Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the proper word for a giant VR hamster ball... thing

• 19-05-2012 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Ok, I've a few questions, and you guys may be the best people to ask, since VR seems to be a 80s/90s era technology as too many of the youth of today have have wet dreams about motion controls, AR and touch screens (I blame it on a lack of healthy childhood activity like as blowing dust out of cartridges).
    • What the heck is this thing called? :confused:
    • Has anyone seen an arcade game use one of these? Anyone ever been in one?
    • How much do they cost and where sells 'em?
    205688.jpg

[DayZ. :eek:]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Its the "How to destroy 20 years of work getting videogames into the mainstream in one easy step" game....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,090 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It looks like Zorbing, only a bit ****ter.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Nevermind. Installed a google by image plug-in and it came right up.

VirtuSphere.
    (Sounds like a chastity belt shaped like a ball :pac: )
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Its the "How to destroy 20 years of work getting videogames into the mainstream in one easy step" game....

Aw c'mon. The moustache isn't that bad, is it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gods!
    Didn't even see the sh1tty 'stache!

You know the game probably looks like a 1991 ITV kids show, right?

Gods!
    Didn't even see the sh1tty 'stache!

You know the game probably looks like a 1991 ITV kids show, right?

I hope for his sake it does.

barfogenic is an actual term in VR fields for too pretty graphics used with a low FPS. Besides, I think this whole push for realism in games is offering diminishing returns, on the whole.

Doom or Battlechess in VR? Or Portal with dumbed down graphics ? Sign me up. :D

• Advertisement

I'd stick an electric go-kart in and play VR Mario kart!
    Red Shell for the win!

I'd stick an electric go-kart in and play VR Mario kart!
    Red Shell for the win!

That's the stupidest thing I ever -

:eek:

... As I was saying, that's the most brilliant thing I've ever heard. Also at the time of writing "shut up and take my money" is the top comment on that YouTube video and the estimated cost of the cart is $1,750.

Advertisement