Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Wow - Well done on losing 70lbs, that's really a phenomenal achievement. One I hope to follow in your steps to! Any tips??
    I am started this week, and find it fine up to the evenings, and then it all goes wrong. I live on my own so have no one to reign me in and stop me. I have huge respect for anyone who has succeeded. But I will try and do just one day at a time. Where can I go to get some quick and easy weight watcher receipes? I wouldn't be the best in the kitchen now!!
    Good luck to everyone over Christmas!! xx

Hi there, well done on getting started, found that was the hardest thing for me to do but it does work so stick with it! I've another 4 lbs down this week and loving it!
    Cooking-wise, WW do a great cookbook - Just for Me - recipes for one, mostly quick and easy and many of them using the same basic ingredients so your not buying a huge range of groceries for a household of one! Hopefully they will bring out new edition catering to new Pro-Points system, so maybe wait til Jan to buy. Also the UK WW website has great archive of recipes.
    On the bright side, living on your own can be great for WWers as you don't have to cater for other people at mealtimes and you don't have them bringing temptation into the house. I found this when i re-joined this time, much easier and much more successful than when living at home with the folks.
    Good luck with your weight loss and keep us updated!
    Eimear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Welcome thescriptfan. Well done Alpha. I was up a pound this week but considering I ate loads of junk food and it totm not a bad result. I can't remember if I told you all I got my 50lbs certificate. 28 to go :eek:

thescriptfan I just avoid the biscuit/crisps/sweets aisles in the supermarket. So that I'm not tempted cos If I have biscuits/sweets/crisps I'd eat the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

TheScriptFan- welcome to the party.

Eimear & Slaygal- good on ya!

Same as that btw- avoid the sweet/biscuit aisle, or my class leader recommends shopping online.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TheScriptFan

Thanks so much for the welcome!! definitely good advice on just avoiding beinging anything into the house.
    Feeling encouraged!! Well done on the 50lb cert...that's fantastic!! I aspoire to holding one of those myself some day!

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Anyone have some good,quick,satisfying, tasty breakfast recipes?
    I'm getting so sick of oatmeal.

I really only have about 5 -10 mins in the morning to make & eat breakfast before college. but as i'm off college for next few weeks time isnt a factor.

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Anyone have some good,quick,satisfying, tasty breakfast recipes?
    I'm getting so sick of oatmeal.

I really only have about 5 -10 mins in the morning to make & eat breakfast before college. but as i'm off college for next few weeks time isnt a factor.

Somebody had a pancake recipe in a nutrition and diet thread a few months ago that I have adapted. It has still got the good of oatmeal, plus the protein of an egg. I find I'm happy till about 1pm on this. I just made up my weeks supply an hour ago.

I count it as 3 <old> points per day, but I don't know what it would be in propoints. To make 5 days worth of pancakes I mix 150g porridge, 5 eggs, 1 tbsp baking powder and 1/2 tbsp skimmed milk in a blender. Make 10 pancakes from this quantity, and allow to cool. I keep them in a lunch box in the fridge and I pop two in the toaster every morning.

I normally add a spoon of honey, marmite or brazil nut butter, depending on my humour. (The honey or brazil butter are extra points though.)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arfheabhas

Well done to all of the losers ;-) Hello to everyone new!

Lady Lainy- I have an egg poacher that poaches them in the microwave in 1 minute. Think I got it in the supermarket-very handy. I find it good for a quick filling breakfast.

Didn't post last week but I stayed the same- totm and a night out so was happy enough.

Xmas weigh-in down 2lbs so that makes it an even stone. Hit my xmas goal- delighted with that only 2 1/2 lbs from my maintenance weight from the first time I did weight watchers. Goal weight this time is 6 1/2 away though.

Hoping not to go too mad at xmas- christmas eve to st. stephens day off points (coors light on st. stephens night- think they're 1 1/2 pts and more filling than vodka so will drink them slower and not have as much. Thankfully no chipper in local town) Then back on track!

