Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy/Sell books in W.I.T. thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Hey if no one takes them why not trade them in with Amazon - ok you wont get the prices you are asking for on your ads but you will get money to spend on anything on Amazon which is pretty much anything & everything

• I thought I would set up a thread for people looking to buy or sell any books for people in W.I.T.

This thread can be a handy way for new students to save some cash and for students who are finished to sell their books for some extra cash, so if you have any requests or are selling any books post.

Mods I am not sure if there is a problem with this kind of thread but if there is let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a Spanish 2nd year book, Aula International 2 if anyone has it for sale pm me please? Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

Hi,
    Looking for Mankiw and Taylor's Economics. Preferably a 2nd edition but 1st will do if it has to.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

NaNaNa1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looking for Mankiw and Taylor's Economics. Preferably a 2nd edition but 1st will do if it has to.
    Thanks!

If this is for first year Economics in Marketing or Business you really don't need this book. All of the notes you need for it will be given to you in class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭NaNaNa1

callaway92 wrote: »
    If this is for first year Economics in Marketing or Business you really don't need this book. All of the notes you need for it will be given to you in class.

Oh even better. Save myself a bit-! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Paidi28

Looking for • Freeman, Elisabeth and Eric
    Freeman. 2005. Head First HTML with
    CSS & XHTML . O'Reilly &
    Associates. 658 p. ISBN 0-596-
    10197-X

and Objects first bluejay fifth edition

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

Programming 2D Games by Charles Kelly for sale, PM on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 witlessstudent

https://www.facebook.com/witstudentsbuysell

this popped up this morning say it could become very useful to a few of yee..

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Looking for 'Essentials of System Analysis and Design' 5th edition.
    If anyone's looking to offload a copy send a pm my way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone had a textbook that could work for the 'Introduction to Management' first year module? It's not a required text but I just want to have a text of my own so I can highlight and look back and what not because I hate getting loans from the library as weird as it sounds! Because it's not required I'm not bothered looking for a brand new one but I'd love if I could get a nice price for a second hand one.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shnoo_shnoo

I have two psychology statistics books a psychology dictionary and a nursing and psychology book if anybody is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Looking for 'Essentials of System Analysis and Design' 5th edition.
    If anyone's looking to offload a copy send a pm my way!

i take it you're doing ssd or IT? if so don't bother buying any books for the first few years. you'll only be doing some modules for one semester or you'll have a different lecturer who uses different notes. it's a waste of money for something you might only get 12 weeks out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

i take it you're doing ssd or IT? if so don't bother buying any books for the first few years. you'll only be doing some modules for one semester or you'll have a different lecturer who uses different notes. it's a waste of money for something you might only get 12 weeks out of.

This is the only book we've been asked to get in fairness and it's definitely needed in class so far. I have it in PDF format but wouldn't mind getting a 'real' book if I could get it for a reasonable price.

I do get what you're saying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Jonathanod

Anyone selling an Anatomy and Physiology book for Nursing?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭abbyw1989

All €10 each, a couple are very lightly annotated. All proceeds to Deise Animal Sanctuary. I'm in WIT Monday-Friday :)

The Macroeconomy of the Eurozone - Leddin and Walsh
    Accounting, an Introduction - McLaney and Atrill
    Understanding Capitalism - Bowles, Edwards & Roosevelt
    Surgical Nursing - Manley/Bellman
    Psychiatric Nursing - Stuart & Sundeen

• Registered Users Posts: 34 grangerka

I've some Business books for sale - I can drop them off in Wexford area
    Siobhan Tiernan, Michael J. Morley, Edel Foley, Modern Management. Theory and Practice for Irish Students, Third Edition – very good condition, highlighter marks in a few chapters, €20

Gerry Johnson, Richard Whittington, Kevan Scholes, Exploring Strategy, Text & Cases, Ninth Edition – good condition, highlighter and some pencil/pen marks in most chapters, €15

Peter Doyle, Philip Stern, Marketing Management and Strategy, Fourth Edition – very good condition, highlighter marks in 2-3 chapters, €20

Adrian Palmer, Principles of Services Marketing, Fifth Edition - very good condition, highlighter marks in 2-3 chapters, €15
    New Venture creation in Ireland, Edited by Thomas Cooney and Shane Hill – like new, €10

Donal Rogan, Marketing. An Introduction for Students in Ireland, Third edition – very good condition, highlighter marks in most chapters, €10

CIMA Managerial Paper P7 Financial Accounting and Tax Principles for Nov 2008 Exam and Exams n 2009 – very good condition, highlighter marks in a couple of chapters €10

Michael Ruane, Leaving Certificate Rapid Revision Economics, Higher and Ordinary Levels - like new, €5

Keith Spencer, Daniel McCarthy, Modern Economics Leaving Certificate, Fourth Edition - quite good condition, highlighter and pencil marks in most chapters, €5

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Topic Merged

Lets try keep all the book buying / selling in here. Links to Adverts.ie are fine too.

