Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Yep it is pretty much a bucket Cyning & I am sure the person who originally designed it started with a bucket :)
    However the majority of babies seem to love them & enjoy baths rather than hating them! The water stays warm due to the small surface area & baby is fully covered in warm water rather than having wet skin exposed to getting chilly. By all accounts it feels like being back in the snug space of the womb which relaxes baby...although my little one is trying to kick her way out already so not sure how she will feel about being back in a confined space.
    We are def going to give it a go :) I also like the reviews by people saying that it was a quick & easy solution for a quick bath after those disaster nappies rather than having to fill a standard baby bath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Is anyone else crazy hot all the time?? I can't sleep I'm so warm,everyone else does be freezing in the house and telling me to light the fire but I'm too hot!! Ds3 does be sweating when he comes into is in bed coz he's lying beside me,and im there wide awake with no blankets on and can't sleep with the heat

Yes, me too!!!! I'm normally the coldest person but they're giving out to me in work for constantly opening windows or turning off the horrible air sucking heaters that we have in the office.
    I'm waking in the middle of the night to throw off the duvet, normally it's to get closer to himself for the body heat!

Our house gets ridic warm too, so I'm worried about babys room getting too warm. I think it's getting to be difficult to regulate the temperature in the room. It gets the full blast of the morning sun and if the rads r on it gets very warm. My niece got an awful dose after sleeping in that room one night coz she woke up dripping with sweat. Hopefully a blackout blind will Eliminate some of the heat from the sun, and I might just turn that radiator off altogether and set up an electric heater on a timer just to come on in the evenings or something. I'm going to put a thermometer in the room so I can keep an eye on the temperature over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

i need to stop reading quickly on my phone.
    i was sure everyone is talking about the bucket for dipers that's reduce bad smells!

i was sure everyone is talking about the bucket for dipers that's reduce bad smells!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Saurelin wrote: »
    Ha ha
    www.tummytub.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

We bought the bucket and the stool - the stool made me feel better about buying the bucket, if you know what I mean.

It can be used as a step when babs gets older and needs a leg up to things, as well as a handy seat.

Plus (and this was the big thing for us as hubby is 6'6") it raises the bucket up a good bit, so we won't be hurting our backs.

I am also warm, but I have the oppposite worry to you Kildareash, I'm worried she'll be too cold! Her room is northfacing, so gets no sun whatsoever, and our radiators are really bad (they only get hot along the top two inches, the rest stay cold). I should proabbly look to get that fixed before she makes an entrance!

More mums have told me they are rubbish than worthwhile esp as baby moves on to solids & nappies become smellier the bin can't handle it :)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »

More mums have told me they are rubbish than worthwhile esp as baby moves on to solids & nappies become smellier the bin can't handle it :)
    its more for my poor hubby then me ;-)
    my friend loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I'll prob get a tummy tub too to try. They seem to be the new big thing..

My little one's room from freezing cause that room was never used but luckily my oh is a plumber so he put it a bigger rad!!

had the worst pain in my chest for about 2 hours this morning. Think it was either bad indigestion(but all i ate was toast) or baby got a foot stuck in a rib!!

javagal wrote: »
    had the worst pain in my chest for about 2 hours this morning. Think it was either bad indigestion(but all i ate was toast) or baby got a foot stuck in a rib!!
    I had that before, but it was just my bra was too tight.
    Really need to buy some more bras. On expose last night the girl said not to wear underwire ones, but won't my huge knickers be very heavy without support??
    And I get very nippily really easy so I need plenty padding.

• Advertisement

On the boob subject. Everyone elses nips HUGE and brown??

I'm also thinking this is permanent yeah?

On the boob subject. Everyone elses nips HUGE and brown??

I'm also thinking this is permanent yeah?
    My nipples went back to the normal colour after having my first.
    But the nipples are very...big and potruding.. Which is why I always have to wear padded now.
    Hubby calls them wheel studs.

silly wrote: »
    I had that before, but it was just my bra was too tight.
    Really need to buy some more bras. On expose last night the girl said not to wear underwire ones, but won't my huge knickers be very heavy without support??
    And I get very nippily really easy so I need plenty padding.

I have two maternity bras (not nursing bras) that I got from debenhams and they are both comfy & supportive :) wearing an underwire can both jab your belly as it gets bigger but can also block your milk ducts (even while pregnant) which can cause pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Kash wrote: »
    +1 for a Twilight Marathon, I just got the latest movie yesterday.
    Of course, hubby hates it, but he indulges me.

He is deperate to feel the baby kick, but either he's not fast enough, or she doesn't kick strongly enough for him to feel it, so he's a bit disappointed.

I felt so dizzy yesterday, and my heart rate is really high. But the doctor said it is normal, so I guess I just have to trust him. Today, all I want to do is go back to bed!

I got the new twilight movie, OH conveniently came up with an excuse not to watch it that evening :rolleyes: ah can't blame him. He's also getting a bit downhearted not being able to feel kicks. It's literally just timing as I was at home alone last night and got a couple of wallops on my hand. They really do get stronger and stronger don't they.

Re heart rate & dizziness, does anyone sort of see their field of vision pulsating with their pulse, I have this almost constantly and it's really really weird. Feel like I can feel my pulse through my entire body.

I don't think I can wear non-underwire. My boobs are now a 36 E but aside from that they are extremely heavy (and yes I've the big brown nipples now, gone are my dainty pink ones :o).