Just talking to someone I know that is in ww and she said that she's not bothering with tracking, points or anything else until the new plan comes in January. She's taking Christmas "off".

So those of us that are here still tracking and pointing- on what has been a very quiet thread for the last few weeks- well done you! It would be so easy to use Christmas as an excuse and give up until January- trust me, it's been on my mind! I hate this cold weather- I want to jump into a big hearty pot of beef stew and never come out! It's so hard to resist "picking" in this cold.

Any way- no meeting today, so for my own private weigh in this morning down 4 lbs. Well chuffed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Muirgheal wrote: »
    Just talking to someone I know that is in ww and she said that she's not bothering with tracking, points or anything else until the new plan comes in January. She's taking Christmas "off".

So those of us that are here still tracking and pointing- on what has been a very quiet thread for the last few weeks- well done you! It would be so easy to use Christmas as an excuse and give up until January- trust me, it's been on my mind! I hate this cold weather- I want to jump into a big hearty pot of beef stew and never come out! It's so hard to resist "picking" in this cold.

Any way- no meeting today, so for my own private weigh in this morning down 4 lbs. Well chuffed!

Well done on your loss!!!!!

I think personally its best to go somewhere in the middle, Im pointing right up to Christmas eve (although by then my points might be including some chocs lol) and then im taking a few days off, aiming to be back early next week!
    my weigh in was yesterday, down 1.2lbs!

hope you dont mind me asking, What is your typical daily diet? 4lbs....is AMAZING! i've been so down and feeling rotton with this headcold last 10 days. I been eating nothing but evil white bread, in sandwiches morning noon and night cos I just havent had the energy or time to cook.

thank god i'm feeling better but jesus....all that bread did some serious damage...tho i suspect its mainly water weight from all the carbs and im bloated as hell. This cold weather is torture! I'm constantly starving!

• Advertisement

hope you dont mind me asking, What is your typical daily diet? 4lbs....is AMAZING! i've been so down and feeling rotton with this headcold last 10 days. I been eating nothing but evil white bread, in sandwiches morning noon and night cos I just havent had the energy or time to cook.

thank god i'm feeling better but jesus....all that bread did some serious damage...tho i suspect its mainly water weight from all the carbs and im bloated as hell. This cold weather is torture! I'm constantly starving!

Thanks Lainy. You're right, the cold weather is torture! My god, my toes are numb!

Today's been fairly typical so as an example- (Sorry, this is in the old points.)
    Breakfast - Oatmeal pancakes 3
    with honey 0.5

Lunch- Veg soup 0
    Soda bread with tahini 3

Dinner- Stuffed Aubergine (with Tofu and yogurt) 4
    Naan Bread 5

Snack- Pineapple 2
    Banana 1.5
    Melon 2

I will be having a beer now too- 3
    Session in curves- 4 exercise points

I have an allowance of 22 points.

Thanks Lainy. You're right, the cold weather is torture! My god, my toes are numb!

Today's been fairly typical so as an example- (Sorry, this is in the old points.)
    Breakfast - Oatmeal pancakes 3
    with honey 0.5

Lunch- Veg soup 0
    Soda bread with tahini 3

Dinner- Stuffed Aubergine (with Tofu and yogurt) 4
    Naan Bread 5

Snack- Pineapple 2
    Banana 1.5
    Melon 2

I will be having a beer now too- 3
    Session in curves- 4 exercise points

I have an allowance of 22 points.

wow your such a healthy eater! Well done you!

Have a wonderfully hectic few days lined up- thankfully everyone has made it home for Christmas! I won't have a chance to post for a few days.

So to all the posters here have a safe, healthy and a very happy Christmas!

I hope Santa is good to you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

Have a wonderfully hectic few days lined up- thankfully everyone has made it home for Christmas! I won't have a chance to post for a few days.

So to all the posters here have a safe, healthy and a very happy Christmas!

I hope Santa is good to you! :)

Hope everyone has a Great Christmas, let the festive eating begin, we can lose it again in the new year :P:P

Up 2 this week, was hoping I wasn't so I could really dig into Christmas dinner but sure once the snow has gone and Christmas is over, ill be back on track :)

Happy Christmas Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

happy christmas to all,roll on the pro points!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Heya everyone, great thread!

Joined WW 8 weeks ago, in first 7 weeks lost 18lbs. Delighted!

This week has been my complete downfall though. All the roses and mince pies and quality street floating around in work and no walking with the snow has been my detriment.

Does the snow make anyone else feel like just eating and eating? and drinking lol

Do you think if I get back on track after Stephens day that I will be able to avoid going up on the scales when we return to WW in the New Year? :)

Thats fantastic Monife! |

Ah its christmas....the more you fight it and tell your self your not allowed to eat it, the more you want it. and the more you will nose dive off the wagon and eat all round. I've just been letting my self eat what i want to eat when i'm hungry. I'm trying to over eating and avoiding eating for the sake of eating.

But 27th of Jan i'm back on the wagon. 24th - 26th I'm not pointing...but still being point aware, going for chutney and relish over mayo or gravy. And staying away from beers and ciders. Malibu and Diet coke is the cocktail of choice.

Our pipes are frozen here, so cant drink water :( I still have a load if water weight and bloating from when i was sick,

Enjoy Christmas, Hell if anyone deserves it, WE DO! AND PLEASE, Don't beat your self up indulging and going up a few over xmas! The Whole COuntry Gains Weight! We'll all help each other back on the wagon in the new year!

Best wishes to ye all

Nollaig Bheannaithe agus Athbhliain faoi mhaise daoibh.

But 27th of Jan i'm back on the wagon. 24th - 26th I'm not pointing...[/B]

I presume you meant December :P

alpha2010 wrote: »
    I presume you meant December :P

LOL yes december, woopsies.
    tho even today...i'm so sick of junk and crap. i'm craving healthy food

Right,
    Its the final week of 2010, my next weight in will be in 2011. Gotta get my act together.

Back pointing today. So in the last few months I have gained....and gained :( and gained again.

but new year is a fresh start. I'm going to be proactive in 2011. No more waiting for things to happen. I'm going to make them happen.

Moving the old tiny tv from my room, to infront of the treadmill, and i have an old dvd player. Going to start watching dvds and box sets while on the treadmill to encourage me to use it!

But at least my mum has totally slacked off on her fitness and healthy eating...so I dont feel like such a failure weight loss wise. Life has just been so hectic.

I'm back in college on 10th of january. So i have exactly two weeks to get my **** together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Right,
    Its the final week of 2010, my next weight in will be in 2011. Gotta get my act together.

Back pointing today. So in the last few months I have gained....and gained :( and gained again.

but new year is a fresh start. I'm going to be proactive in 2011. No more waiting for things to happen. I'm going to make them happen.

Moving the old tiny tv from my room, to infront of the treadmill, and i have an old dvd player. Going to start watching dvds and box sets while on the treadmill to encourage me to use it!

But at least my mum has totally slacked off on her fitness and healthy eating...so I dont feel like such a failure weight loss wise. Life has just been so hectic.

I'm back in college on 10th of january. So i have exactly two weeks to get my **** together!
    im with you on this one,LL,think class will be back on 6th jan,my birthday so roll on pro-points!! i weighed myself this morn at home,have gained 5lbs since 11th nov!!!hopefully 2011 will be a better yr for all!!!;)

down 3 this week, didn't believe it so I got it checked in another place but shocked :O I didn't go too crazy over Christmas and since the snow left I have been exercising like crazy woo

Alpha- how in the name of all that's holy have you lost weight over Christmas? Well done!

And well done Monife!

Gave myself a weigh in on Tuesday, yesterday morning, and have gained two and a half pounds. Probably gained another two and a half since. <sigh>

It is all alcohol related- and I will definitely be doing a lot more drinking over the next week! I console myself that if I was eating as freely as I did last Christmas it would be much worse. I just was not willing to cut down on my drinks- which may be a sign I should be in touch with AA.