Sure, ill make it a 'sticky' thread at the top of the forum.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I have a number of books I am looking to sell, if anybody wants them. Mostly for those doing Computer Forensics (either the course or the stream) or Applied Computing. The books are in excellent condition.
    • File System Forensic Analysis by Brian Carrier
    • Computer Security Principles and Practice by William Stallings / Lawrie Brown
    • Real Digital Forensics by Keith L Jones, Richard Bejtlich , Curtis W. Rose
    • Computer Forensics Jump Start by Michael G. Solomon, Diane Barrett, Neil Broom
    • Distributed Systems Concept and Design by George Coulouris, Jean Dolimore, Tim Kindberg

If you are interested, send me a PM or whatever. I can meet you in WIT. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 iacl

Gerry Johnson, Richard Whittington, Kevan Scholes, Exploring Strategy, Text & Cases, Ninth Edition – good condition, highlighter and some pencil/pen marks in most chapters, €15

Hey buddy i need this book ASAP . Do you still have it?

• Advertisement

iacl wrote: »

Hey buddy i need this book ASAP . Do you still have it?

Hey, I do. I'm in Wex, do you live somewhere around? I can post it on to you too.
    How would you organise payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 iacl

grangerka wrote: »
    Hey, I do. I'm in Wex, do you live somewhere around? I can post it on to you too.
    How would you organise payment?

No i dont around . I live in Birmingham . Well,i can transfer it to your bank account . How will you send it to me? Through Royal Mail ..?

But please confirm that it is the ninth edition and the book is for strategic management . And if you can easily put up a picture .

But please dont sell it elsewhere .

Thanks

iacl wrote: »
    No i dont around . I live in Birmingham . Well,i can transfer it to your bank account . How will you send it to me? Through Royal Mail ..?

But please confirm that it is the ninth edition and the book is for strategic management . And if you can easily put up a picture .

But please dont sell it elsewhere .

Thanks

Hello, I sent you an email...

I've some Business books for sale - I can drop them off in Wexford area

Siobhan Tiernan, Michael J. Morley, Edel Foley, Modern Management. Theory and Practice for Irish Students, Third Edition – very good condition, highlighter marks in a few chapters, €20

Peter Doyle, Philip Stern, Marketing Management and Strategy, Fourth Edition – very good condition, highlighter marks in 2-3 chapters, €20

Adrian Palmer, Principles of Services Marketing, Fifth Edition - very good condition, highlighter marks in 2-3 chapters, €15
    New Venture creation in Ireland, Edited by Thomas Cooney and Shane Hill – like new, €10

Donal Rogan, Marketing. An Introduction for Students in Ireland, Third edition – very good condition, highlighter marks in most chapters, €10

CIMA Managerial Paper P7 Financial Accounting and Tax Principles for Nov 2008 Exam and Exams n 2009 – very good condition, highlighter marks in a couple of chapters €10

Michael Ruane, Leaving Certificate Rapid Revision Economics, Higher and Ordinary Levels - like new, €5

Keith Spencer, Daniel McCarthy, Modern Economics Leaving Certificate, Fourth Edition - quite good condition, highlighter and pencil marks in most chapters, €5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Has anyone got a copy of Adobe CS3 classroom in a book, disk included?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

For any BBS students 2nd/3rd years

Business Maths and Statistics (6th Edition) - Andre Francis. perfect condition 25e (£52 on amazon!)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

I may need a copy of Java in Two Semesters by Quentin Charatan and Aaron Kans I think the most recent edition is 2009 if anybody is willing to sell please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

@Rainbow_brite: PM'd you.

I am looking for the following books:

Network Security Essentials
    Stallings, 4th Edition, Prentice Hall

Database Systems: A Practical Approach to Design, Implementation, and Management
    5th Ed Connolley & Begg

Information Technology for Management
    Turban and Volonino, Wiley

The Lean Startup
    Eric Ries

EDIT: Also, can somebody buy my bike so I can afford all these books :-)

Rainbow_brite already sorted, so I have Java in Two Semesters by Quentin Charatan and Aaron Kans 2009 version if anybody is looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 HobbyNobby

@Rainbow_brite: PM'd you.

I am looking for the following books:

Network Security Essentials
    Stallings, 4th Edition, Prentice Hall

Database Systems: A Practical Approach to Design, Implementation, and Management
    5th Ed Connolley & Begg

Information Technology for Management
    Turban and Volonino, Wiley

The Lean Startup
    Eric Ries

EDIT: Also, can somebody buy my bike so I can afford all these books :-)

Rainbow_brite already sorted, so I have Java in Two Semesters by Quentin Charatan and Aaron Kans 2009 version if anybody is looking for it.

Not sure if you are still looking for these but I have two of them if you still need. Let me know.

cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 edei

Hey there!

I am starting psychology in WIT on September. Is there anyone interested in selling me the books??

Thanks!

Advertisement