Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UCC Registration Fee query

• 19-08-2014 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm an incoming First Year, and new to the fees system. I am a SUSI applicant, and I also qualify for the Free (Tuition) Fees Scheme. However, at Registration Part 1, UCC are charging me the Student Contribution, Tuition Fee and Capitation Fee, which totals to €7,430. Is anyone else, who qualify for Free Fees, getting the same message on their Fee Statement?

I would appreciate if anyone can enlighten me on this, as I'm starting to get worried I'm the lone wolf.

I rang the Fees Office a few days ago and they still haven't gotten back to me like they said they would..

(EDIT: I am a deferred applicant, so I received Registration emails a week or two earlier.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Just pay the capitation fee (think it is 155, may have went up this year) and ignore that, it happens to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Government pays rest of fees !!! You only pay registration and capitation . You don't pay full amount .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Corkgirl95

Luno wrote: »
    Just pay the capitation fee (think it is 155, may have went up this year) and ignore that, it happens to everyone.

Thanks very much. And it's €165 this year, for those who are wondering.
    EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Government pays rest of fees !!! You only pay registration and capitation . You don't pay full amount .

Yes, I know that, thanks. Was just a bit worried and confused as to why they put the wrong amount under "Outstanding Balance". And the fees office person I spoke to on the phone couldn't really give me a straight answer either.
    But I know I can ignore the rest now and just pay capitation. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

The fee shows as outstanding until the funding is received. Just pay €165 if SUSI is paying your student contribution fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Corkgirl95 wrote: »
    Thanks very much. And it's €165 this year, for those who are wondering.

Yes, I know that, thanks. Was just a bit worried and confused as to why they put the wrong amount under "Outstanding Balance". And the fees office person I spoke to on the phone couldn't really give me a straight answer either.
    But I know I can ignore the rest now and just pay capitation. :)
    Np. I got a shock when I saw it too .

• Advertisement

The fee shows as outstanding until the funding is received.

Ohh, I see. Thank you for that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MissDaytona

Phew, so glad I found this thread, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the outstanding balance!

Phew, so glad I found this thread, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the outstanding balance!

Yeah, everyone I asked in my class got the same outstanding balance too! Weird. It's causing a lot of freshers (and their parents) some unnecessary worry. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MissDaytona

Corkgirl95 wrote: »
    Yeah, everyone I asked in my class got the same outstanding balance too! Weird. It's causing a lot of freshers (and their parents) some unnecessary worry. :/

I talked to a friend about it and she told me she'd gotten an email from SUSI back in July telling her not to worry about seeing an outstanding balance, because they pay the universities the remaining amount in late Sept/early Oct. Would've been great if they sent those emails out to everyone to avoid all the worry!

Advertisement