Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BOI Business Online - Digicert for transfers not working in Microsoft Edge Win 10??

• 02-08-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8 mamutka

Hi,
    I just upgraded to Win 10 with Microsoft Edge browser replacing Internet Explorer.
    There seems to be a problem with making transfers in BOI BOL - is this browser not supported or what is the way around?? 
    I can log in but digicert does not load when I want to accept payments.
    Please help.
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭Tow

MS Edge does not support java, so will not work with Banking on Line. This problem was pointed out months ago to BOI and was met with the standard reply.

So much for the money pored into New Banking On Line.
    The dropping of Java support from various different browsers has been in the pipeline for years, yet appears to have caught them on the hop.

BTW Revenue have updated ROS, so you will have no problems making tax returns with Windows 10.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'd install chrome anyway, if only because edge doesn't support inbox...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Chrome will soon no longer support Java plugin in the standard plugin. 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭Tow

Chrome will remove support next month:

http://blog.chromium.org/2014/11/the-final-countdown-for-npapi.html

"In September 2015 we will remove the override and NPAPI support will be permanently removed from Chrome. Installed extensions that require NPAPI plugins will no longer be able to load those plugins."

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

mamutka wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just upgraded to Win 10 with Microsoft Edge browser replacing Internet Explorer.
    There seems to be a problem with making transfers in BOI BOL - is this browser not supported or what is the way around?? 
    Please help.
    TIA
    Hi mamutka, 

Thanks for your post.

We'd like to help you resolve this, if you'd like we can arrange a call back from a member of our BOL support team.

Please send a PM with your name and phone number.

Thanks

Janette

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MackMack

They've only recently got BOL working properly with Windows 7, don't hold your breath waiting for it to work with Windows 10. Cynical but unfortunately true.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭funstuff

Hi,
    Please help.
    TIA
    Hi mamutka, 

Thanks for your post.

We'd like to help you resolve this, if you'd like we can arrange a call back from a member of our BOL support team.

Thanks

Janette
    Hi Janette,

Having the same problem.
    Is there a work around for windows 10?
    If edge/chrome does not work, what is the alternative.

Thanks
    Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Monroe Rotten Ignition

FYI, Internet Explorer 11 is also installed on Windows 10. Along with Edge.

Easiest solution - use IE11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

funstuff wrote: »
    Hi,
    Please help.
    TIA
    Hi mamutka, 

Thanks for your post.

Thanks

Janette
    Hi Janette,

Having the same problem.
    Is there a work around for windows 10?
    If edge/chrome does not work, what is the alternative.

Thanks
    Gerry
    Hi Gerry,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.
    If you would like to send us a PM with your contact phone number we will arrange for a colleague in Business On Line to call you.

In order to do this, please click on the link below in my signature.

Have a good day.

Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mamutka

Spot on, Thanks a lot.

Really don't understand why the Bank would not put up a solution here rather than asking for details.

IE11 is not by default on desktop, I had to go right click on start and search to find it. I hope it is safe...

For all other services like ROS etc I would always use Mozilla Firefox, only that BOI Business would not work in other browsers.

Many thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Spot on, Thanks a lot.

Really don't understand why the Bank would not put up a solution here rather than asking for details.

IE11 is not by default on desktop, I had to go right click on start and search to find it. I hope it is safe...

For all other services like ROS etc I would always use Mozilla Firefox, only that BOI Business would not work in other browsers.

Many thanks!
    Good morning mamutka,

Thanks for your post.

Currently you can access Business On Line on Windows XP, Windows 7 or 8, or Apple Mac OS X. You can access through Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer from version 9 upwards.

To make payments using your digital cert you should ensure that you have the latest version of Java 
    installed.

I will certainly pass this on to our Business On Line team for their attention and will provide any updates available here. Thanks for taking the time to post and please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ Monroe Rotten Ignition

What about Windows Vista? 

You can also access through Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10.

Do you not support Google Chrome browser? It has 65% market share with Internet Explorer at 7%. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

What about Windows Vista? 

You can also access through Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10.

Do you not support Google Chrome browser? It has 65% market share with Internet Explorer at 7%. 
    Good Morning Monroe Rotten Ignition,

Thanks for your post.

The operating systems and browsers that I have listed would be the minimum requirement for Business On Line as outlined in our specifications. 

In relation to Chrome - with the recent Chrome browser update (Chrome version 42), the architecture which allows the Java plug-in to run on the browser has been disabled. This will prevent your Digital Cert from loading on Business On Line.

Business On Line uses of Java based software and in order to make payments through Business On Line you do need to have Java installed and running on your browser. 

Further support information and technical specification for Business On Line can be found here

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement