Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what the wire actors did next...

• 28-10-2008 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭BAZM8

It seems "Heroes" is where the actors from the Wire are moving to. Marlow and Bubbles have been on the latest season so far. It must be a major change of pace from the reality based script of the Wire.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Alot of them have bit parts in different series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Michael (Tristan Wilds) has a part on Beverly Hills 90210 :eek:

His story was really tragic on the Wire, same with Dukie and Randy.

It's so unfair yet true to life that Namond is the one who gets away from it all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

K4t wrote: »

It's so unfair yet true to life that Namond is the one who gets away from it all.

I dont think so. He never really wanted in. Michael did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

From the mountainous fatness of many of the characters, they've probably landed in the heart clinic or the funeral home by now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Lance Reddick is a regular in "Fringe" and had semi-frequent appeareances in "Lost".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

ixoy wrote: »
    Lance Reddick is a regular in "Fringe" and had semi-frequent appeareances in "Lost".

I also doubt that's the last we will see of him on Lost!

kearnsr wrote: »
    I dont think so. He never really wanted in. Michael did
    No, Michaell was the one who knew how important school was. Whenever Namond asked him to go on the corner, he refused. He also refused to take Marlo's money.

The only reason he got caught up in 'the game' was because he was sexually abused as a kid. I'd hardly call that 'wanting it'. Would you?

No, Michaell was the one who knew how important school was. Whenever Namond asked him to go on the corner, he refused. He also refused to take Marlo's money.

The only reason he got caught up in 'the game' was because he was sexually abused as a kid. I'd hardly call that 'wanting it'. Would you?

He didnt take Marlo's money because he didnt want to be his bitch. He knew how important school was for Bug thats still not to say he didnt end up doing what he wanted to do.

He didnt take Marlo's money or do what Namond told him to do as he was his own man. He was very independent.

Where was he sexually abused? I dont remember that.

Any ways back on topic

He didnt take Marlo's money because he didnt want to be his bitch. He knew how important school was for Bug thats still not to say he didnt end up doing what he wanted to do.

He didnt take Marlo's money or do what Namond told him to do as he was his own man. He was very independent.

Where was he sexually abused? I dont remember that.

Any ways back on topic
    It is strongly implied that Michael was sexually abused by Bug's father. Just look at Michael's distrust of adult males (he won't let Cutty touch him and won't let Cutty drive him home alone. When Prez tries to talk to him he turns on him.) He doesn't want to be in the 'game'. He realises how important education is for him and Bug like I already said.
    But then Bug's father returns and we realise the history between him and Michael. Just watch the episodes, listen to the dialogue between Michael and his mother. "People change" etc.
    Then when Snoop asks Michael what Bug's Dad did to him he stays silent and looks up at Chris. Chris realises as he himself was sexually abused as a kid. We learn this later. Anyway, it is finally known when Snoop and Chris are walking Bug's father down the alleway and Chris starts asking him if he's a paedophile.
    Then later, when Michael commits his first murder Chris says "You can look them in they eye now, no matter who they were or what they did". This implies that both Chris and Michael were vicitms of sexual abuse.

I don't think Michael wanted in the 'game'. It wasn't him, he knew it and so did Cutty. But when he asked for Marlo's help in getting Bug's father taken care of, he was theres.

It is strongly implied that Michael was sexually abused by Bug's father. Just look at Michael's distrust of adult males (he won't let Cutty touch him and won't let Cutty drive him home alone. When Prez tries to talk to him he turns on him.) He doesn't want to be in the 'game'. He realises how important education is for him and Bug like I already said.
    But then Bug's father returns and we realise the history between him and Michael. Just watch the episodes, listen to the dialogue between Michael and his mother. "People change" etc.
    Then when Snoop asks Michael what Bug's Dad did to him he stays silent and looks up at Chris. Chris realises as he himself was sexually abused as a kid. We learn this later. Anyway, it is finally known when Snoop and Chris are walking Bug's father down the alleway and Chris starts asking him if he's a paedophile.
    Then later, when Michael commits his first murder Chris says "You can look them in they eye now, no matter who they were or what they did". This implies that both Chris and Michael were vicitms of sexual abuse.

I don't think Michael wanted in the 'game'. It wasn't him, he knew it and so did Cutty. But when he asked for Marlo's help in getting Bug's father taken care of, he was theres.

back on topic. This is for another thread

• Advertisement

back on topic. This is for another thread

because he is 100% right?? :D:p

Deirdre Lovejoy-getting typecast? saw her in a few eps of Eli Stone as...an ADA! :p

tvnutz wrote: »
    because he is 100% right?? :D:p

Deirdre Lovejoy-getting typecast? saw her in a few eps of Eli Stone as...an ADA! :p

I did say it in my post before hand as well!

BAZM8 wrote: »
    It seems "Heroes" is where the actors from the Wire are moving to. Marlow and Bubbles have been on the latest season so far. It must be a major change of pace from the reality based script of the Wire.
    My brother was watching Heroes last night. Seeing a big shock of lightning or something come out of Bubbles's hand made me lol. That show is so ridiculous, it's definitely got a lot worse imho.

We should probably expect a few actors from the Wire popping up in the Law&Order series.

Dominic West (McNulty) is slated to play the villain, Jigsaw, in the December 2008 movie Punisher: War Zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Loved the way Bubbles in heroes was essentially bubbles from the wire with powers.

Robert Wisdom aka Bunny Colvin was in Supernatural this week. He played an angel that wanted to destroy a town. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Sobotka is in True blood, pretty small part though.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

Micheal K Willaims/Omar has a part in an up coming film called The Road, he also had a tiny part in the Hulk. Wendell Pierce/The Bunk will be starting in the new David Simon show Threme and i wud expect to see Lester show up in that. Hurk has a small part in Entourage to, as did Spirios he was the studio head of Warner Bros

Jay Ru wrote: »
    Micheal K Willaims/Omar has a part in an up coming film called The Road, he also had a tiny part in the Hulk. Wendell Pierce/The Bunk will be starting in the new David Simon show Threme and i wud expect to see Lester show up in that. Hurk has a small part in Entourage to, as did Spirios he was the studio head of Warner Bros

Wendell Pierce was in Numbers during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭rochie16

No one seems to have mentioned that Idris Elba is now a big-time film star

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

Yea I've seen him in "American Gangster", what else is he in? Very good actor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭rochie16

2 others I can think of are 28 weeks later and RocknRolla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 El Diablo89

Marlo is in max payne saw him on a trailer yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

Ziggy was in generation kill, he's nowhere near as annoying in generation kill though.

Aidan Gillen (Carcetti) from Drumcondra is going to be in a film called 12 Rounds coming out next year, playing (oh dear) a tarrist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Rounds_(film)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Jay Ru wrote: »
    Hurk has a small part in Entourage to, as did Spirios he was the studio head of Warner Bros

Wee-Bey/Hassan Johnson had a very small part in Entourage too.

Remember when Turtle signed that promising rapper Saigon? Wee-Bey was the guy that took him from Turtle cos they 'already had a deal'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Seth Gilliam is popping up in Law & Order: Criminal Intent for few episodes. His character's name is Detective Daniels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭ZappaFrank

Bunny Colvin was in prison break
    Bubbles was in the terminator series!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Avon Barksdale pitched up in House recently as a hostage negotiator.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 adrohan

Idris elba a.k.a stringer is in The unborn (david s goyer) and Prom night if I do recall

Advertisement