Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I have a cup of cat shíte coffee please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

coffee [ˈkɒfɪ]
    n
    1. (Cookery)
    a. a drink consisting of an infusion of the roasted and ground or crushed seeds of the coffee tree
    b. (as modifier) coffee grounds
    2. (Cookery) Also called coffee beans the beanlike seeds of the coffee tree, used to make this beverage
    3. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Plants) short for coffee tree
    4. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Colours)
    a. a medium to dark brown colour
    b. (as adjective) a coffee carpet
    wake up and smell the coffee See wake1 [7]
    [from Italian caffè, from Turkish kahve, from Arabic qahwah coffee, wine]

(Source: Freedictionary.com)

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Stephen Fry gave some to Prince Charles. I'm sure it's just so he can say he got him to eat ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Where have you and the Irish Times been? As the article says, it's been around long enough to be satirised in a Hollywood movie.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Um..
    Thank you?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

it is made from coffee beans that have been eaten and shat out undigested. I tried doing it meself by eating nothing but coffee beans for three days and then brewing up my poo. It tasted like arse.*

*but better than starbucks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

This is old news, but I'd love to try some, must waste some of my wages on a bag next payday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

davet82 wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2012/0407/1224314406241.html

who the fcuk drinks this Celtic Tiger Cat coffee? Not because its from a cats arse but because they are charging 26 euro a cup! Anybody here ever drink it? I heard the guy who supplys it in Ireland on the radio this morning saying he cannot keep up with the demand :eek:
    bnt wrote: »
    Where have you and the Irish Times been? As the article says, it's been around long enough to be satirised in a Hollywood movie.

yes i have seen the bucket list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

What a load of sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I heard the guy who supplys it in Ireland on the radio this morning saying he cannot keep up with the demand :eek:

Then again he's hardly going to say "I can't move this shít".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i would love to try it but i doubt i would appreciate it enough to warrant paying 26 euro for a cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Why can't people just be content with a nice cuppa tea? :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I remember seeing this on Nothing to Declare a while back.. someone was trying to smuggle the stuff in and they weren't allowed...

Expensive stuff IIRC.. Quite the delicacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A hipster fool and their money are easily parted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

forfuxsake wrote: »
    it is made from coffee beans that have been eaten and shat out undigested. I tried doing it meself by eating nothing but coffee beans for three days and then brewing up my poo. It tasted like arse.*

*but better than starbucks

Starbuttocks maybe?

(I'll get me coat...)

mike65 wrote: »
    A hipster fool and their money are easily parted.

What's foolish about buying something which is reputed as the best of it's kind? Why buy champagne or expensive wine when you can buy a box of tesco value wine? I don't think hipster comes into it either.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

xzanti wrote: »
    I remember seeing this on Nothing to Declare a while back.. someone was trying to smuggle the stuff in and they weren't allowed...

Expensive stuff IIRC.. Quite the delicacy.

Where had they stashed it, as a matter of interest?

BTW, isn't that kind of the whole point of smuggling - that it's not allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2012/0407/1224314406241.html

who the fcuk drinks this Celtic Tiger Cat coffee? Not because its from a cats arse but because they are charging 26 euro a cup! Anybody here ever drink it? I heard the guy who supplys it in Ireland on the radio this morning saying he cannot keep up with the demand :eek:

If i came across it i would try it.
    I love my coffee.
    Its no worse than sausages made with pigs small intestines for skin.
    Quit being so sqeamish.

The in house price is mental, however, if you're big into coffee and you have a decent machine at home, maybe it's worth €3.50 a cup. Cheaper than a pint!

Still choose a cup of tea any day!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Where had they stashed it, as a matter of interest?

I think it was actually being sent through the mail and was concealed in something.

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Quit being so sqeamish.

its the €26.59 (promotional price might i add) for a cup of it that is making me sqeamish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I visited one of the farms in Indonesia where this coffee is produced. The little luwaks run around freely and eat the beans. I didn't think a lot of the coffee, definitely not worth the price that is asked for it. They had other coffee that there that they roasted freshly and it tasted better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

OP, are you feline ok?

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    This is old news, but I'd love to try some, must waste some of my wages on a bag next payday

I'd love to try it myself but i couldnt pay that obscene amount for a coffee ( 20 good-sized cups costs €68.49 )

would you really pay that?

although the guy on radio this morning was saying his last order was for a wedding, 180 guests and charged him over €700 for it so i guess there is a market or he wouldnt be selling it.

I'd love to try it myself but i couldnt pay that obscene amount for a coffee ( 20 good-sized cups costs €68.49 )

would you really pay that?

although the guy on radio this morning was saying his last order was for a wedding, 180 guests and charged him over €700 for it so i guess there is a market or he wouldnt be selling it.

Well I waste money on all kinds of sh*te (no pun intended). Anyway it looks like you can buy it in the UK for cheaper, smaller portion but at least I'd get to try it

http://www.thebeanshop.com/shop/detail.asp?prodid=100065

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Got a small bag (enough for about 3 cups) of this for a birthday/Christmas gift a couple of years ago.

It was nice - nothing special though.

Got a small bag (enough for about 3 cups) of this for a birthday/Christmas gift a couple of years ago.

what a shít present :p

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Well I waste money on all kinds of sh*te (no pun intended).

that fact i pay €9.10 on a packet of cigs dosent exactly give me the moral high ground too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I just object to the price. The fact that it's 'cat shíte coffee' shouldn't matter, unless you grow your dinner in a lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

I've tried it.
    Think geek sell packs of it, Civet Crap Coffee.
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/moms/d60c/

It totally lacks any harshness to the taste which is there in all other coffees.

• Advertisement

that fact i pay €9.10 on a packet of cigs dosent exactly give me the moral high ground too :)

Get on the Amber Leaf ffs!

Advertisement