Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gardai Signed Passport Photos for 2nd Year IEC.

Options
  • 15-01-2013 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Ok I'm currently in Canada and applying for the IEC for my second time.

How should we get our passport photos signed? Should it be done by a Canadian police officer? I can probably get them signed by a Gardai from home but I wouldn't technically be there with my passport while he did it. What are others doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

I have heard this doesn't need to be done.

Can anyone confirm please?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 locoo

At my local Garda Station it mentioned having proof that you need the clearance. Does anybody know what the story is with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

I'm not sure if things differ when applying for a second year IEC but I successfully applied for my first year and never got my passport photos signed by the Gardai. I never heard that you had to do that either.

Advertisement