Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl bike workstand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Thanks for the reminder. Do these things sell out quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

what's the clamp like for using on carbon bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Have one and find it very good. Use it on my 3 bikes and kids bikes all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

NBar wrote: »

Interested to hear views on this too...although looking at the clamp I dont see it being too much of a problem, clamp the top tube but just be sure not to overtighten the clamp. Think I'll buy one anyway...threatened it the last few times they were in just always over thought the carbon in a clamp thing and never bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

very handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

never seen a bad review about them on here anyways!

anything remotely similar on the bikes sites will be at least double the price if not more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

I have alloy, but most of the time I don't even close the clamp. I just let the bike balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ Victor Melodic Streetcar

Put a soft cloth/microfiber in the clamp and dont overtighten..ive seen marks left on others carbon frame from the clamp. Otherwise they are brilliant and you will find yourself wondering why didn't I buy one earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Put a soft cloth/microfiber in the clamp and dont overtighten..ive seen marks left on others carbon frame from the clamp. Otherwise they are brilliant and you will find yourself wondering why didn't I buy one earlier

this - very lightly clamp my carbon frame

wouldnt put the bike near if i ws changing bottom bracket bearings as the twisting load could damage it. but thats the only time i dont use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

It's very similar to the Aldi one I use. In which case I have a bit of soft packing that came in the boxes with some of our it kit. Not sure what it's called but it's like flexible foam. That's very good for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Looks the business, cheers for the heads up.

makes chain cleaning sooooo much easier!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

For carbon bikes, why not just stick a non-carbon saddle on the bike and clamp it on the seatpost?

For carbon bikes, why not just stick a non-carbon saddle on the bike and clamp it on the seatpost?

Lot of hassle! Just don't clamp it tight, just stable enough for cleaning....there is a handlebar stability bar which helps too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

Traumadoc wrote: »
    Heads up for the bike work stand. I have one and find it pretty good.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-FCCA601A-23D90049/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?id=127

I have one of these and its really handy. Cleaning & fixing is so feckin easy when the bike is off the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

The bicycle rack (http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-9C630334-854E7A20/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=5485) is the first one of this type they have had for sale afaik. Fits the front as well as the rear and for 9.99 could be a very cheap alternative to buying a dedicated front rack - which are usually pricier.

Only holds 5kg though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Anyone use their shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I usually wrap a cloth around my frame and put it inside bike clamp so it doesnt scratch bike. Great stand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

I'm thinking of getting the workstand and the rack.
    30GBP + P&P for very similar stand on ebay and its a neat looking rack ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

About 15 in the Drogheda store this morning and about 20 chain cleaner kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Theres a few in coolock too.
    I sent the OH shopping this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Really easy to put together and a quality piece of equipment for €30 , already have the chain cleaned down :) great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Gonna try and grab one of these, although the Lidl in town rarely has any of the cycling specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Just picked one up in lidl on Grange rd. Beside marley park, still loads left there, all i need now is my bike to arrive from bike24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

Lidl Moore St has loads of everything as of 20 mins ago, I got the rack, loads of Stands there.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

How heavy are the they in the box, want to get one today but won't have access to the wifes car untill the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭dakar

Euro Fred wrote: »
    How heavy are the they in the box, want to get one today but won't have access to the wifes car untill the weekend

7.9kg

I got one this afternoon. Box is about 4ft long, so a bit awkward, but easy enough to balance under your arm

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

goslie wrote: »
    Lidl Moore St has loads of everything as of 20 mins ago, I got the rack, loads of Stands there.

Nice one, will pop in on the way home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Picked one up in mallow today (Plenty left). Delighted with it, very stable with my bike on it.

Advertisement