Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what street / e-shop management system to get?

• 07-01-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi, We have a shop in Sligo with a large amount of products and a stock management system that does the job for now. We launched a eCommerce site (Prestashop) and are already selling products, but the stock levels between the till/cash register and eCommerse database are not syncronised.

We came to a desicion of buying a new stock management system for the shop that will allow us to fully sync shop stock levels with eCommerse stock levels, all invoices etc...

Any knowledge that might be relevant to our problem would be greatly appreciated, please share whatever is on you mind.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Chrome.ie

I have worked on several E-Commerce/POS projects with www.pss.ie in the past.
    www.Nitrosell.com gives you the flexibility to process all web orders from your POS at your shop counter keeping all your stock information in one place.

You can also update and manage your webstore from your POS.

http://www.pss.ie/e-commerce/nitrosell-e-commerce/

If you need more info feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭crazyFeet

After some reading on Prestashop forum (useless) it looks like Kassanova is some sort of EPOS that might deliver, there are responses that it is quite sluggish tho... it costs 420e too, I am surprised :confused: some people use QuickBooks and buy integration tools for Presta for them to work properly together. I am really confused what to settle for as it is a very important move for us.

I had a quick look at PSS and Nitrosell. Seem ok, but can you tell me more about them as we do consider changing eCommerse if we have to. Prestashop support seems to be all over the place and very ofter out of date or in freaking french and spanish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jimout

Hello Crazyfeet. I am Jim from PSS. If you want more information about our EPOS system, Microsoft's Retail Management System (RMS) & NitroSell please contact me on 01 6296058 or send me an e-mail outlining your requirements for a system. My e-mail is jmurphy@pss.ie.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

and you can call me anytime if you want to hear from a customer of Jims. We got PSS back in march 2011 to install RMS for us and have never looked back. shame we didnt have it for the previous 4 years trading!

we are now looking at Nitrosell too for our online needs also, again, probably years too late but like all good things, they come to those who wait. Things happen when they are supposed to. ;)

Advertisement