I have two non-wired nursing bras from H&M for sleeping, but they were 34D and they have just gotten so uncomfortable that I've abandoned them. I really really don't want my boobs to get saggy. If I'm honest, I'm more worried re this than stretch marks etc. I've always had sizeable jugs and they're not the perkiest so I can just see myself being able to swing them over my shoulder in a few months time :mad:

I think that tummy tub looks good. Are they really pricey?

Listen, anyone know a place for decently priced maternity jeans (over the bump ones)?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Re the tummy tub - I have one that my sister in law gave me. Her little girl hated being washed until they borrowed a tummy tub from a friend and she said that the difference was unbelievable and instant! Sister in law is very practical and wouldn't be bothered with any sort of gimmicky stuff so I believe that it does what it's supposed to.

Mink - I got lovely over the bump maternity jeans in new look for 18euro. I also got a pair in next for 38euro and I don't feel half as comfortable. I'm going to get another pair in the next few weeks. Really recommend them. I'm still pretty much wearing my own tops though as I have several that are flowy and still fit so saving the maternity ones for when I need them ;-)

Started to pick up bits for the baby bag in case she does make an early appearance. Cannot believe the size of some of the little clothes. So adorable!

Mink I have those new look jeans that Mamaheidi mentioned too.
    They are over the bump and soooo comfy. At €18 they are really really good. They are the only maternity jeans I have, I wear then on Saturdays and Sunday's. They are a lovely dark denim.

I also got 3 of these : http://www.naoimi.com/product_detail.asp?prodId=S60001004&catId=33&key=&fr=0

I got 2 black and one white. They are great for comfort. They keep my bump nice and compact. They are handy for under tops for more support. They definatley keep my growing boobs intact and they feel well supported. They can be used for breastfeeding afterwards too as they are stretchy.
    They kinda hold in all the bits that shouldn't be hanging out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

+1 for the New Look over bump jeans - they're lovely, and cheap to boot.

I bought one wireless bra, but my knockers were 34FF/36F to begin with, so there's no chance of me finding bigger ones in the shops - I ordered from Bravissimo.

I was a little bit worried about support but to be honest, it's grand.
    Shape is a bit odd though :)

Mink has he tried lying beside you with his head on your bump chatting away? My partner gets kicked in the face everytime she does it...more so than having a hand on my belly :) I think the little bit of pressure encourages a "get off" response :) she also kicks her when I say give her a kick :) not that I think for one second she understands me but it's sweet!

Re bras...I'm a 40DD currently & they are supportive so you should at least go try one on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm gone from a 34A to a 36C: and one boob is covered in stretch marks the other one has none and my nipples were small and pink and now large and brown!

I'm wearing non underwire bras but am qute nipply in them too: but I still have a few underwire padded ones if I need them.

I love my next over the bump jeans to be honest they are so comfie: I have two pairs and I live in them and trackie bottoms! I won't want to see them in a few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

My local new look doesn't have a maternity section, I was going to chance ordering online but I wld be a bit nervous about sizes.

Going to start picking up a few bits for my hospital bags too. Just to get them washed etc. laundry is not my best subject!ha!
    Any advice on what detergent to wash them in? Neither of us have sensitive skin so I usually just buy whatever's on special offer. That'll all change now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I always used fairy, just something my mil passed on

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Do the baby's clothes need to be washed before they're worn too? :o Mortified about how little I know about babies... Just about 16 weeks to learn everything!

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Do the baby's clothes need to be washed before they're worn too? :o Mortified about how little I know about babies... Just about 16 weeks to learn everything!
    Yeah, you have to wash everything before you put on baby.
    Fairy non bio is the most highly recommended brand to use for new borns. And no fabric softener.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ah didn't realise that re the fabric softener. Is it ok to use any brand non-bio detergent or would you only use Fairy?

Thanks for all the jeans recommended. Shall be paying a visit to New Look this weekend, can't live without jeans!

anyone know the average start of braxton hicks?? got a few odd pains, well not pains but uncomfort today, totally irregular pattern and go away after a few seconds,
    I wonder if they could be braxton hicks or gas...
    Baby is still moving like a mad woman so i'm not worried

Mink wrote: »
    Ah didn't realise that re the fabric softener. Is it ok to use any brand non-bio detergent or would you only use fairy
    I'm not sure tbh.
    Personally, because fairy is such a well known brand, and renowned for being the brand for new borns, I would be wary using anything else.
    You would usually be washing the babies clothes in a seperate wash to everything else at the start anyway, so I think a decent size box of fairy should last a good bit. Look out for deals in supermarkets, or check out your local co-op shop, as they always have the industrial size detergent boxes for around €20.

anyone know the average start of braxton hicks?? got a few odd pains, well not pains but uncomfort today, totally irregular pattern and go away after a few seconds,
    I get cramps on and off too. They are uncomfortable alright, I usually get up from my desk and walk around the office. Usually rights any pain I have.

silly wrote: »
    I get cramps on and off too. They are uncomfortable alright, I usually get up from my desk and walk around the office. Usually rights any pain I have.
    Thanks silly, im just a wuss!
    Its more like gas pain for sure under my ribs so maybe its things being moved up. Hopefully i good night sleep sorts it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

OMG I`m so feckin itchy today even my face is driving me crazy!!!:mad:

• Advertisement

theg81der wrote: »
    OMG I`m so feckin itchy today even my face is driving me crazy!!!:mad:

I have this same problem

I felt so bad today that I asked hubby to collect me after work.
    I'm going to bed soon

Advertisement