Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chem trails

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Zulu wrote: »
    What!?! They are going to kil us all!!! But then who would they spray?

Yes, Yes they are, however it may take some time and the lethality of this system is questionable, but yes they are going to kill YOU specificaly ( mainly cos you posted here and they are watching) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭casey212

Yes, Yes they are, however it may take some time and the lethality of this system is questionable, but yes they are going to kill YOU specificaly ( mainly cos you posted here and they are watching) ;)

Paranoid??

Fairly heavy spraying over North Dublin all this week.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Evidence?

I used my eyesight. I'll tell you what, the next clear day I will use by poor photography skills and take a few snaps. These snaps i will then put up on this thread.

• Advertisement

Please do. I'll make a prediction now, though: if and when you do, you'll be posting a picture of either (a) contrails, or (b) clouds. I've seen several photographs of both used as "evidence" of chemtrails.

I have studied these things for a while now. There is no doubt that something is going on. I'll try to explain with the use of my own pictures when i take them.

On the contrary, there is ample doubt, as has been expressed throughout this thread.

I look forward to your pictures and explanations.

I feel that doubt is founded on disbelief that something could be occuring on this scale.

Not mine. My doubt is founded on a lack of evidence, coupled with perfectly plausible alternative explanations for any alleged observations.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

OK if its happenin in Dublin then we have a chance to Gather EVIDENCE.

Casey, see if you can find someone with a plane (a Piper or a Cesna will do), when you see this spraying see ifd you can fly up there and get some samples of what they're sprayin us with.

Good lad;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,387 ✭✭✭✭kippy

So now the Irish Government are spraying as well. Thats a bit of a change from the original questions one of the "Believers" answered earlier on.
    Lets just speculate a bit:
    Skys over Dublin are being sprayed.
    1 Who is spraying?(actually flying the planes, refueling the plans and responsible for their safe trip through the sky)?
    2 Who finances this, who orders the spraying and who do they answer to?
    3 Why do this? As mentioned earlier (which I have to say, was completely overlooked) spraying from the sky is neither targeted, stealthy or inexpensive) Why they hell dont "they" poison the water reservoirs directly? Dublin only has one or two sources of water and this appears to be the way to go for any such poisoning of the population of the city.
    4 Why spend so much time and effort doing this when there are easier and more effective ways of doing it?
    5 What do you personally do to protect yourself from the effects of this spraying? Wear a mask?
    6 Have you brought up your issues with your local politician? If so what has the response been? Similiarily have you written a letter to the department of the environment or the green party or the EU asking for clarification of what is going on in the skies above our heads? If so I would be interested in seeing any replies.
    7 You mentioned before that there were a few countries that didnt actually get sprayed. To be honest I found that amazing. The whole world is getting sprayed apart from these few countries. How many undocumented flights, gallons of fuel/chemical and man hours would be needed for an operation of this size and who is logisticily and financially responsible for running it?

Anyway, I am off to enjoy my weekend, Chemtrails or no chemtrails. I doubt we get sprayed here in Galway anyway, we have enough diseases/hardships and afflictions anyway.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mckenna45

Whatever about Galway, there sure seems to be some strange goings on here in Dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭zippy 99

http://en.epochtimes.com/news/8-1-16/64150.html

Good report on how governments have weather modification technology and are using it.

Many believe part of the reason for chemtrails is to help with weather modification.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Zippy 99 wrote:
    Good report on how governments have weather modification technology and are using it.
    Interesting report, but it says nothing of the sort.

Lets just look at some snippets from the article, to illustrate why I disagree with your analysis.
    Extreme weather patterns in recent years, such as record numbers of hurricanes, floods and droughts across the world, may have been the result of such technology being tested, they claim.

Without concrete evidence to support them, such claims to many remain little more than a hot topic for conspiracy theorists.
    Good document indeed. It admits straight up front that there is no concrete evidence. It maintains this speculative position throughout, and does not - as you claim - report on how governments have this technology.

But, according to some, the facility also possesses the capability to knock out communications in a wide area of the world, by making modifications to the ionosphere.

If the facility has been used for this purpose it is doubtful that we would ever find out.
    At a guess, I'd say that there would be at least one indication - that being that communications in a wide area of the world had been knocked out. Has this ever happened when other conditions (such as sunspots) known to cause communications problems were not present? No, it hasn't.

So I think we can safely say that it hasn't been used for this purpose.

Now, I admit that if such an event were to occur, and we couldn't find a reason for it, we couldn't automatically pin it on HAARP, which is probably what the author is trying to say - that if it were to be used (as opposed to "if it has been used") for this purpose that it is doubtful we would ever find out.

But again, the article doesn't say that the US government has the technology, as you claim, but rather says that some people claim that it has, but that said people don't have hard evidence to back up their claims.

Going further...
    Conspiracy theorists point to an extract from the Air University of the US Air Force, AF 2025 Final Report - a fanciful document of future technologies - as evidence.
    However it is doubtful that the document, readily available online, carries any official indication of current policy.
    Here, the article casts doubt on even the circumstantial evidence being offered. It describes the document as fanciful.

I'm sure the US Air Force would like to own the weather. They may even have some research projects into same, but thats a long, long cry from suggesting they can control/own the weather, which is what you're saying.

Its a bit like looking at the various gung-ho types insisting that the US should "own near-earth space" and concluding that not only is this policy, but its a goal that has already been achieved.
    Many believe part of the reason for chemtrails is to help with weather modification.
    No question. No argument. Many do indeed believe this.

Many people also believe that lemmings periodically commit mass suicide. Belief doesn't make them right, no more than it makes chemtrail-believers right.

Now, beofore you say it, I know that it doesn't make them wrong either...but thats where we have to start applying critical or skeptical analysis.

The classic argument to illustrate this is that we don't know that there isn't a teacup orbiting Pluto. So, should we believe that there is? Should we believe that there realistically might be? Or do we say that until there is hard evidence to support the belief, we should remain skeptical - in other words, work on the assumption that there is no teacup, but remain open to the possibility that evidence will be supplied at a future date.

Unfortunately for the weather-control / chemtrail case these believers would like to make, there is - as the article you so helpfully provided states clearly - a shortage of evidence. There are people making unsubstantiated (and - at times - unsubstantiable) claims, which others believe.

Me, I remain skeptical, because just like the article you put your faith in made explicitly clear - there is a lack of hard evidence to support your belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Interesting article, but really only talks about the amaricans.

Quote from artical: "Without concrete evidence to support them, such claims to many remain little more than a hot topic for conspiracy theorists."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭jessop1

any idea what the rectangular shaped thing is on the left?

attachment.php?attachmentid=50647&d=1201884848

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Looks like a reflection of an overhead light in the glass that the picture is taken behind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rofl, it really does. haha
    awesome, i was wondering what the hell it was.

Bingo. Follow the perspective lines and you can see the reflection of another one.

• Advertisement

aye that would make sense. as for the other lines, defo chemtrails :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

jessop1 wrote: »
    aye that would make sense. as for the other lines, defo chemtrails :p
    Which ones?

:confused: the ones in the sky that came from airplanes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tireoghain01

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

"$2.6 million worth of new and additional equipment." - will that service the connacht area???

"With an Omnistar subscription, this new system enables the spray missions to be accurate within 15 centimeters of a pre-selected target area on the ground," said Master Sgt. Birmingham.

He said the Omnistar system allows the Air Force to utilize an optimum number of satellites to allow this kind of precision in spraying even as the aircraft are delivering their payload from 150 feet in the air.
    Um. This has what, exactly, to do with alleged chemtrails?

Alright, just got the camera back. The attached images were taken over North Dublin yesterday. Over the next week I will take more and post them. In the first image you can see a chemtrail, surrounded by other trails left around fifteen minutes before. The previous trails have dispersed to leave a haze.

Why, oh why, do people keep posting pictures of clouds and/or contrails as "evidence" of "chemtrails"?

Also, any response to my response to your previous post?

• Advertisement

heres a few I took recently in dublin.

dubchem2007111.jpg?t=1202056165

dubchem2007112.jpg?t=1202056322

DubChem2007121.jpg?t=1202056439

Advertisement