Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths exams; Pass by compensation??

• 14-02-2012 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm in 2nd year mathematical studies arts

In my provisional results I got 55%, 31% and 36% in the three modules can i pass these two modules by compensation since overall i got 40% in the subject?? The three modules are compulsory

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Your best bet is to talk to the exams office and/or the maths department. Compensation is different for compulsory modules

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

dmkk11 wrote: »
    I'm in 2nd year mathematical studies arts

In my provisional results I got 55%, 31% and 36% in the three modules can i pass these two modules by compensation since overall i got 40% in the subject?? The three modules are compulsory

if they are compulsory they cant be passed by compensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

if they are a required module they cant be passed by compensation.

fixed yo post

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sionnachrua

Where's LeixlipRed when you need him!
    I don't think it's true in the maths dept. that you can't pass by compensation if it's a compulsory module - I'm fairly sure I know people who have! Check with the department.

Advertisement