Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Boards Order Thread - Closing date 28th of Feb

• 30-01-2014 11:52am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've OK'd this with the Cycle forum mods, Dav and marcofan.

I'm looking to organize another kit order but with a slight difference.

Inspired by LPB, I've signed up for a few cycling related cycle challenges. One is Bike4Cancer 3 Cities Challenge which I will be doing with some work colleagues. I'll be adding other events (Evil 200 is signed up for!) along the way.

I was hoping to use this boards kit order as part of the fund raising effort. For each order received I was hoping to get a donation towards two charities. LPB's Irish Cancer Society and the other Bike4Cancer. All funds raised would be split 50/50. A suggested donation might be say €5?

In order to keep things simple I suggest that the order be the same as the last order i.e. the lime kit. Original details below
    _Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    There seems to be some interest in people starting up a new order for kit, so I figured we may as well start a thread and see if we can get an order going.

The supplier will be Lucca Sports with Verge jerseys.

Agreed colour scheme:

Boardsie_3D_Jersey_and_Bib_short_V5-1_zps24128c3b.jpg
    Approximate prices:
    SS jersey €41, LS jersey €54, bib shorts €44, wind jackets €80 and gilets €58.

Sizing charts: http://www.vergesport.com/sizing

Spreadsheet for order: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Avvd2VN36nT_dGtiaUJ4dTFaY2Fuam01bEZhTTFQQ0E&usp=sharing

EDIT 21/08 - Order will be "Sports Cut" - please see sizing charts linked above (which are supposed to be accurate)

All the above to be confirmed subject to order size etc. Marcofan also suggested that socks, leg warmers, arm warms, hats, caps etc would be available so that people could contribute without having to commit a large outlay.

I'll also be doing a separate challenge related jersey if any companies are interested in sponsoring that.

If you are interested post below and I'll start getting the order set up.

MOD EDIT: Payment will be by bank transfer to Godtabh who will provide details to anyone interested via PM/e-mail

Closing date added 28th of Feb

order sheet below

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvvVbruf6xAadEJnTmcwbWdoTHhsbGJlMm53bUNqbVE&usp=sharing

EDIT:
    Just got a price update from marcofan

Quote:
    marcofan wrote:
    the prices of the elite jersey in sports cut is €40 plus vat giving a total of €49.2 if you go over 25 jerseys for each colour the price will come down a bit so we could give the difference to the charities as that way it would be easier for you to administer

shorts are €45 plus vat giving a total of €55.35
    He can also do a pink and lime jersey. So if you prefer a colour specify in the spread sheet

Also added:
    socks and hats are €10 but need a min of 30 to order winter hats, knee and arm warmers are €18.5 each and leg warmers are €24.6 all these prices include vat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

I'm up for this. Jersey and bib. Do they do bib tights?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Jersey & bibs is what I be looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Ss and ls jerseys is what I'd be looking for, have bibs, want to complete the set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

I wonder at what stage will marcofan blow a gasket and tell us to get lost :pac:

Joke. I know he loves us!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bcmf wrote: »
    My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

I wonder at what stage will marcofan blow a gasket and tell us to get lost :pac:

Joke. I know he loves us!

I've already spoken to him. I think he is ok with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Very happy with the last order so defo interested in getting some more and bonus is helping a good cause in LBP's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Garzard

Great, could do with a SS jersey and bib shorts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: Stickied

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

I'll take a jersey (SS), need to do some measuring for size. How does this work, do we just post our order here or is there a new google spreadsheet (like the one in the link posted above)?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'll be putting up a google spreadsheet this evening.

• Advertisement

OK PayPal came back to me and it looks like it will be difficult to get the charges reduced.

Thank you for your interest in using PayPal for your fund raising. In this light, we offer a special fee rate for charities. If you run a non-profit organisation you can apply for this rate of just 1.4% + 20p on your donations.

To apply, you need to have a verified Business PayPal account and have specified your business as 'Non Profit'. Here's how:

Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
    Click 'Update' in the Business Information section.
    Choose 'Non-profit' as the 'Business type'.
    Click 'Save.'
    To get Verified, log in to your account and click the 'Unverified' link on the Account Overview page. Once you've satisfied the above criteria, you can email us at compliancedd@paypal.co.uk to apply for the charity rate. We'll review your application and notify you of the outcome.

You may be asked to provide the following if you apply for a charity fee rate:

Evidence of tax-exempt status and/or registration with any applicable regulatory bodies governing your jurisdiction
    A link to confirm the organisation's registration status online (if applicable)
    A brief organisational summary or mission statement
    Subordination letter from the parent organisation (if applicable)
    An authorisation letter on headed paper, signed by an official member of your organisation
    A detailed explanation of how you'll be using the PayPal account and what type of payments you'll be processing

Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Yours sincerely,
    Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

There must be an alternative to PayPal, they were a nightmare last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

TO ALL LADIES
    I have a M short sleeve jersey and M long sleeve top and would love to swap for a S
    If there is anyone who would like to help me out (they are seriously way too big for me), PM me
    Never worn, still factory scented

AltAccount wrote: »
    There must be an alternative to PayPal, they were a nightmare last time.

My bank account

Hi. Its opening as read only.

Double post

You sure? It should be shared?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Opening fine for me. Wonder will this be the end of godtabh, no sign really of ste since the paypal debacle with the last order!!

It opens up fine but is view only. According to the share list there is only 1 email adfy.

• Advertisement

Should be shared. Will look at it again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

love to support this but pink > lime :(

I have seen the lime in the flesh and it's horrible to behold :(

Inquitus wrote: »
    love to support this but pink > lime :(

I have seen the lime in the flesh and it's horrible to behold :(

I'm just trying to keep it.simple

Can some one try the link again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭nilhg

godtabh wrote: »
    I'm just trying to keep it.simple

Can some one try the link again

I can view but not edit, which is probably a good thing cause I've more gear than time to cycle.

Right have to figure this out

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

I think this is an excellent idea. I have the gear from the last order but will be very happy to buy the other bits, leg warmers etc, if only as a pretext to support the overall objective.

Will the spreadsheet (when its opened up) allow for inputs that specify the donation amount separate from the price?

OK I think its fixed now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

godtabh wrote: »
    OK I think its fixed now

Yes .. looks to be working ok for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Worked, added & thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Anybody bought the wind jacket & gilet? if so what are they like, are they any use in the rain etc.

Advertisement