Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WooCommerce: editing or removing "woocommerce Subtitle"

• 15-04-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭

Question for folks familar with WooCommerce:

I want to remove or change the text "woocommerce Subtitle" which appears on some product pages. I can't find anything in the documentation (but plenty of live sites with this text appearing). Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Try doing a project wide search for "sub_title" or some other related string to see if you can find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

are you using it with wordpress

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Woocommerce, the ecommerce plugin for Wordpress, probably indicates that he is... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/116660/add-subtitle-to-woocommerce-product-title

nothing on removing
    the above link is on adding might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Trojan wrote: »
    I want to remove or change the text "woocommerce Subtitle" which appears on some product pages.
    Did you view source to see if it is in a span/div that you can hide?

Can you post a link to your site or one of the others sites with it.

I was developing with WooCommerce recently and didn't see this. WooCommerce has tons of hooks and filters so there is a good chance that it can be removed programmatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Cheers folks, it was a function of the theme, so thankfully I was able to disable it without stooping to the level of some CSS nastiness!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ThrowinShapes

Looks like you've found your solution, nice one :)

Just a heads up for the future as well if you're looking for a more custom product page or what-have-you - template overriding:
    http://docs.woothemes.com/document/template-structure/

I've had to use this extensively for a recent project and it just makes the process easier.

Advertisement