Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Predictions Thread 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Lor1963

Is Irish history not guaranteed in section 6?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pidge96

Social change and 20th century international relations are the only surefire things... and even at that sometimes social change doesn't come up

But Irish history has come up every year since like 1998???

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IceCreamGirl

can anyone tell me for HL geography what case study should i learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

Just wondering what your teachers are expecting to come up in the long questions??? What topics are ye revising at the min? tanx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

can anyone tell me for HL geography what case study should i learn?

There's a good few tbh.Learn them all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Predictions for PEOPLE IN HISTORY ACCOUNTS?????

Is Irish history guaranteed or not? :eek: I was told it was and I know the whole section inside out as well as the International relations! I was only learning them too for section 6 because I was sure they'd be there and they can't really ask anything too absurd???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Lor1963 wrote: »
    Is Irish history guaranteed or not? :eek: I was told it was and I know the whole section inside out as well as the International relations! I was only learning them too for section 6 because I was sure they'd be there and they can't really ask anything too absurd???? :confused:

It'll be there as 6C - there hasn't been a single year (at least as far as my exam papers went back...which was 1997 I think) that it wasn't 6C. So don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 niamhmc13

age of exploration came out in the mocks so i dont think it will come out in the junior cert

Remember that the companies that generate the Mock papers try to predict what will come up based on how long it's been since it last did.
    Explorations hasn't come up in Question 6 since 2003, and likewise, the Reformation hasn't come up in Question 5 since 2007.

I think they're both likely to come up this year. Or I hope, rather. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

My teacher hasnt given us any hints or tips yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xfabgalx

Em, I think my teacher said something about the heart maybe for L.Q. It hasn't come up in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

I've heard from several teachers that q5 they'd bet on reformation or revolutions. The pres also guessed this! PLEASE NOTE: people are saying oh it came up in the pres.. The ores are made by an independent company. They guess what will come up and have absolutely zero influence on the actual junior cert which was made months ago,

Also in q6 age of explorations is highly recommended. I actually attended a recent meeting where teachers strongly suggested their students studying a serf on a medieval manor! :) hope I've helped message for anything else. I teach history and maths!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Caca_Cais

Leinsterr wrote: »
    Predictions for PEOPLE IN HISTORY ACCOUNTS?????

yeah im like 60% certain the lord and lady is on it
    and probs something from renassine
    question 5 sources is most likey the reformation:)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

any home ec hints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 niamhmc13

Anyone have any idea of what kind of personal-type essays might come up?

what accounts for history should i learn?
    e.g. accounts for battle of britain, operation barbarossa, etc etc.
    please give me accounts to learn off
    i dont know any accounts :s

Geography:
    River Processes and Landforms
    can any one please recommend me which one i should study?
    please do not say all. lol :P

Definitions of source, tributary, confluence, mouth, estuary, basin, watershed

River processes of erosion (hydraulic action, abrasion,attrition,solution)

River transportation (suspension,saltation,traction,solution)

Features of a young valley and a formation
    Features of a mature valley and a formation
    Features of an old valley and a formation

Dams
    Floods
    Advantages of river valleys to people

My business teacher told us that the minister for education released a statement in September saying that this years JC would be very unpredictable as the papers are getting too predictable! The papers were done in October so just letting yis all no! I doubt the heart wil come up as a L.Q because it came up in the mocks for a home ec class in my year? :)

any predictions for french letter/postcard/notes? please?

• Advertisement

My business teacher told us that the minister for education released a statement in September saying that this years JC would be very unpredictable as the papers are getting too predictable! The papers were done in October so just letting yis all no! I doubt the heart wil come up as a L.Q because it came up in the mocks for a home ec class in my year? :)

I think that was about the LC :D

any predictions on HL business ? :D

any predictions on HL business ? :D

Ratios and assessing a business is due up :) profit and loss,business documents,the ledger question and the household budget come up every year :D

Lor1963 wrote: »
    Ratios and assessing a business is due up :) profit and loss,business documents,the ledger question and the household budget come up every year :D

thanks a mil :)
    any more particular topic i should concentrate on?

If you're going to try to predict anything, don't take what came up in mock papers into account. If a question came up in a mock, that does not under any circumstance reduce its chance of appearing in the actual paper. The mocks are made by completely separate entities - by businesses looking to make a profit.

Your best bet would be not to predict at all, of course, but meh, the Junior Cert isn't the most unpredictable exam out there I suppose. I still don't think predicting will make any difference whatsoever to your final grade though.

okay :)

but i only started studying today and i guess concentrating more on the predicted topics will save my time from studying everything

How long should the 10/12 mark accounts be for history?

Lor 1963 ( We have the same name :L:L)

My teacher always says 20 marks 20 facts, 10 marks 10 facts etc :)

Your teacher's telling you to write too much >.> You generally need 8 relevant facts for 20 marks, and 4 for 10 marks.

Obviously it's not going to get you less marks if you write more, but when it comes to timekeeping, writing much more than necessary will probably count against you.

• Advertisement

Contribution of Portuguese explorers to the Age of Exploration

-led the way in terms of exploration
    -Prince Henry the Navigator set up school to train sailors at Sagres
    -he encouraged development of new equipment and map-making
    -explorers such as Vasco da Gama and Bartholomew Dias explored the coast of Africa, establishing a new sea route to India.

will i get full marks (10m) for that account?

Advertisement