Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ladbrokes Festival Killarney - Payment Option

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭belfastlad

connie147 wrote: »
    Whats that got to do with the question you were asking?
    And what happens if/when they reach their cap? Its the same situation.

connie

so far tell me this

what have ladbrokes done for this event. nothing spectacular imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

belfastlad wrote: »
    so far tell me this

what have ladbrokes done for this event. nothing spectacular imo.

Listen, I'm not getting into a slanging match with you here, you asked a question about why the event was capped, and i answered it as best I could in a way that makes a lot of sense.
    Now you no longer have an arguement on that ground, so you're trying another avenue. I'm not rising to the bait.

Ladbrokes put up a guarantee of €250,000 for a €500 buy-in event, which was unheard of in Ireland (or possibly England) before for a live tourney with a €500 buy-in. If thats not spectacular, I dont really know what is.

Connie

Listen, I'm not getting into a slanging match with you here, you asked a question about why the event was capped, and i answered it as best I could in a way that makes a lot of sense.
    Now you no longer have an arguement on that ground, so you're trying another avenue. I'm not rising to the bait.

Ladbrokes put up a guarantee of €250,000 for a €500 buy-in event, which was unheard of in Ireland (or possibly England) before for a live tourney with a €500 buy-in. If thats not spectacular, I dont really know what is.

Connie

well it was a very 'safe' guarantee if you ask me

anyway your right connie sorry for getting on your nerves. i have a thing with ladbrokes betting shops. lets just say they have shafted me a few times

belfastlad wrote: »
    well it was a very 'safe' guarantee if you ask me

anyway your right connie sorry for getting on your nerves. i have a thing with ladbrokes betting shops. lets just say they have shafted me a few times

No way could one say it was a "very safe" guarantee. I had people in the "know" tell me we were crazy when they first heard it! But now that its snowballing, it looks like it was easy. And until the numbers come in, theres still a lot of work to do. The term "never count your chickens" etc etc comes to mind.
    Theres no harm in healthy discussion. Your not getting on my nerves, I have no probs with answering questions, and I do believe capping the tourney was the correct way to go for Ladbrokes, as its the quality of the tournament their interested in, not quantity. If it sells out, its still gonna be a pretty huge field.

Look forward to meeting up with you sometime,

Connie

No way could one sat it was a "very safe" guarantee. I had people in the "know" tell me we were crazy when they first heard it! But now that its snowballing, it looks like it was easy. And until the numbers come in, theres still a lot of work to do. The term "never count your chickens" etc etc comes to mind.
    Theres no harm in healthy discussion. Your not getting on my nerves, I have no probs with answering questions, and I do believe capping the tourney was the correct way to go for Ladbrokes, as its the quality of the tournament their interested in, not quantity. If it sells out, its still gonna be a pretty huge field.

Look forward to meeting up with you sometime,

Connie

i look foward to meeting you to. you seem to be very knowledgeable when it comes to organising stuff to do with poker etc and im not being sarcastic just so you know. ill levae it at that. all the best and i will be there for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

when is this on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

Hey Neil,

Just wondering if you could send on confirmation of payment.

Thanks,

Caroline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

cacio wrote: »
    Hey Neil,

Just wondering if you could send on confirmation of payment.

Thanks,

Caroline

Hi Caroline,

Im in spain till weds but will email u the receipt weds night ,

Can u confirm the sat dates for Galway if u have them ill call u weds night .

Neill

when is this on?

Hi Joe,
    There's another thread in the tourney forum with all the details of the event, but I dont know how to link to it!!
    The ME is on Fri, Sat, Sun, October 3rd, 4th and 5th, with the super satt on Thurs 2nd.

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Hi Joe,
    There's another thread in the tourney forum with all the details of the event, but I dont know how to link to it!!
    The ME is on Fri, Sat, Sun, October 3rd, 4th and 5th, with the super satt on Thurs 2nd.

Connie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055330290

im having a slow day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Nice story, I just got 75$ back into my account from Ladbrokers from the original 850$ payment thank to changes in the exchange rates :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Xiang Xiang

is it possible to pre register into the mega satellite?

if i send money for the event and registration into the satellite, and then win a seat in the satellite, do i get a refund of the main event entry fee?

Xiang Xiang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭cacio

Hi Caroline,

Im in spain till weds but will email u the receipt weds night ,

Can u confirm the sat dates for Galway if u have them ill call u weds night .

Neill

No problem. Thanks.

I've just set up a thread about our satellite. It's on Friday 19th.

Caroline

is it possible to pre register into the mega satellite?

if i send money for the event and registration into the satellite, and then win a seat in the satellite, do i get a refund of the main event entry fee?

Xiang Xiang

You will of course get the value of your ticket should you win a ticket in a sattellite and have already purchased a ticket.
    If you want to pre-register for the super-satt, you can do so if you like (but not on-line), but theres no real need to pre-register for the super satt. You can do that on the night.

Connie

Ok guys gettin a good few in now for this through offline . Please make sure to guarantee your seat early . THIS WILL SELL OUT

Neill

Please note the Cut off for cheques is Weds 24th

All cheques Recieved after this date will not be accepted as all chaques must be in to be cleared

Neill

Bump .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Xiang Xiang

NIALL
    IS THERE AN AGE RESTRICTION TO PLAY THIS TOURNAMENT?

Xiang

NIALL
    IS THERE AN AGE RESTRICTION TO PLAY THIS TOURNAMENT?

Xiang

In what way? Players must be 18

THIS PAYMENT OPTION IS NOW CLOSED ANY CHEQUES SENT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FROM HERE ON IN . ONLY CLUBS THAT HAVE REGISTERRED SEATS CHEQUES WILL BE ACCEPTED CLOSING DATE FOR CLUBS IS WEDS 24TH SEPTEMBER

PAYMENT IS ONLY THROUGH LADBROKES NOW

REGARDS

NEILL K

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD OR TAKE IT DOWN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Neil I cant seem to launch Ladbrokes on my laptop. I ve tried to turn off Anti virus etc but software still wont launch. I dont want to miss out on my seat for ME.

Jay

Jayminator wrote: »
    Neil I cant seem to launch Ladbrokes on my laptop. I ve tried to turn off Anti virus etc but software still wont launch. I dont want to miss out on my seat for ME.

Jay

Pm sent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement