Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone worked as a camp counselor in the US?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ollygolf

Looking at travelling to America next summer on my own to work at one of these camps for a few weeks. Any ideas or advice? I've looked at loads of different sites but where do I start?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 IceWolf7

I'm strongly considering going to the U.S to work as a camp counsellor next summer.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this and would recommend any camps? Or if I'm to go through an agency am I better to go with USIT or Camp Leaders?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Setanta1234

Hi All

Really need some info....I have worked at various summer camps when I was younger and loved it.

I have been offered a summer camp job in NYC...it's not the traditional room and board summer camp....it's a 10 week program in the city , 5 day a week. I find my own accomodation etc. I visited and loved it. They said if I can find a way of getting my own visa or a summer camp visa that they can assist with....as opposed to a full sponsership. They feel we want to hire you...want to help you but dont want to do too much work . Bc it's a camp within NYC parks department so not traditional summer camp even though it is a 10 week summer program

Most of the summer camp companies say the organisation or camp doesn't qualify etc...but there must be something someone some visa that can help...who can help. It really would be a dream come through if someone can help..please please

Is there anyone who can help me through the visa process

Thank you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnny112

Anyone thinking of going to summer camp for summer 2018, thinking of heading to the states and possibly going with usit or camp America.
    If anyone has past experiences or intend on going to camp, let me know
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sas22

I went with USIT 3 years ago and I got placed at an amazing camp in Conneticut. I have been going back ever since!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 johnny112

sas22 wrote: »
    I went with USIT 3 years ago and I got placed at an amazing camp in Conneticut. I have been going back ever since!

Hey, that's great to hear, myself and my friend are thinking of doing this, but would we be better off to go to seperate camps or try and go together, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sas22

My first year me and a friend tried to go together. We were told that it couldn't be guaranteed.It didn't work out for us ( which was a good thing) but I have had people at my camp over the years that got hired together. I guess it's just luck.

Advertisement