Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Range Resources (RRL.L) tipped by RHPS

1171819202123»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭odd1

alanceltic wrote: »
    Get a grip, you haven't a clue what you are talking about!

Pot, kettle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

So what are people's thoughts on this? We have yet more dilution despite the promise to stop diluting. Did we get value for the company? They are promising a fairly hefty production increase by 2015 (but based on the many previous missed targets I'll believe it when I see it). Landau is now taking more of a backseat in the company. I can see there are many people on the boards happy with that news.

I'm hoping newsflow is going to increase slot over the next few weeks. They are delayed in reporting a lot of information, I'm guessing because of this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

odd1 wrote: »
    Pot, kettle

Im not going to educate you, I sincerely hope you are too lazy to backup your one line statements rather than being ignorant or stupid to the real facts.

I will post this for the benefit of anyone reading just in case they actually buy into what you are mentioning. Of the 3 companies you mention only one of them was suspended for operational reasons and that was XTR, they had a cash call.

USOP were suspended for reasons as yet unknown, it is widely known that there was disagreement at board level and somebody tried their best to scuttle the ship (unsuccessfully), NO charges/accusations made against the board of directors.

RRL were suspended on a technicality due to market rules, they were in a trading halt which needed to be extended while they negotiated terms of a merger.

Your 'remark' about suspension is misguided and your claims that they are all trading at all time highs post suspension is incorrect in all 3 cases. Please qualify any other bull**** before you post...

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

cooperguy wrote: »
    They are delayed in reporting a lot of information, I'm guessing because of this deal.

Im not too sure yet as I really know nothing about the other company apart from their main guy who has a VERY chequered past, ex heroine addict/dealer who is not allowed register on the ASX - you couldn't make it up, anyway that's a side issue as he wont be involved in the NEWCO.

As you say about newsflow, I would have been of the same opinion particularly with 2 specific drills in T&T which could have a significant impact on Range's valuation. Im thinking IF there was positive news in the pipeline for RRL it would have made much more sense to release this and increase our market cap which would give RRL holders a much more favourable share split in the NEWCO, now that's not to say that any news not released wasn't valued around the negotiating table but it does raise questions about just what news is coming (if any).

You could also take the view that International Petroleum were on their knees and illiquid, they did plan on disposing a significant asset to NKWE Platinum (look at their directors) http://www.nkweplatinum.com/directors-management.asp which fell through so it is possible this deal had to be rushed through.

Anyway loads of different scenarios, I sincerely hope that the newsflow is still coming on T&T, one thing for sure RRL went into this deal in a position of strength and IP were tight on working capital but with good assets so in theory it could be a good deal for RRl but too early to call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭odd1

I will post this for the benefit of anyone reading just in case they actually buy into what you are mentioning. Of the 3 companies you mention only one of them was suspended for operational reasons and that was XTR, they had a cash call.

USOP were suspended for reasons as yet unknown, it is widely known that there was disagreement at board level and somebody tried their best to scuttle the ship (unsuccessfully), NO charges/accusations made against the board of directors.

RRL were suspended on a tchnicality due to market rules, they were in a trading halt which needed to be extended while they negotiated terms of a merger.

Yes like i said all three were suspended!
    My use of sarcasm was not good apologies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 venividi

Grecco wrote: »
    But not this time, the Bucket of $h1t is trading below 4p now

Cashed out my 3000 shares for princely sum of £27 net today. What a bucket all rite. Never investing in explorations again. Lesson learned. Undecided on whether to crystallise losses on providence resources as well or hold and hope. These 2 only good for sheltering CGT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

venividi wrote: »
    Cashed out my 3000 shares for princely sum of £27 net today. What a bucket all rite. Never investing in explorations again. Lesson learned. Undecided on whether to crystallise losses on providence resources as well or hold and hope. These 2 only good for sheltering CGT

Money well spent if you have learned your lesson.
    Two types of exploration companies out there, those that make money by finding Oil and Gas
    And those that make themselves money by getting a load of Investors on-board (thats the Oil strike for them) then proceed to take their money by issuing shares then using the funds for loads of projects while they drawing big salaries, stock options and underhand drilling contracts etc

The sad news is AIM is full of the later type

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SHS

RRL trading under 1p now.... My average is close to 10p, watched this continuously dropping while Texas cash was been promised to come all along..... Does anyone think the new CEO Rory Scott can turns things around? even some make some progress with Texas and Trinidad , and communicate some honesty and truth with shareholders

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I'm still crying for missing their peak in April 2012 when I could have cashed out:mad::mad::mad:.

Can only hope this new CEO can re-start the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Same, my holding was worth 6 figures at the peak, should have sold them and bought an investment property and Id be laughing now, ended up waiting for it to drop to 6-7p before I dumped them, average was only around 4.5p though so dodged a bullet, this share has ruined a lot of people if you read the other boards around it, people who went all in and encouraged friends and family etc to do the same, not pretty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Well folks never thought today would come....the day my RRL shares are actually in profit :eek:

I initially bought during the first Puntland drill at ~11p and averaged down at various stages to 2.4p. As a result i'm holding a lot more than i had originally planned, and by some stroke of fortune find myself back in the black.

Just wondering if anyone else is still holding and have any thoughts on where this could be headed from here? Will the recent rises continue?

Must admit the temptation exists to get out above water while I can as any thoughts of making money on Range have been consigned to the back of my mind for so long!

Advertisement