Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting USB key repaired?

• 04-02-2016 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi all, like a chump I managed to break my usb key. The connectors have come out and the actual baord has come out of its protective shell. I really need to get the info off and again, like a chump I havent it backed up recently.
    Can anybody recommend somewhere in Cork where I can get it looked at?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

the goon wrote: »
    Hi all, like a chump I managed to break my usb key. The connectors have come out and the actual baord has come out of its protective shell. I really need to get the info off and again, like a chump I havent it backed up recently.
    Can anybody recommend somewhere in Cork where I can get it looked at?

Thanks in advance!

Any pc repair shop should be able to do it. Should be just a simple soldering job

Nick

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

YMMV on this one,

Dealz do a air duster can for €1.49 , if you hold it upside down it acts like freeze spray. it might be used to prevent the chip overheating (cool not cold) while soldering. Too much and cracking might be a possibility.

Advertisement