Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laptop trolley

Options
  • 13-02-2009 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Does anyone know where I'd get a small laptop trolley? I have a 15" laptop and need to carry just a few books as well. My internet search just seems to throw up pretty bulky looking cases and ideally I'd like something smaller and neater than the standard ones. My colleague has one W41xH30xD11(cm) that she got in Woolworths(sadly no longer with us!) and this size or preferably a little smaller would be perfect. I've tried rucksacks and shoulder/messenger type bags before and I really need to move to a trolley as my back aches! Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This should do the trick.
    Shopping_Trolley.jpg
    But seriously, you want a bag on wheels? For your laptop? Seems a bit mad tbh, i wouldn't want to carry any kind of computer in a bag on wheels, they tend to tip all over the shop. Why not buy a sleeve for your laptop and throw it in any bag that'll fit your laptop, doesn't have to be made for laptops as the sleeve will protect it.
    Your Laptop is big. Face it, it aint gonna get any smaller. You could go and buy yourself a netbook, essentially a mini laptop, which'll cost you about ~300 but will be about 8.9/10.2" depending on what you go for and weigh roughly 1Kg. Seems about right for your needs/

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bunalunhoney

Thanks for the pic and advice! I probably wasn't clear enough about my needs. It's a work provided laptop so I have no control over size, and the nature of my job means I have to walk a good bit between my destinations. The bag just seems to get heavier the further I have to walk and to save my back I thought a wheeled case would be the way to go.(My fitness level is not the issue Karoma!). I'll keep searching.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The only roller bags I've seen have been big bulky ones. I haven't seen anything small and compact.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,630 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Whos back aches from a laptop and a few books :confused:

Anyway.

http://mobileoffice.about.com/od/packingyourmobilegear/tp/rollingcases.htm

Advertisement