Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help needed

Options
  • 07-02-2016 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads.

I know this may be a cheek asking, but has anyone got a loan of a 3.5 serial ata caddy. A mate of mines Hd went a bit tits up. I just need a loan of a caddy for a day or two so i can access it and drag off some photos and a video of his dad.

Im living on southside but can travel to collect or meet up in city centre and will drop back when finished.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

IF you have a pc with sata drives in it ,eg one less than 12 years old,turn it off.
    Plug power cable out from pc main power socket.
    Switch off power to pc .
    Plug old drive into data ,power cables from dvddrom drive ,
    or spare power,.data sata cables .
    Put drive on flat surface or inside pc drive bay slot.
    turn on pc,go to my computer ,drive will show up as drive d, e or f in my computer ,
    browse the drives , search for avi or mp4 ,wmv files .
    Copy files to drive c.
    if message appears ,you have no permission to see these files ,
    Put in user password ,
    Or wait click ok, files ,folders will appear .
    Any linux iso live cd can acess any windows drive .
    Ten year old pc on adverts.ie with sata cables are 20 euro .
    1 gig ram, cpu 2.0ghz .

http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=38

burn iso to cdr disk ,boot from cd.
    burn iso file as image ,at 2x speed .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

^^ Thanks for the advice, nice to know for future reference, got sorted with a caddy this morning.

Thanks.

Advertisement