Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S.A.A - Snow Addicts Anonymous cold turkey thread

• 30-12-2011 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭

Now, there you go, a thread for all you snow addicts suffering withdrawl symptoms to pine to your hearts' content! Refer to the other threads for forecast discussion, and use this one for ranting if they don't promise your snow! That should free up the others :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Hello, my name is WolfeIRE and it's been almost two years since I last saw snow cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Hello, my name is WolfeIRE and it's been almost two years since I last saw snow cover.

:eek::o You poor fella, just stay strong, you're doing well and can pull your way through.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Hello Wolfe, we feel your pain....

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Hi I'm David,I'm really needing too see or feel some snow soon , I love even frost and were not getting that ether,come on snow gods do us proud :p

This is the new ssa snow sufferers annonomous!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Hi I'm David,I'm really needing too see or feel some snow soon , I love even frost and were not getting that ether,come on snow gods do us proud :p

This is the new ssa snow sufferers annonomous!

+1! :D David lets forget the whole east v west discussion we had earlier about snow and focus on what we both love................SNOW!! :):):)

d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Hi I'm Fred (aka Ltdslipdiff) and I've been living in the freezer since late November. I really really need some snow soon.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I have to say that I'n taken down my shrine to Goddess Khione, I'm turning my back on her and her ineffectual powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Hi , my name is Ian, im a well known snow addict in my local area. :(

Its has been 15 days since my last snow.

I am going to Kiruna Sweden on the 20 th of Jan. ( COUGHS FOREVER!! ) ...
    All are welcome to try fit in my luggage! :)

4264614875_d61357eac7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Still not the same as seeing the sacred white stuff in your own back yard.

I have managed to contain myself well this winter and not relapse.

I really think a change will come as the polar vortex slowly loosens its tight grip.
    When MT asked the first snowfall of the season question couple months ago i put down Feb 5th i think it was. I did this because that's when i truly felt winter would arrive. So i shall not go off the rails till after then.

PS
    Hope then rest of ye can hang on because truly epic snow has mostly fallen in this time period in the past whereas what we experience Nov /Dec last year does not happen really at all.

Of course if that too fails there is alway next winter:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Blizzards late January, read all about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Su Campu wrote: »
    Now, there you go, a thread for all you snow addicts suffering withdrawl symptoms to pine to your hearts' content! Refer to the other threads for forecast discussion, and use this one for ranting if they don't promise your snow! That should free up the others :cool:

Hee hee! I was only joking in the other thread! But this makes sense. We can talk to our hearts content about those magical flakes from heaven!

I went to Prague in December thinking if we didn't get snow at home, I'd be guaranteed some there. But alas they were going through an unseasonable mild spell :mad: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

You tease :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Some in the west may see snow on the night of 1-2 January or even during the day Monday. Once again, it's elevation dependent (150m).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Su Campu wrote: »
    Refer to the other threads for forecast discussion,

That's a good idea. Oh wait. The forecast thread for next week was closed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Some in the west may see snow on the night of 1-2 January or even during the day Monday. Once again, it's elevation dependent (150m).

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday too have snow potential if the charts keep evolving as they are with more polar maritime incursions. I think some will be surprised (again).

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭only one

t|nt|n wrote: »

You tease :p
    ?????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

high pressure, seriously getting really annoying now.:mad:

also, mother nature, make up your mind.:mad:

i just need snow now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

darkman2 wrote: »
    Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday too have snow potential if the charts keep evolving as they are with more polar maritime incursions. I think some will be surprised (again).

You is a dog wiff a bone re next week! It ain't gonna happen! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

OK!

Can we mention NK here without certain frustrated snow bunnies having a hissy fit? :D

Should I call for the Sponge?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,620 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    high pressure, seriously getting really annoying now.:mad:

also, mother nature, make up your mind.:mad:

i just need snow now.

So you've seen the latter stages of tonights ECM - grim indeed:(

• Advertisement

Birdnuts wrote: »
    So you've seen the latter stages of tonights ECM - grim indeed:(

What the heck is the ECM? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Wild Bill wrote: »
    What the heck is the ECM? :confused:

European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasts: (ECMWF) though we often just use ECM instead (because it is less effort to type)

http://www.ecmwf.int/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

Snowing cats and dogs here in whistler village at the moment :D
    can't post a pic from my phone-might try with wifi later.

blackius wrote: »
    Snowing cats and dogs here in whistler village at the moment :D
    can't post a pic from my phone-might try with wifi later.

Where is that? Donegal? ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

ME have just put the SNOW word all over the Northern half of the country for the latter parts of Monday/Tuesday.

That should well and truly scare it away for a while :D

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Ahem, Bless me boardsies .. it has been at least 2 weeks since my last confession...

I have had uncharitable thoughts about several long range weather forecasters on this site that appear to dash my hopes for a good fall of snow. For this I am sorry but cannot give any guarantees that it won't happen again. Please consider them warned..

I have missed out at least 2 days of snow dancing and I am truly sorry about this... I have no excuse, well none that Iancar will accept anyway I am sure. :p

For these and all my sins I am mostly, well nearly, sorry and promise to be a better Eskimocat who is accepting of all attempts at forecasts no matter how miserable they make me... glup...sigh

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

The curse of Sponge Bob has descended on Russia.

Who has stolen winter from Saint Petersburg?

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

It never snows in this country. I don't even remember the last time I saw snow. If it was going to snow though, I bet Met Eireann wouldn't even see it coming. What are we paying them for. How much are we paying them? Tax payers money. The banks! Etc.

Sorry - should bring my ranting on topic. I love snow and the belting we got last year could nearly make you believe that it's how winters normally are here. However, windy rainy crap with a few frosty mornings thrown in are what we should expect.

Still, I believe that we will get a little fix, a little shot, a little reminder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I'm just home from the pheonix park where I paid some woman €20 to throw white confetti at me... I feel so dirty :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tomcosgrave

Hi my name is Tom and I stare at lamposts too much when it's dark!

Advertisement