Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

UDC v Sligo
    Sligo & over 2.5 goals 6/5 looks a nice bet tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

as much as it hurts me i can't see sligo not winning the league this year, i know its very early days but there isn't another team that can match them for consistency, so i'm considering putting a bit on sligo at evens, someone please talk me out of it :)

They're 2/1 on William Hill!

Philly_C wrote: »
    They're 2/1 on William Hill!

that was last week

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Philly_C wrote: »
    Oh right. I was just going by this.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/other/ireland/premier-league/ireland-fai-premier-division/winner[/QUOTE]

hasnt been updated since last sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Didn't get to post my bets on here yesterday, bookies know nothing about non-League sides, Phoenix were priced at 11/8, unreal! In the middle of my write up for tomorrow, will post in due course.

Derry City –v- Bray Wanderers- 3pm

Bray are without experienced goalkeeper and their goalkeeping coach Darren Quigley who is suspended for this match with Sean Holmes (19 year old) stepping in. This is a HUGE loss for Bray.

Derry could be near full strength, Patterson is doubtful but Derry should have enough to replace him.

Derry are unbeaten this season, while notching up 12 goals in their first 4 games. While Bray have just one win against their name which was against 10 man Shelbourne (a side Derry beat 4-0 on Friday).

Bray have recorded just one win at the Brandywell in 28 meetings between the sides in all competitions, that win was in 2002.

Derry are unbeaten in last eleven League meetings between the sides.

Derry -1 Asian @ Evens (Bet365) LARGE STAKE.

UCD –v- Sligo Rovers – 7.45pm

Bottom –v- Top

Only one new injured concern for Sligo with defender Conneely out, while UCD could be missing up to 3 defenders (2 being first teamers) from their small squad.

Sligo are 5 wins out of 5 in the League so far, and show no sign of stopping that winning streak. Between last season and so far this season Sligo have lost just once in that time (that being against Shamrock Rovers when Sligo had the League already won), they’re unreal at home!

Not much else to add apart from, Sligo are quality, and that’s without Danny North, they’re only going to get better.

Sligo -1 European Handicap @ 6/5 (Stan James) LARGE STAKE
    Sligo -2 Asian @ 2/1 (Bet365) MEDIUM STAKE

Worth keeping an eye on Drogheda –v- Cork at 3pm inplay, Cork played in Dublin on Friday and probably didn’t get home till 2am and now have to travel to Drogheda Monday morning, can’t see recovery being great for them with all the travelling.

Bit of wrong info on Derry and them being unbeaten, they lost to Sligo first game of the season. Thought it was Setanta Cup when I was looking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Derry City –v- Bray Wanderers- 3pm

Bray are without experienced goalkeeper and their goalkeeping coach Darren Quigley who is suspended for this match with Sean Holmes (19 year old) stepping in. This is a HUGE loss for Bray.

Derry could be near full strength, Patterson is doubtful but Derry should have enough to replace him.

Derry are unbeaten this season, while notching up 12 goals in their first 4 games. While Bray have just one win against their name which was against 10 man Shelbourne (a side Derry beat 4-0 on Friday).

Bray have recorded just one win at the Brandywell in 28 meetings between the sides in all competitions, that win was in 2002.

Derry are unbeaten in last eleven League meetings between the sides.

UCD –v- Sligo Rovers – 7.45pm

Bottom –v- Top

Only one new injured concern for Sligo with defender Conneely out, while UCD could be missing up to 3 defenders (2 being first teamers) from their small squad.

Sligo are 5 wins out of 5 in the League so far, and show no sign of stopping that winning streak. Between last season and so far this season Sligo have lost just once in that time (that being against Shamrock Rovers when Sligo had the League already won), they’re unreal at home!

Not much else to add apart from, Sligo are quality, and that’s without Danny North, they’re only going to get better.

Worth keeping an eye on Drogheda –v- Cork at 3pm inplay, Cork played in Dublin on Friday and probably didn’t get home till 2am and now have to travel to Drogheda Monday morning, can’t see recovery being great for them with all the travelling.

Top notch fella - again!!

(Apparently bookies have stopped taking bets on shels ever finishing with 11 though:) )

:D:D

Too f**king easy! Pity the Shels -v- Bohs match killed me inside!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

:D:D

Too f**king easy! Pity the Shels -v- Bohs match killed me inside!
    Good man Gavin, keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Weekend of 5th/6th April:

* All prices are with Powers so you may get better elsewhere

Sligo Rovers -1 V Shelbourne (5/6)

Sligo Rovers -1 at home to Shelbourne is 5/6 is far too big IMO.

Sligo are flying at the top of the league with 6 wins from 6, averaging 2.5 goals a game and have only conceded 2 goals in 6 games.

Shelbourne meanwhile lie second from bottom having scored only 1 goal in 5 games, conceding 9.

Sligo -1 handicap is my bet. A small nibble on -2 at 23/10 may tempt some too.

Waterford V Athlone (Athlone and Draw 4/6)

Waterford have been in awful form to start the campaign after kicking off as one of the favourites for promotion. They've lost 3 on the spin including a derby loss to a poor Wexford side last weekend. Level on points with bottom of the table Salthill, they're probably one bad result away from the manager being sacked.

Athlone meanwhile have begun the season with 3 draws and a win in the league. They're not a team that will win a whole lot of games but they won't lose a lot either and Collins has them tough to beat in that division. Ryan Coombes on loan from St Pats has scored 3 in 3 and is in great form.

I think if Athlone are able to keep this tight for 20-30 minutes (which their results thus far has indicated they can do) then the Waterford crowd will turn and get on the backs of the manager and team.

I'll take Athlone and the draw at 4/6.

Finn Harps (7/10) V Wexford Youths:

Finn Harps have started the season unbeaten with 2 home wins and 2 away draws from 4 games. They've also scored 5 and conceded 1 in those 2 home wins.

Youths have had two wins on the bounce but in my opinion they are quite misleading as both have come against struggling teams (Waterford and Salthill) while they've been battered against Cobh and beaten comfortably by Athlone.

It's a very long trip to Donegal and hard to be in 100% condition to play a game after being stuck on transport for that long.

I like Harps at 7/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Just looking on marathon website they have over 2.5 in Sligo match @ 1.77 but they have Sligo to win and over 2.5 @ 1.76 lol Sligo are that good you lose .01 for them winning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

That Harps bet could be a lump

Allegations of match fixing involving a Longford player

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83960927#post83960927

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

He didn't do anything.

Like these this week
    Derry City @2 (3u) Finn Harps @1.66 (3u) Cobh Ramblers @2.3 (2u)
    Mervue DC@2.25 (1u)

Harps were 1.8 on betfair last night, don't tell me I've missed the boat here

Double
    Cork goals over 1.5 1/2
    Finn Harps 4/6

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Over 2.5 goals in Cobh Salthill game tomorrow at 4/5 or if you want to go for it over 3.5 at 2/1.
    Of the 4 Cobh games 3 have covered over 2.5 goals and over 3.5 goals
    Of the 4 Salthill games all 4 have covered the over 2.5 and 2 of the 4 have covered the over 3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

F.J. wrote: »
    Over 2.5 goals in Cobh Salthill game tomorrow at 4/5 or if you want to go for it over 3.5 at 2/1.
    Of the 4 Cobh games 3 have covered over 2.5 goals and over 3.5 goals
    Of the 4 Salthill games all 4 have covered the over 2.5 and 2 of the 4 have covered the over 3.5

thats almost like code for a 0-0 :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Derry City -1 @ 3/1
    St. Pat's @ 4/5
    Sligo -1 @ 5/6

Bet €10 to win €132.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Have gone for Cobh, Harps, Waterford and Derry games all to have over 2.5 goals in them.

Also gonna take Harps-1 @ 21/10.

As for the other games I'm not quite sure who to do.

Harps have McCarron out and McGowan is a doubt. Apparently McHugh as well but not 100% on that. Still think we have enough experience and squad depth to get a result against Wexford and the lads are very determined this year.

Cork City -v- UCD - 7.45pm

No major injury concerns from either side that are new, Cork have 2 doubts but their squad is strong enough to cope.

Cork City haven't started great so far this season but at home against UCD it should be a walkover! UCD's only point this season was 2-2 draw against a 10 men Bray Wanderers. An average of 3 goals conceded a match so far this season (18 goals in 6 matches) for UCD.

UCD have not won at Turner’s Cross since January 2003

UCD have kept one clean sheet in their last ten games against Cork City and have conceded 18 times. Cork have kept four clean sheets in the same period conceding nine.

Cork City - 1 Asian @ 3/5 (Bet365) LARGE STAKE
    Cork City -1 Normal @ 11/10 (General) MEDIUM STAKE

Finn Harps -v- Wexford Youths - 8pm

2 wins at home and 2 draws away so far this season for Finn Harps. Minus Wexfords win last week against a poor Waterford Utd they've had a horrible start so far this season.

This match will be similar to Finn Harps -v- Cobh in the fact that Wexford have a 10 hour round trip, with possibly some players making their own way to the match due to work and college (trying to get info on this as we speak).

Wexford are full strength while Finn Harps are missing 1 (McCarron who has 3 goals so far)possibly another both players are first teamers but McCarron has Kevin McHugh to bang in the goals up front in his place as he already has this season on 4 occasions.

Finn Harps win @ 4/5 (Sporting Bet) LARGE STAKE
    Finn Harps -1 Asian @ 5/4 (Bet365) MEDIUM STAKE
    Finn Harps -2 Asian @ 17/4 (Bet365) SMALL STAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Biggest bet of the year on Finn harps at 4/5

Was at the Wexford v Waterford game last Friday and Wexford are not a good team and can't see them getting anything from the long trip up north

Finn harps at 4/5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Gonna go for Harps, Over 2.5 Salthill-Cobh and Over 2.5 Dundalk-Limerick at around 7s.

And taking a chance on a Harps-1 at a generous 15/8 and Cork over 2.5 team goals 13/8 double.

Sligo Rovers -1.5, 1pt 9/11 (Pinnacle)
    Bohs-Derry under 2.5 goals, 1pt 8/15 (general)
    Shamrock-Drogheda draw, 1pt 3.91 (Pinnacle)
    Dundalk-Limerick both teams to score, 1pt 19/20 (Hills)
    Finn Harps, 2pts 4/5 (general)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭salmon1

Cork City v U.C.D
    Cork City 4/11

Bohemians v Derry City
    Derry City 20/21

Bray Wanderers v St Patrick's Athletic
    St Patrick's Athletic 4/6

Finn Harps v Wexford Youths
    Finn Harps 4/6

E10 pays 74

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Double:

Finn harps -1
    Over 2.5 Dundalk vs Limerick

@6.6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Well lads, gone for the Harps -1 anyways. Got 21/10 when another bookies in town were offering 17/10

Haven't seen the Wexford bus around town yet and don't think it will be here until about 6 or after it. If i see it about i'll try get a post up about it. Long journey for them.

Gone for an accum of Harps, Cobh, Derry to win and Dundalk to draw.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

all aboard the finn harps train , i was at the wexford waterford match last week and they are pretty bad esp the defence it a bit of a hoof and see but in saying that they are a pretty fit group . as for waterford as por as wexford are waterford are just terrible i`m on harps straight win good luck to all

Advertisement