Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭harr

velleity wrote: »
    Had my second WI today and lost one pound. I'm coming to accept that I will never be one of those people who loses big one week to the next. I guess it's just not the way my body is built. But, if I'd been eating the way I was before I joined I'd probably be up by a pound this week, so to be down is better.

I'm getting serious envy from your percentages. But also inspiration. For now, I'm just focusing on my 5%, and I trust that in time they'll build up.

kty, sorry you are having such a lousy day. Mybe if you're not too wrecked from the dentist you could do some kickboxing or something and beat the frustration out on something. ;)

tantipie, congrats on your percentages. That is fantastic.
    i have my second WI tomorrow morning as well and if i lose a pound i would be happy i just keep telling myself that even losing 1 pound a week for a year would be over 3.5 stone lost :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    blinking is about as much exercise i can manage today i think...and even thats a struggle...

really dont envy exam stress! Just think how much relieve and relaxation you can do when they are all over!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

Hi all,
    anyone have any idea how many pp are in the irishpride buttermilk sodabread. According to the website, a 43g slice is 1.7 g fat, 1.3 fibre but it doesnt list the protein or carbs which are crucial to accurate pointing. hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I STS. happy with that, it wasn't up!!

Not going to make any silly plans for this week cos I know I won't stick to them, just want to get my exams over so I can get stuck back in!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

hi all,

just wondering, i have my weigh in tomorrow evening @ 6 and i have about 10 points left for today...would i be really silly to have a piece of lemon cheese cake that i made at the weekend...it is low enough (i used extra light philidelphia and low fat cream) but im not 100% of how to point it...

its just soooo tempting!!

• Advertisement

hi all,

just wondering, i have my weigh in tomorrow evening @ 6 and i have about 10 points left for today...would i be really silly to have a piece of lemon cheese cake that i made at the weekend...it is low enough (i used extra light philidelphia and low fat cream) but im not 100% of how to point it...

its just soooo tempting!!

If it was me I prob wouldnt, keep it until after the weigh in and treat yourself with it then. Have a serious dose of the munchies myself this eve

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MrsMoneypenny

Thanks lady lainy. Yeh the muffins are mega and I'll stick with individual portions. Makes sense and easier to keep track :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

boxoff wrote: »
    I was convinced that my bodys metabolism was so slow that it was actually physically impossible for me to loose any weight!

Ha another sista from anotha mista!! That sounds exactly what I used to say. Like "it's not fair, those skinny people can eat what they like because of their fast metabolism" and "i'll never be able to lose weight with my metabolism" and was always blaming the parents for bad genes haha

Monife wrote: »
    Ha another sista from anotha mista!! That sounds exactly what I used to say. Like "it's not fair, those skinny people can eat what they like because of their fast metabolism" and "i'll never be able to lose weight with my metabolism" and was always blaming the parents for bad genes haha

Oh thats another thing I used to put it down to "theres no skinny member of my family". Really amazing how our perceptions change! I mean before Xmas I would simply NOT for love or money go hillwalking/jogging, now I honestly enjoy it for a break from thinking about work, being on the laptop, watching TV and so on. Im sure everybody is SO glad we snapped outa these excuses as soon as we did!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Any ideas of what to have snack wise in the cinema? I am going tomorrow and I want to get something so Im not asked a million questions of why I'm not getting anything. Theres a ben and jerrys stand so would a sorbet be low in PP? Or a small popcorn or are there any pic n mix that aren't too high?? :)

• Advertisement

lil kc wrote: »
    Any ideas of what to have snack wise in the cinema? I am going tomorrow and I want to get something so Im not asked a million questions of why I'm not getting anything. Theres a ben and jerrys stand so would a sorbet be low in PP? Or a small popcorn or are there any pic n mix that aren't too high?? :)

Small popcorn is 9PP, medium is 12PP.

You could share a bag of maltesers, they are low enough.

