Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3DS StreetPass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

72 hits from an afternoon in akihabara

I was there a couple of months ago, the place is a 3ds goldmine! :) I sat down outside a restaurant that day and looked around me - I realised that practically Everyone had their 3ds out (and every version of the console going, including the Eevee edition). Go to Tokyo Disneyland, I got about 130 hits one day, waiting in lines is a good time to refresh the plaza. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

today i got 9 streetpass hits and n64 hat

• Registered Users Posts: 1 R0B0T 9000

I've only ever had one hit on Streetpass too. And that was in the Centre of London.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

342 hits over 3 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

If I leave the house today I just might reach 250 streetpasses. Currently at 249 :o

• Advertisement

7 hits today thank dublin flight fest and 3ds update

10 hits Last monday thanks to last thursday arthursday and last saturday and sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Was at Eurogamer on Saturday, 130! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Was at Eurogamer on Saturday, 130! :P

Awesome! Do you ever bring yours out and about? We live in the same town but I've never got a hit from you. :(

I'm considering organising a meetup in Galway during Hallowe'en break although it's nothing more than a thought currently. X + Y would be out a couple of weeks previously so there's a theme sorted straight away too. Convey your interest here in order to motivate me guys! :pac:

robman60 wrote: »
    Awesome! Do you ever bring yours out and about? We live in the same town but I've never got a hit from you. :(

I'm considering organising a meetup in Galway during Hallowe'en break although it's nothing more than a thought currently. X + Y would be out a couple of weeks previously so there's a theme sorted straight away too. Convey your interest here in order to motivate me guys! :pac:

Consider me interested! :)

• Advertisement

i got 15 hits but i only walk about 3 times around city centre dublin, my 1st day was last thursday on my towards tallaght sq on luas from point and after my interview i got laus back to the point, the next day which was last friday i went into town henry street to get wind waker, and last saturday to forbidden planet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I brought my 3ds into dublin today to try out the streetpass thing and see what it was all about. I managed to pick up 8 different miis! I can definitely see the appeal of streetpass, it's good craic. Quick question though, when I open up mii plaza now there're more than the 8 people I met, there are another 5 miis that don't have a profile but say "Met via invitation". What does that mean?

I brought my 3ds into dublin today to try out the streetpass thing and see what it was all about. I managed to pick up 8 different miis! I can definitely see the appeal of streetpass, it's good craic. Quick question though, when I open up mii plaza now there're more than the 8 people I met, there are another 5 miis that don't have a profile but say "Met via invitation". What does that mean?

I'd say you must have played with them online in MarioKart 7 or another game, that's usually how it happens anyway, if you play online with people they get added to your Mii plaza automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'd say you must have played with them online in MarioKart 7 or another game, that's usually how it happens anyway, if you play online with people they get added to your Mii plaza automatically.

Nope! Never played online, the only games I have are mario 3d land and mario and luigi dream team. I did get some notifications on 3d land though, of new cube levels sent with street pass, so maybe that's it?

Nope! Never played online, the only games I have are mario 3d land and mario and luigi dream team. I did get some notifications on 3d land though, of new cube levels sent with street pass, so maybe that's it?
    Hmm, possibly. Usually when you streetpass someone any compatible game data from games you've played will be exchanged, but sometimes the other person mightn't have the Mii plaza itself set up for streetpass so you'd just receive info for other games like sm3dl in a case like that. As in, you could have actually streetpassed more than 8 people but not all of the hits would have contained puzzle/streetpass quest data.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

jaydoxx wrote: »
    If I leave the house today I just might reach 250 streetpasses. Currently at 249 :o

Was it me???:D

by playing online with 3ds you get more miis in your streetpass plaza much faster then passing by then in the street and you can get Accomplishments like

Accomplishment 47:
    Plaza population reached 50.

Accomplishment 48:
    Plaza population reached 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

If you meet someone and their mii plaza is maxed out at 10/10, you'll still meet their mii via invitation. You must have passed people who hadn't cleared their queues so you just received them as an invite mii instead. This has probably happened more since AC:NL being released.

if you get 10 miis and u see a pink arrow, pink arrow means more miis are coming after your 1st 10 miis and this week i got 10 hits on my streetpass and new piece for pokemon x and y panel and lets see what next week gets means and i also finish street pass squad game.

9 hits in Galway today, place is buzzing with Pokemon X players, and the odd Y too. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Back from Tokyo a week or so now, went from ~600 hits to more than 1200 while over there. Would guess that about 1100 of those hits have come from 3 trips to Tokyo over the last few years.

i got 10 hits last FRIDAY

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

2 10-hit days, 2 weeks running. I love you, HMV! Ever since it reopened in liffey valley the golden days are back!

i got 10 hyits last saturday through henry st walking down towards stevens green

Wow 10 hits in Galway at lunchtime! :D

Think I got my first Boardsie hit yesterday. So many pink pieces to choose from...

i got 20 hits last today through henry st walking down towards stevens green and milltown by luas and i won streetpass battle and i did it im ruler of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Banjo wrote: »
    Think I got my first Boardsie hit yesterday. So many pink pieces to choose from...

Was it me????

Yep!
    You were my first! The Romeo to my Juliette, the Edward to my Bella, the 2003 Wimbledon final to my Roger Federer, we shall always have a bond that neither time nor space nor Nintendo disabling Streetpass to foil paedophiles can ever break. Whenever I look at that box in the back of the kitchen full of Ikea furniture that I fully intend to build one day, I'll think of you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If only I'd remembered mine...

:(

Advertisement