Not going to fret too much though, cause I'll kick myself back into touch after the relatives go home on the 6th. At that stage I'll have a stone gained.

Alpha- how in the name of all that's holy have you lost weight over Christmas? Well done!

I was convinced that I gained but when I really thought about it, I only had 2 or 3 drinks over the week, Im drunk on 2 bottles because I dont drink as much and plus 5 stone lighter makes it easier for me to get drunk and after Sunday, I was back jogging 30mins in total everyday

Im so happy that my partner found this cafe in our area that delivers, its like pub food, expensive but worth it because he can order anything he wants while I can order my salad or whatever healthy meal I want

Im not a martyr. I do need my Junk food on a Friday, starts off with a nice fry, then Eddie rockets later and then prob some nachos and dip in the movies haha

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.. <3

sick again! damn it damn it damn it! I think my cold has left a lovely sinus infection behind! going to doctor later to blash this fecking thing once and for all. Been sick since second week of December! Also going to try the thyroid medication again. I want to do everything I can to help my journey for 2011!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Thanks for that link lady Lainy :)

Looking forward to finding out more about pro points but a little bit anxious as the current system has been working well for me so far ;)

I'm presuming with pro-points being a new approach that the current calculators etc will no longer be any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tinkerspony

Loosing weight without dieting
    There are thousands of diet books and quick fixes on the market. Most are useless, some will provide short term gains. You can loose 10 lbs by dehydrating yourself over a weekend. But you ll put it back on again.
    Here is some of the best advice i was ever given in relation to slimming/loosing weight and keeping it off: Eat 5 to 6 meals a day! Here is the story.. we only need 1800 to 2400 calories a day so divide that by the 6 meals, max 400 calories per meal. Eat a good source of protein at each meal e.g chicken, tuna, eggs. Make sure you dont eat 2 hours before bed. when you get up eat first meal. Best food for breakfast is eggs. They will kick start your metabolism. dont eat much carbohydrates after 5 in the evening(bread, pasta,potatoes).Drink lots of water, your body is primarily made up of water and you need it to flush out your system. There is another trick which you must use if you want to succeed in loosing and keeping off weight. You must be in a calorie deficit for 3 days to loose weight, and on day four you can eat more than needed, this tricks your body into thinking it is no longer starving and increases your metabolism again. on day five back to calorie deficit. If you think you dont have to count calories then you have no idea what you are doing, and you will fail. Ok you might say you only eat 1000 calories a day and you are still putting on weight, the reason is your body kicks into starvation mode and stores all your food as fat! if you eat every 3 hours you will not go into starvation mode. Of course you must exercise also in order to loose weight, diet is one part only. The best way to burn fat is by using your largest muscles when you exercise. that is your leg muscles. Running,cycling,rowing machine are the 3 best fat burning exercises, but you must maintain a steady pace for at least 45 mins a session, otherwise it is useless. To recap, eat 6 meals a day, eat every 3 hours, eat a good source of protein at each meal, drink lots of water, exercise for 45 mins using your largest leg muscles. Dont eat carbs after 5 pm, dont eat 2 hours before bed, get minimum 8 hours sleep,eat eggs they will increase your metabolism. You can cheat once a week with any meal you want, but no more than 400 calories! Eat less for 3 days and day 4 increase calories slightly then less for next 3. There is no easy way to diet but if you try this method for 1 month, it will work for you. Good luck. ( I am not a nutrition expert,a doctor or fitness guru, but the above method works for me and anyone who ever tried it) I am currently at 5% body fat (from 19%) in 3 months. I lost 12 lbs of fat, but gained 10 lbs of muscle. I lost 3 inches off my waist. I am never hungry. I dont eat rubbish food. Give it a try, take a fools advice! Its Free!
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

http://www.goalsguy.com/events/n_top-ten-resolutions.html

I think we all have the same new year resolutions. I found this article really motivating and interesting.

Now is the perfect chance, everyone here is starting together afresh on the same foot :D Which is kinda cool, we can really get behind each other.

• Advertisement

Happy New Year!

Here's to a lighter 2011!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement