Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car Share with a dog to Hollyhead

• 19-06-2015 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Looking for a car share for a ferry ride to Hollyhead. My small dog and I would like to stay in a car for a duration of the trip. We will pay you. We're looking to travel as soon as possible.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭nompere

paulinap wrote: »
    Looking for a car share for a ferry ride to Hollyhead. My small dog and I would like to stay in a car for a duration of the trip. We will pay you. We're looking to travel as soon as possible.

Your dog will be travelling in the car or in kennels during the ferry crossing - this from the Stena website -

"Cats and dogs may travel in your car free of charge on the Irish Sea. Your pet is not allowed onto the passenger decks onboard our Central and Southern routes (Dublin Port - Holyhead & Rosslare to Fishguard) or the Belfast to Liverpool route and must remain in your vehicle."

Irish Ferries are slightly different -

"Ireland/Britain routes only: Pets are allowed to accompany passengers travelling with a car. Your pet must be taken on board the ship in your car and must remain either in your vehicle or in the kennels provided by Irish Ferries for the duration of the voyage. Your pet is not allowed on the passenger decks at any time. The kennels are situated on the car deck."

You, on the other hand, will not be allowed to stay in the car or on the car deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 paulinap

Would you not be allowed to stay in a car on one of the short 2-3h routes?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

paulinap wrote: »
    Would you not be allowed to stay in a car on one of the short 2-3h routes?

No, it's forbidden after a host of major ferry accidents. The car decks are locked and in the event of an emergency you've no way of getting to the lifeboats.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Tabnabs wrote: »
    No, it's forbidden after a host of major ferry accidents.

I think it's more to do with people potentially switching on engines to stay warm and gassing themselves or the poor sod in the car behind them, or someone having a heart attack or simply slipping on the deck and nobody spotting them until the boat docks. If there's nobody on the car decks, they don't have to pay someone to watch a CCTV camera all the way over. Nothing to do with any 'major' accidents that I'm aware of.

Advertisement