Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing On Ice 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Posy wrote: »
    On SCD, I would be rooting as much for the professional as for the celeb.. on DOI, I barely know any of their names.. it's all just about Torvill and Dean- it's like there's not room for anyone else to build up a fanbase.

I love Robin Cousins though.. if you ever youtube him, you'll see some amazing performances!! :eek:

It really annoys me that its all about Torvill and Dean. When you see the professional dancers together, they are brilliant and can do some really great lifts and throws etc. However when Torvill and Dean come on the ice its all about seeing how many male dancers can lift Jane up, and the dance gets boring!!!!
    Wish we could see more professional dances, with just the professionals like in strictly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cant wait to see it tonight, I hope Matthew dances better than he did last week, and Jorgi does more tricks :D I think this season its a 3 person race, Jorgi, Matthew and Chico :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

pure ****e this year. wrong panel & Bleakley.

won't be watching

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LoadofCROC

Can anyone tell me what version of Lady Gaga's The Edge of Glory was used in show 1 Grand Opening dance???? Please...I cannot find the version name anywhere!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Here we go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Corey has to go, so uncomfortable watching him, and especially against Chemmy thank god she picked it up this week! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Corey is an idiot!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I've a feeling he is in trouble this week when it comes to the public voting!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I think it would be better for him if he went tonight.

Aw Torvill & dean are just fab skaters, love watching them :)
    No pressure on the next few couples coming up :p

• Advertisement

Torvill and Dean superb again - was great to watch!

This face off thing is really interesting to watch!

Here comes the duel of the night!

Both couples were brilliant! definite finalists, unless something crazy happens! :D

outstanding!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That was frickin deadly!!! Could watch the two couples all night.

Plus they are hot! Think I've a girl-crush on Jorgie, she's just lovely! and a proper crush on Matthew :D

They should have left Jorgie and Matthews duel till the end, would be a fantastic way to finish a show

Wow, If Rosemary Conley is looking fantastic for 65 years old!

Agree about leaving Matthew and Jorgie till last... but think Matthew was last his 1st week, so they prob had to keep it fair, cos apparently that's the best chance of getting thru in the votes!

Loved Matthew this week, Andy and Chemmy really improved this week. Cant wait to see Jorgi now :)

Can't really agree with Kat giving Rosemary a 7, and Matthew only a 6! I know he's set a high standard, but he was still fab :)

• Advertisement

Matthew should have got a 10 but he was fabulous, Jorgi was brill aswell :D I think Sam, Andy and Heidi might be in danger tonight :o

Tough challenge tonight - 23 step challenge - two going from tonight!

Can't believe he missed up that badly!

Poor Sebastian

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I felt so bad for him. Terrible to go like that as well, everyone would rather go out on a high, not after messing up so badly. :(:(

Scary having to do the skate off alone though, my heart went out to them all! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I feel so sorry for Sebastian. It must have felt like an eternity out on the ice after he forgot the steps. Apart from Heidi the wrong people were in the skate off in the first place. Sam, Andy and Jen are all weaker skaters than Chemmy or Seb. What an awful way to leave:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I got a little choked up when Sebastian started crying :o He's always come across as this cocky, over confident man, with no fear, and to see him get so emotional about it all was quite touching!

tinyk68 wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for Sebastian.
    And as Robin said, they don't know enough skating to just improvise something- and there was no partner to guide him. The rink looked like a very lonely place during his skate off. :(
    I was terrified someone would have a bad fall without their pros being there!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Golly, that was hard luck on Sebastién.... I wonder do the choreographers take any responsibility for giving him a ****-hard routine, which landed him (undeservedly IMO) in the bottom three, whereas the others got a relatively easier ride?

Sebastién gone, Andy still in.... something ain't right there.....

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Golly, that was hard luck on Sebastién.... I wonder do the choreographers take any responsibility for giving him a ****-hard routine, which landed him (undeservedly IMO) in the bottom three, whereas the others got a relatively easier ride?

Sebastién gone, Andy still in.... something ain't right there.....
    I still think it's silly that Torvill and Dean do the choreography.
    Their partner should do it, like in 'Strictly', after all they know their celebrity's abilities.

• Advertisement

Delighted Jennifer got a great score but Andy's routine was crap, give him a better routine and he would get much better results. Matthew did it for me again :D Bring on Chico :D

Advertisement