Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

It'd be nice of HWVS did visa card. it'd be so much faster. i transferred money to them on Friday, but Ulster bank didn't process till Wednesday cause of the bank holiday Monday. HWVS dispatched 2 hours after receiving the money, but it's not going to be here till Tuesday at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

guys, what courier do dabs.ie use? and how are they with deliveries in general? i know its not irish, but how are they with returns too etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was hoping it'd move on and I wouldn't have to ask, but how long would dhl usually take from the point my order is at?

Status from Thu, 22.03.12 01:38 hours
    The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

Next step
    The international shipment is being prepared for forwarding to the destination country

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I bought a mouse from Dabsie and they used An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If you get delivery free, they'll use An Post (and Royal Mail, if from the UK). If you had to pay for it, then it's probably going to be Parcel Force, or UPS.

The latter two can be tracked, the first two can't (usually, varies with An Post)

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    If you get delivery free, they'll use An Post (and Royal Mail, if from the UK). If you had to pay for it, then it's probably going to be Parcel Force, or UPS.

The latter two can be tracked, the first two can't (usually, varies with An Post)

i presume you were talking about mine issue m8? i would not trust with something very expencive post... its a shame as dabs.ie got free delivery and -25eu for 400eu++ purchases.

Yeah, I was talking about the question you asked. As far as I'm aware, if something is damaged in shipping, you can just refuse it, and it'll get sent back. That, or you accept it, and RMA with Dabs straight away. I've had a ton of stuff delivered by An Post and never had any problems though (and a lot more than €400 worth in single deliveries too).

So how long does it take to deliver?

About three days, usually. An Post / Royal Mail is about four.

Serephucus wrote: »
    About three days, usually. An Post / Royal Mail is about four.

****, just checked and it says: order up on request... so i guess i could be waiting for weeks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Libertewhite

I was in the middle or ordering and then suddenly I came across something weird.

https://www1.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp
    I'm ordering off them.

Here is the weird thing:
    When I put in my address, it asks for my street address in one box and my house number in another box.

To be delivered to:

I have a bad feeling if I ordered, I would never see it.
    I tried putting my house number in the street box, just before the street name, but then it says I have to enter in a house number.

Another question about number:
    When it asks for a number, do you put 0035387_____ and the rest of the mobile number, or do you just put your mobile number in and ignore the +353 bit?

Dublin doesn't have Zip codes, right??

:o:eek::mad:
    (That's how stressed I am)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I put in:
    "11 Street Name"
    As Street Name then 0 as house number and IRE00 as ZIP and the adderes comes out as.

"Genghiz Cohen
    11 Street Name 0
    IRE00
    Town
    Ireland"

For the phone number, I think that's for the courier to ring you if he is having trouble finding you, so just the 087 should be fine.

Thanks for that.

I clicked on credit transfer...oh god it's all in german!! AHH!!!!

Thanks for that.

I clicked on credit transfer...oh god it's all in german!! AHH!!!!

Yeah, if you figure it out let me know, I'm waiting on an email asking if I can Paypal instead.

I got my parts from HWVS this morning.

But the address had left out the Town and county so it was delayed in getting to me.
    So it just had:
    Estate and number,
    Location in town,
    Ireland

This happen anyone else before? I'm in Letterkenny so fair play to An Post for getting it to me.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    This happen anyone else before? I'm in Letterkenny so fair play to An Post for getting it to me.

Did Dhl not deliver the parts? Did you pay for Dhl?

DHL deliver from Germany to Ireland then An Post take over when it reaches Ireland.

What if you ordered in bulk? An Post have lost things on me before whereas Dhl have always come through.

Did you order through 'credit transfer'?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

An post will deliver it to you no problem. It's very unlikely they would lose a big package or two. I've always gotten my orders delivered fairly quickly. To pay by bank transfer just go to the bank or you can do it through online banking.

An post will deliver it to you no problem. It's very unlikely they would lose a big package or two. I've always gotten my orders delivered fairly quickly. To pay by bank transfer just go to the bank or you can do it through online banking.

Perhaps you can explain these things to me if you've already done it?
    Intended purpose:
    Remittee account:

And where do you put in your order number?

• Advertisement

Perhaps you can explain these things to me if you've already done it?
    Intended purpose:
    Remittee account:

And where do you put in your order number?

Just look as these 3 pictures and they will explain it for you.

That should be stickied! Thank you!

http://youtu.be/AQ4NAZPi2js?t=12s

Don't thank me, thank deconduo. He posted it in the PC Building and Upgrading 101 thread.

Lads. Is it me or dabs is getting really not bad price wise? Plus that spring offer of: 40eu off for 599eu++ orders and free delivery?

It might be not bad choise for building too, stuff like Gpus and hdds are not bad priced, I will need to look in to the rest of the prices and maybe it could be a not bad alternative to German website, when you include those spring benefits?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Lads. Is it me or dabs is getting really not bad price wise? Plus that spring offer of: 40eu off for 599eu++ orders and free delivery?

It might be not bad choise for building too, stuff like Gpus and hdds are not bad priced, I will need to look in to the rest of the prices and maybe it could be a not bad alternative to German website, when you include those spring benefits?

My biggest problem with dabs is that some people have had really bad experiences with them and their customer service:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056218666
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056497466
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055060340
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055203563

Thats just from boards, I know a couple of people from a UK forum that have had problems with them as well, one guy even had to bring them to court to get his money back.

Now obviously most people have no problems, but I would never order from them.

deconduo wrote: »
    My biggest problem with dabs is that some people have had really bad experiences with them and their customer service:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056218666
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056497466
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055060340
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055203563

Thats just from boards, I know a couple of people from a UK forum that have had problems with them as well, one guy even had to bring them to court to get his money back.

Now obviously most people have no problems, but I would never order from them.

thats is true. i am still waiting on reply from dabs.ie on that gtx 680. it looks like they dont like to go in to contact. Plus all dabs.IE and being UK company is just sneaky.
    still their prices went really not bad, and i am sure some boardsies use them, but is it worth the chance? :(

I'm sure you could find a few threads of people with HWVS problems too. That guy that's getting hung up on, for one. You're going to get bad stories with any retailer. I will admit that Dabs' customer service isn't the greatest (largely owing to not having a damn phone number), but mostly they're grand.

I know a bunch of people in the UK who will swear to never buy from Overclockers and to always use Scan, when I'd be the exact opposite. It just depends on personal experience. People's views are always going to be coloured by it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Yes but think about the number of people that have ordered from HWVS, and I've only seen 2-3 threads here complaining about them. I'm pretty sure two were solved fairly quickly as well.

Advertisement