Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Admit It!!!

• 17-08-2004 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

JBL is turning into a great heel champion ... he may have started off awkwardly but he's up and running now! ... come on admit it!!! ... you're starting to think he's kinda cool

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

what if I said please? .... would someone admit it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭DC

Its not bad, but its not a patch on The Million Dollar Man and Virgil. If they had made OJ his servant instead of his chief of staff then that would have really worked. Not very PC though and the GM would hardly have approved....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

JBL should not be tag champ say world champ. get him off my tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Sorry mate but he's a hell of a lot more entertaining than AJ Styles !

Layfield is a Jackass in real life but he's worked relatively hard for ten years in WWE , has fairly good mic skills and has a wicked finisher , i say why not have him as champ for a while.

Any heel champion bar HHH and Angle is ok with me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭burningspirit

Yeah, he's growing on me as a heel.... but the dude is a serious ass in real life. Ever read his commentaries on wwe.com? He represents everything that is wrong with the average american.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

JBL should not be tag champ say world champ. get him off my tv

Why??? Do u have any valid reason why anyone should take that serious. If you dislike him as a wrestler/champ, please tell us, then perhaps ur post will be taken seriously.

JBL, IMO, is a great champ. I wasnt overly impressed at the start, but his promos are very well put together, and do get the crowd to jeer him. "Hows your family" what a line! His in-ring work may not be of the standard of, say, Angle, Flair, HHH, but the strap cant stay on the same waists all the time.

The fact he now has OJ as his chief of staff adds more to his character as well now.

Perosnally, I hope to see him champ until at least Survivor Series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

JBL is a useless wrestler who has very little moves in the wrestling ring. He has zero charisma doing this character, the fans dont even want to bother booing him, hes a joke. A year ago he was on heat and now he's the champ. What a joke. He's destroying the credibility of the title but at least the undertaker didn't win it. What a joker the undertaker is, he wouldnt even do the job sunday.

Give kurt angle the belt as soon as possible i say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

his ringwork might not be great ... but his mic skills have grown amazingly ... in real life he might be a bit of a dick ... but he's sending himself up with his gimmick .... hope he gets a very long triple h like title reign (although my bet is still for Cena to take the title once he finishes his feud with booker t)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

if you don't like guys that won't job , your cheering for the wrong guy in Angle . They have'nt starting calling him the Smackdown HHH for nothing.

And as gimmick states , anyone but the normal handfull of guys with the belt is refreshing. Within reason obviously , i would like to see Paul London a champ.

And being on heat does'nt mean you can't move up the ladder , even in a year. All guys , apart form rare exceptions like Lesnar , have to do their time on the lesser shows , it's not always because the're crap , not in Bradshow's case anyway.

RVD was on heat Sunday instead of Summerslam , but no one would be suprised if he was fighting for the wwe belt next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I would like to point out that I backed Bradshaw getting the belt, If he's a Jackass in real life he's a smart Jackass cus he's made himself a whole lotta money in the stock market

Advertisement