Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Enniscorthy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

RAILWAY%2BBRIDGE.JPG

The Railway Bridge

New%2BBridge.JPG

Seamus Rafter Bridge

DOWNSTREAM.JPG

Downstream

BUS%2BSTOP%2BSHOP.JPG

The Bus Stop Shop and the Chinese under siege again.

All pics taken at 9.15 this morning. All kinds of interesting detritus in the river too including a large wooden boxed marked K 7.

DSC00098-1%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

K7 what gives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

If it was K9 it could be from the dog kennels......

Or K2 - a mountain

• Advertisement

The former "Baked Potato" premises on Rafter Street has had a serious makeover since its takeover by Cooney's Bakery. All-day breakfast @ €7.50 - report coming shortly. :D

IMG_6347.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Plenty of resurfacing work going on around the town yet the craters at the Templeshannon side of the bridge remain,somebody threw a couple of shovels of tar into it the other day,it lasted a couple of hours.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

A 32 year old Man has been charged in connection with the robbery of a shop in Enniscorthy yesterday evening.

The incident took place at 5pm on Templeshannon Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

zerks wrote: »
    Plenty of resurfacing work going on around the town yet the craters at the Templeshannon side of the bridge remain,somebody threw a couple of shovels of tar into it the other day,it lasted a couple of hours.

Is that the NRA's responsabiliy or the councils?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

According to MapAlert this morning:

Emergency road repairs will be carried out at Springvalley, Enniscorthy on the 26th and 27th November. Diversions will be in place for the duration of the works.

• Advertisement

Good to see the Protestant Hall (or whatever it's called) lit up and being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

St.Mary's Church Institute - I think - and they are getting ready for the Christmas Bazaar on Saturday. Plenty of Protestant buns!

Del.Monte wrote: »
    St.Mary's Church Institute - I think - and they are getting ready for the Christmas Bazaar on Saturday. Plenty of Protestant buns!

So what if they are Protestant Catholic or Atheist buns? Really like.

No need for that rubbish tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

:(

Doesn't matter what you meant with this comment, it's wide open to misinterpretation.

Silly comment TBF - I think you should withdraw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭__oc__

It's a great day out for all the family regardless of religious denomination and il make a point of going again this year :)

kneemos wrote: »
    Is that the NRA's responsabiliy or the councils?

It's an N Road running through the town so technically it's the NRA's responsibility but then they say it's the Council's and as a result the bare minimum repairs are done as each leaves it to the other.Typical Ireland.

I take it that the negative replies about my 'Protestant Buns' comment are from the non C of I boardsies? It was meant as a a bit of fun and is something of an 'in house' joke amongst our community. Still there's nothing like taking offence for the sake of it.

I take it that the negative replies about my 'Protestant Buns' comment are from the non C of I boardsies? It was meant as a a bit of fun and is something of an 'in house' joke amongst our community. Still there's nothing like taking offence for the sake of it.

Better had you not posted it in the first place. Had you said you were C of I might have helped. Luckily that Protestant Catholic rubbish doesn't feature much in Enniscorthy and the surrounding villages.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭barney 20v

jca wrote: »
    Better had you not posted it in the first place. Had you said you were C of I might have helped. Luckily that Protestant Catholic rubbish doesn't feature much in Enniscorthy and the surrounding villages.

True , a scalder is a scalder no matter the religion !

• Advertisement

Atheist - FWIW.

My comment above still stands...'open to misniterpretation...'

Fun? Try using smilies or 'emoticons' then - we can only read your psot and take it literally - unless you indicate otherwise.

No offence taken by me - but others might, or, presume that that auld sh*te still goes on.

Regardless, an ill-advised post IMO.

blindsider wrote: »
    Atheist - FWIW.

My comment above still stands...'open to misniterpretation...'

Fun? Try using smilies or 'emoticons' then - we can only read your psot and take it literally - unless you indicate otherwise.

No offence taken by me - but others might, or, presume that that auld sh*te still goes on.

Regardless, an ill-advised post IMO.

I don't have enough posts to use smilies or emoticons and I'm unlikely to reach enough if this is the reaction I get. Perhaps I should go back to the time honoured way and 'keep my head down' ? (insert laughing smilie)

Perhaps you should ;-))

But remember, where there's a will, there's a way :-O

Anyone fancy a cheap house,there's 2 to be auctioned off by Allsops, €30,000 for a 3 bed in Gimont or one in MarleField.

Time for a cup of tea and a Jacob's bun.

Made a trip to Argos in Wexford,the town was chocca,Enniscorthy was depressingly familiar with empty streets,even the other day I called to several shops looking for an electrical item - yup,not one had it.Then shop owners/the council want us to shop in Enniscorthy??

blindsider wrote: »
    Perhaps you should ;-))

But remember, where there's a will, there's a way relative :-O

FYP :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

zerks wrote: »
    Made a trip to Argos in Wexford,the town was chocca,Enniscorthy was depressingly familiar with empty streets,even the other day I called to several shops looking for an electrical item - yup,not one had it.Then shop owners/the council want us to shop in Enniscorthy??

That's evidence of a downward spiral. Traders have few customers, so there is limited funds to buy a wide range of stock, leading to customers not finding what they want and on and on.

The Church Bazaar did a roaring trade today anyway. : -) About the only place in town that was busy. Did anyone go up to Yates' book signing in Byrne's?

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    FYP :D

LOL! And if there are 2 relatives, you're goosed!

Advertisement