Or get boiled sweets in the pick and mix, I think in old points they were 3 for 1 point so maybe 3 for 2PP?

Sorbet is pretty low but I myself would be wary about anything from Ben and Jerrys.

On another note, in a stinker of a mood this evening and the OH has just made it worse. I am lucky I am sooo tired and going to head to bed now, cos if i wasn't, i'd be eating all around me.

Monife wrote: »
    Small popcorn is 9PP, medium is 12PP.

You could share a bag of maltesers, they are low enough.

Or get boiled sweets in the pick and mix, I think in old points they were 3 for 1 point so maybe 3 for 2PP?

Sorbet is pretty low but I myself would be wary about anything from Ben and Jerrys.

On another note, in a stinker of a mood this evening and the OH has just made it worse. I am lucky I am sooo tired and going to head to bed now, cos if i wasn't, i'd be eating all around me.

Thanks here I am trawling through the nutritional info for any pic n mix I could think of and never thought about the boiled sweets, yum, they will last longer anyway! Marshmallows are 2 for 1pp I think so maybe a couple of those too.

Oh stay away from the kitchen, up the stairs and give yourself a mini facial or something! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I think Im gona do the same Eabha, had a brutal weekend eating wise, kinda weird in that I was eating like my old self without even realising. I know I shouldnt but might wait til wednesday, just feel so bloated today. Its a "Love to just crawl under the devut with a giant bag of sweets day"! Hope exams are going well :)

It's better than missing a WI or being up and going on a binge. Well that's what I'm telling myself :) I've been having a few of those craving the duvet days. Can't wait to be finished. 2 more exams left and then I'm free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

fionas046 wrote: »
    Lady Lainy, you're a legend! 42.81% weight loss. Now I'm motivated to finish! Thanks ;)

wow congrats!! i'm delighted with my 16%

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

Eabhabear wrote: »
    It's better than missing a WI or being up and going on a binge. Well that's what I'm telling myself :) I've been having a few of those craving the duvet days. Can't wait to be finished. 2 more exams left and then I'm free :D

I've done this before and don't see the harm, much better than skipping the wi, good luck with the rest of the exams

Eabhabear wrote: »

Absolutely, think Il go weds eve and go for a good long walk/jog tomor eve. Mad the way one night can ruin a good week otherwise. Im on a countdown too, 7 weeks til 8 weeks off, I keep telling myself it will be easier then :) Well done, your nearly finished exams! bring on a few devut days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks Becky and Boxoff. Trust me I plan on sleeping in til very late on Fri :D

I know what you mean by it being easier once I finish. I'll have more time to exercise but the challenge will be to control the boredom eating during the day and then drinking at the weekend :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Cant wait for friday, .... i'm going in to order my bike on the cycle to work scheme! I'm like a little kids when it comes to stuff like this, I just get soooooo excited

• Registered Users Posts: 19 velleity

Thats it velleity - joining WW I was convinced that my bodys metabolism was so slow that it was actually physically impossible for me to loose any weight! Since starting in January, Ive had plenty of weeks where I'd be down a half a pound, but hey its a journey as they say. Ive put on two weeks since january, and find that with huge losses I had, I always put on the week after!

Well done on your loss - Love your thinking, jeepers Id only shudder to think what size I would be now if I didnt bite the bullet and join WW

Thanks. You're right. It is a journey. I just hope I can keep my thinking like this and don't blow it a few days from now.

It's strange I much your attitude can change in a few days, or even hours, from "I'll just keep at this, it'll eventually be worth it" to "Ahh, feck it, this never works, give me that cake". But hopefully I'll keep at it this time.

And congrats on your loss since January. Those half pounds must be adding up now.

kty, you poor thing. No wonder you're feeling miserable. Hope the doctors are able to help you soon.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Cant wait for friday, .... i'm going in to order my bike on the cycle to work scheme! I'm like a little kids when it comes to stuff like this, I just get soooooo excited

In the process of doing that myself - altho I cant actually cycle to work, waaaaay to far and Im always late anyway so biking it to work just isnt an option. Lidl/aldi have great gear in from time to time - I got a fab purpley kinda rain coat that I use for walking, was only 15e was good auld spot, wore it to work last week cos I was on yard duty on a rainy day and I got lots of complements

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

Had a good day yesterday right up until half a pack of ginger nuts found me around half 7, couldn't resist. Droppin kids to school and then gona walk them off hopefully . I hope to god my weigh in will be could because i know il be very discouraged if its now:mad:

Hope everyone has a good day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

2fat wrote: »
    Hi, ive started to run in the gym. Never ran before so walking for 2 mins and running for 1min for 30 minutes altogether on the treadmill. Is this how you started, want to eventually be able to just run. I really get a buzz out of it

I hate treadmills - I get motion sick on them :o I started off last year when I was doing WW on my own, went out a few times with my brother in law and he helped me to get my stride right and encouraged me. When I first started, it took me 15 mins to run one mile and I thought I was about to die but I just worked it up from there. My goal last year was to run a 10k which I did :D But then I fell off the WW wagon and once the winter came, I didn't really bother with the running anymore. So when I joined WW (again) for real in Jan, I just started going out on my own. I live on a quiet country lane and it is exactly two mile from my house to the end and back again so I just started out running as far as I could then trying to do a bit more every time I went out!
    I was able to do it on my own because I had the goal of doing the 10K again this year but I know some ppl on here are using the Couch to 5k :D Good luck with the running! It gets better with time!

2fat wrote: »
    Hi, ive started to run in the gym. Never ran before so walking for 2 mins and running for 1min for 30 minutes altogether on the treadmill. Is this how you started, want to eventually be able to just run. I really get a buzz out of it

I would definitely recommend the couch to 5k. You can get podcasts aswell that prompt you when to run. It basically gets you running 5k in 9 weeks. I had never ran before in my life and was seriously unfit before I joined WW in November.

I started the couch to 5k about 9 weeks ago (I have been playing around with week 5 for a few weeks but I pushed through and am starting week 6 day 1 tonight). I can now run 20 minutes straight :) and i'm a smoker and my chest is fine when I am running, a bit tight towards the end but that clears up after a few minutes of walking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Hey Guys!

Just want to say thanks for the support yesterday, was having such a crap day and ye made me feel better. THANKS SO MUCH! Feeling better today, think yest was just a jump under the duvet day!
    2fat - best of luck with your WI, I have mine this eve too, not looking forward to it at all!!!! DOnt be too hard on yourself, we all need to have a treat, cant be good all the time, its impossible!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

So I had my dreaded WI in last night after my seriously bad week and skipped WI followed by ridiculously good week with loads of exercise!!

I am delighted to say that I STS, I am so happy to be honest as I really thought I'd be up even with all the hard work I put in last week trying to rectify the bad week.

Onwards and downwards now :D Going to be really good this week with loads of exercise and hopefully next week have a loss.

Only 4 weeks left to my Holiday now so I need to work extra hard ;)

Way hay I just ran for the bus and didn't die or jiggle too much for that matter! Not as unfit as I thought I was :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kazt

Hi there I am also new to this thread. Have been following ww since last August and i am 18lbs down.. not a lot i know so i am in search of some motivation and help. Does anyone know the points in a large chicken maryland? i cant seem to figure it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭harr

hi
    just back form my WI and i am down another 4.5lb that's 13 pound in 2 weeks :eek: .I should get my first stone next week,was not expecting that loss today at all.I am gone from having 47 points to 42 points.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

harr wrote: »
    hi
    just back form my WI and i am down another 4.5lb that's 13 pound in 2 weeks :eek: .I should get my first stone next week,was not expecting that loss today at all.I am gone from having 47 points to 42 points.:D

Brilliant result. Good luck for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

harr wrote: »
    hi

Fantastic, well done on your loss. What I wouldn't give.................:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement