Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*** ALL Grinds *** Required & Offered in here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Hartyk87

hey just wondering do any of ye know where i can get grinds for cisco ccna networking fundamentals and routing concepts and protocols?

Hi im doing its year one and im in desperate need of of grinds so i would be grateful if somebody could let us know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'd love to give ye grinds but unfort I'm up walls in 4th year. Ye DNET1'ers no?

I take it ye have access to the Cisco NetAcad, cisco.netacad.net? - the material in there is very good.
    I've also got the books for CCNA if it would help anyone.

What kind of stuff are ye getting caught on?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

My friend needs grinds for Business, Maths and Stats I. do ye know anyone in the Bishopstown/Model Farm Road area who gives them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kieranbarrett

Qualified Electrician, available for Electrical Science grinds in CIT Library. Cheap rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

Qualified Electrician, available for Electrical Science grinds in CIT Library. Cheap rates.

Nice one kieran!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nightgecko

Hi, i'm looking for someone to give me accounting grinds in Cork, pm me details if u know of anyone...

(Financial Accounting 1+2, Higher Cert. Business Studies Year 1)

* I will not be able to pay more then 20/hour...

Thank you.

Regards

Michael

Nightgecko wrote: »
    Hi, i'm looking for someone to give me accounting grinds in Cork, pm me details if u know of anyone...

(Financial Accounting 1+2, Higher Cert. Business Studies Year 1)

* I will not be able to pay more then 20/hour...

Thank you.

Regards

Michael
    Try the student union site. Seems to be good few on there.

http://citsu.ie/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=76&Itemid=168

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nightgecko

Hi Webmonkey, thanks.

I saw this already and send all of them an email.

But 25-30euro/h is quite expensive in my opinion, are there no student out there who would do it for 15-20/h?

Thanks.

Michael

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭rocky2010

Hi Folks,

I 28 and went back to third level college to do a degree in sports and business in Cork.

I cant seem to get my head around ACCOUNTING..... and am miles behind everyone on this subject.

At the moment doing Trial Balances and Balances Sheets..... might as well be under the sheets in my bed asleep...ha ha

CAN ANYONE HELP?

Unless i get a handle on this module ill fail and wont get into next year?

PLEASE IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT WOULD BE OPEN TO YOU ADVICE AND HELP.

Have you considered getting grinds. There are plenty I'd imagine available on the CITSU site. Did you go to your lecturer and talk about it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭rocky2010

Yep i went to the course tutor and course director about the situation and the course tutor didnt want to know. He said he needs to focus on the other 36 who have done Accounting one last year and as i skipped that and got into year 2 well its up to me to catch up but he feels as i skipped year 1 accounting i will struggle to pass accounting.

The course director in fairness tried to help but he never done accounting himself so he said he cant find anyone suitable to give grinds. The CITSU most of the people on there list are to busy or very poor at grinds.

I also tried UCC, Griffin College, and CIT other dept like Head Of Accounting, and Business etc but cant find anyone good enough to help? Ideally i was told i would need 2-3 grinds a week. Thats like 100-120 euro a week which for a student is impossible.

So dont know mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

You should sit in on the Accounting 1 lectures if they do not clash with your second year ones. Follow the Accounting 1 class until next May and do the repeat exam for Accounting 2 in august. At the very least establish some sort of contact with the Accounting 1 class. Tell the lecturer for Accounting 2 you are just there to take the notes but will not be in a position to study them until June and July.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BBUSYR2

Maybe have a look at Cork College Grinds? They're website is now up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 briandennehy

hi how r u? im desperatly looking for grinds my exam is next week and im stuck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 citbussiness

Hi I've failed several subjects and really need to pass the because i wont get another chance a college if i don't. I was really stupid all year and went to very few classes and don't even really know what i should be studying to pass. Does anyone know where to get grinds in subjects like Business Information Tech and IT for Administrators i cant find them any where and Im starting to panic a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Hi I've failed several subjects and really need to pass the because i wont get another chance a college if i don't.

I was really stupid all year and went to very few classes and don't even really know what i should be studying to pass.

Does anyone know where to get grinds in subjects like Business Information Tech and IT for Administrators i cant find them any where and Im starting to panic a bit

http://citsu.ie/index.php?option=com_mtree&Itemid=149

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BBUSYR2

Give Patrick a call at www.collegegrindscork.ie. I have taken some grinds with them and found them very helpful. They will do one on one and group grinds and don't charge too much. They were also quite flexible and can hold some grinds during the day. Hope you get sorted. My one bit of advice is to get on and do something about it now. You still have time to get cracking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 samdod16

Hey Guys,

Im looking to get grinds in Javascript;PHP;XML and some Actionscript. The Actionscript isn't essential,more so the previous three. Or even if you know of a person/place that you could tell me about! Im pretty stuck! :(

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Have you dropped into the learning support centre on D block room 257 or 259 for enquiries they operate learning support in a broad spectrum of areas including computing subjects , it will be some 1 on 1 help if they can help you they will help you work through a problem etc it would defo be my first call.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭badgerbaiter

The learning support is greatly geared towards computing/engineering..they also have a list of people who offer grinds in various subjects.
    Just pop up n ask :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

I'm doing a level 7 degree and repeating an exam in september.

Anyone know who where I would get VB.NET / Visual Basic Grinds?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

Have you tried the Students' Union as I believe they have a database of people offering grinds. As far I'm aware it is also available on their website www.citsu.ie if you login using your student account

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭munsterman2008

Hi, I urgently need grinds for financial management. Questions like Working Capital, Investment Appraisal etc.

The exam is next Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kierancol

Hi Michael,

I'm a trainee accountant and would be willing to help you.
    PM me you info.

Kieran

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MrSpike2012

Anyone know someone who can help out with a Financial Management module in Business at third level.

The outline of the course is,

• Financial Objectives
      Strategic Planning Process, Stakeholder Anaalysis, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibilities and Ethical considerations, Objectives of Public and Not-For-Profit Organisations
    • Capital Markets
      Role and nature of international capital markets,capital market efficiency
    • Mergers and Takeovers
      Organic Vs Acquisitive Growth,City Code, Defence Mechanisms, Management Buy-Outs, Reasons for M & A activity, Due Diligence process.
    • Business Valuations
      Earnings, Cashflow and Asset valuation models
    • Preparation of Business Plan
      Cash Flow Forecasting, Projected Income Statements, Projected Balance Sheets
    • Sources of Finance
      Finance for SMEs, Venture Capital, Government support and initiatives, Working Capital Management, Inventories, Receivables, The Dividend Decision

Any help or advice would be very welcomed. E-MAIL ME IF YOU CAN.

Thank You.

Hi,

I am doing a Business Course at 4th year level in Financial Management, the outline of the course is. I understand there is a accounting side and therory side the accounting side is where most of my problem is.

• Financial Objectives
      Strategic Planning Process, Stakeholder Anaalysis, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibilities and Ethical considerations, Objectives of Public and Not-For-Profit Organisations
    • Capital Markets
      Role and nature of international capital markets,capital market efficiency
    • Mergers and Takeovers
      Organic Vs Acquisitive Growth,City Code, Defence Mechanisms, Management Buy-Outs, Reasons for M & A activity, Due Diligence process.
    • Business Valuations
      Earnings, Cashflow and Asset valuation models
    • Preparation of Business Plan
      Cash Flow Forecasting, Projected Income Statements, Projected Balance Sheets
    • Sources of Finance
      Finance for SMEs, Venture Capital, Government support and initiatives, Working Capital Management, Inventories, Receivables, The Dividend Decision

I dont know if you can help but if you can please let me know,

thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Its NOT like a theory subject, you either no how to do it or not? Just like a Profit and Loss A/C, CashFlow Forecast or Balance Sheet etc,.

Yeah, and you learn it by attending lectures/reading books that show how to do it...

Go to college and do the f*cking module. Buy accountancy for dummies. Buy a leaving certificate accounting book. Google how to do basic accounting. Pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Its NOT like a theory subject, you either no how to do it or not? Just like a Profit and Loss A/C, CashFlow Forecast or Balance Sheet etc,.

Yeah, and you learn it by attending lectures/reading books that show how to do it...

Buy accountancy for dummies. Buy a leaving certificate accounting book. Google how to do basic accounting. Pick one.

Dermighty wrote: »

Buy accountancy for dummies. Buy a leaving certificate accounting book. Google how to do basic accounting. Pick one.

I am not doing accounting although it has accounting elements the subject is called Fininical Management.... but thanx for the advice mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Sql

I posted a link at the UCC section of the forum re SQL grinds, however I thought I would ask here too, in case anyone can help me out (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056810348)

I am new to SQL and need to learn the basics as soon as possible. If anyone thinks they might be able to give me some guidance with it, please send a quick PM :o Thank you!

Advertisement