Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyro's €1k to €10k challenge

• 11-01-2011 6:20am
    Moderators Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I'm going to do this for the lols just to see if I can do it over as long a time as it takes. No set limit and I'll try take it handy.

No reasoning for the moment as I just can't be bothered doing more typing but everything will be researched just like my daily donkey thread. None of my horses from there will be posted here.

For the time being, my max bet on thread is €50, the minimum is €5. Stats and all will be kept.

Shit or bust pretty much. More bets than I usually do too. On all sports as well, not just horses. I'll be using Betfair on certain things for this log but I'll often take best odd guaranteed for the horses.

Wish me luck!

1:30 Leicester - Red Law - €5 @ 33/1 (Bet365)

2:30 Leicester - Anquetta - €20 @ 9/2 (Bet365)

2:20 Southwell - Je Suis Unrockstar - €25 @ 7/2 (VC)

Total Staked : €50

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

kinda something along the lines im doing at the moment.;)
    best of luck with it anyway.

• Moderators Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Not really, but whatever makes you sleep at night. ;)

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Best of luck Pyro. An extra 10k would be nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Best o luck Pyro. Should be an interesting ride.

I could do with an interesting ride right now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

The best of luck pyro i will follow this one closely :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Crowie13

Good luck with the new log pyro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Good luck fella, will be watching with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mossyman

Best of luck Pyro, like the other lads I will follow this closely and have a bit of fun while doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Moffo

Best of Luck Pyro...:) will follow with interest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Not bad going. 5/1 winner and 33/1 place.

• Advertisement

Cheers Sandy, much better than the other one of late anyways.
    x PyRo wrote: »
    1:30 Leicester - Red Law - €5 @ 33/1 (Bet365)

2:30 Leicester - Anquetta - €20 @ 9/2 (Bet365)

2:20 Southwell - Je Suis Unrockstar - €25 @ 7/2 (VC)

Red Law ran a good race to come 3rd @ 33/1. Jumped well and traveled well for a long time but couldn't match the main two in the run in. Happy enough to get a good run for my few quid.

Anquetta wins @ 5/1 (15p R4) to give me my first winner of the new log. He jumped a few fences in bad fashion but still traveled well enough throughout and had to grind out a win in the end. Don't think he'll follow up though, such an awkward horse.

Je Suis Unrockstar finished a few lengths off the pace in 5th. Got caught wide and plugged on at one pace. Still worth keeping with him based on his previous run, which was probably a career best.

Bank - €1,055

Bets - 3
    Wins - 1
    SR - 33%
    Staked - €50
    Returned - €105
    ROI - 110%

Well done Pyro... good start :)

Cheers Moffo and everyone else too. :)

I think my other thread is cursed for the NH season. Can't buy a winner on it but I get a 5/1 winner and 33/1 place from my first 2 NH bets. Annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

x PyRo wrote: »
    Not really, but whatever makes you sleep at nightmorning. ;)

Cheers.

FYP! :D

Good luck with the thread Pyro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭thenutflush

Should be interesting! Good luck!

Cheers lads, much appreciated. It should be fun to see if it's even remotely possible. I'll be doing my best to stick to a strict staking plan and hopefully it'll work out in the long run. Happy with €55 profit so far on the first day though, especially with my recent luck.

Slow and steady will hopefully win the race.

Final bet for the day.

Bet #4 - West Ham vs Birmingham (Over 2.5 Goals) - €15 @ 5/4 (Coral)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Great to see a new challenge.
    I think im the only regular poster without his own log:(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

article-0-009B057000000578-321_306x541.jpg

Well done on the overs. :)

Top man is ol' Ben. :) Should of covered the overs easily if it wasn't for him making numerous top notch saves in the first half. Finished 2-1 to Wet Spam so I'm happy out.

Bank - €1,073.75c

Bets - 4
    Wins - 2
    SR - 50%
    Staked - €65
    Returned - €138.75c
    ROI - 114%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Tiffany Stale Okra

G'luck PyRo!:D

Ya've started well anyway.

• Advertisement

Cheers Baz. Taking it handy and going to try do this over a longer period of time than I'd like but slow and steady will hopefully win the race. 70 odd quid profit on the first day ain't too bad. I'll happily take that every day. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Great start Pyro...Love to see you reach €10k. Wish i'd a grand to start off with. Well i do but the other half would hit the roof if she saw me throwing it in into Paddy Power :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Quick question Pyro do you plan on posting selections the night/hours before they are due to start or do you plan on doing any last minute betting?

Get rid of her EID and then gamble all you want. :p Cheers for the message. :)

Gav, the night before dude. Might have the odd one posted only an hour or so before but I'm not planning on it. I'll just do them after I've my other thread sorted, as it's my number one!

Selections:
    • 1:15 Lingfield - King Supreme - €10 @ 13/2 (Bet365)

• 2:25 Lingfield - Brandywell Boy - €10 @ 5/1 (Bet365)

• 3:00 Lingfield - Waabel - €5 @ 12/1 (Bet365)

• 2:50 Doncaster - Wild Desert - €20 @ 11/2 (WillHill)

• 3:25 Doncaster - Dark Ben - €10 @ 8/1 (Bet365)

• 4:45 Kempton - Tilsworth Glenboy - €5 @ 12/1 (Bet365)
    Total Staked : €60

Playing with profit for today. Lots of bets but one win and I'm either in profit or breaking even, which wouldn't be too bad. A couple of winners and I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Great start Pyro...Love to see you reach €10k. Wish i'd a grand to start off with. Well i do but the other half would hit the roof if she saw me throwing it in into Paddy Power :D

Even better, sell the roof to fund your betting. Two birds one stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Hey Pyro. I don't bet on horse racing very often and every now and then i have a wee bet on them on here with your selections. So i want to go with your selections for tomorrow and i only have a PP account but PP are not giving me prices only SP. So do i just put my stake on the SP or do i wait till the prices come in? Cheers

Hey dude, I'd wait and take a price in the morning if you're up. I hate taking SP in case it ends up really short and you've lost out on a few quid. It's hard enough to make money at this without giving the bookie another edge! They should have some of them priced up though. Can't check as oddschecker is down at the moment but I'd imagine a few are up already.

Best of luck whatever you do and welcome to the forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Cheers Pyro. I will be up for the night so i will wait and bet on the ones that are priced up at the moment and wait for awhile for the rest. Thanks Pyro:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Tiffany Stale Okra

Nicely won by Wild Desert there.

And Waabel.:P

• Advertisement

2 winners Pyro...great stuff today...so far :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement