Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with gym/protein/diet

• 05-01-2013 3:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all,
    Im new to this so bare with me.
    Im 19, 6 foot and weigh about 83kg. I play gaelic and consider myself fit. I have a lean frame.But During the winter without football i have gotten a beer belly. I am back in the gym now before the season starts and was considering getting whey protein. Im looking to tone up. I want to get rid of the belly, but mainly tone up and also increase my muscle mass. What supplements would you recommend. Also im changing my diet so any advice there would help as my current diet is poor.

Thanks in advance.
    Jay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Firstly get your diet in order. Don't even mention Whey protein yet. Get the calories you need from the nutrition stickies here, and then work out a diet plan which fits that calorie amount, and that you feel yourself are able to stick to.

There is NO supplement that can be taken to overcome a poor diet.

To lose weight you need a calorie deficit.

To Gain muscle you need a calorie surplus.

Whey protein believe it or not, won't instantly make you stronger, it's not a magic juice. It's basically the same as a small chicken fillet in a convenient easy form.

Anyhow after you work out your diet and how many g's of protein you will get from it on a daily basis, if it's short of your requirements then by all means buy whey protein, but first get your diet in check.

After you get your diet in check perhaps I'd be looking at getting a Creatine supplement aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Prodigy38

Thanks for the help doublegg,
    I think your right. I excercise regularly the main thing i need to sort out is the diet. Just one thing what does creatine do, is it safe etc.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Prodigy38 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help doublegg,
    I think your right. I excercise regularly the main thing i need to sort out is the diet. Just one thing what does creatine do, is it safe etc.
    Thanks again.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054989471

Check it out here.

A quick google and you can see many of it's benefits.

Advertisement