Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Countdown to Cheltenham....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bassett173

kiers47 wrote: »
    It is a hoor to say it politely. The Tizzard horse who hacked up at Ascot last month looks handy (Royal Guardsman i believe he is called).
    The Irish bumper horses are looking average IMO.
    hearig alot about moscow mannon for the bumper alrite
    i have not been following the racing as closely as other years
    with two young kids but think binocular could be a e/w bet to
    nothing in the champion hurdle missed last year but usually
    comes good this time of year hurricane looks very much like a
    superstar
    though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

...and counting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

UrbanSea wrote: »

How did your preview go in college urban?

Was alright ste, they wanted about 1500 words per race. It'll have to be edited before it's printed with the 5 day decs but from what I remember ( on a different comp and too much beer)

: Jewson: Champion Court, Danger Solix
    :Pertemps: Grand Vision, Danger Thehillofuisneach
    Ryanair: Rubi Light Danger Riverside Theatre.

Can't remember the rest,but Holmwood Legend for the Festival Plate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Found these previews earlier, looks decent:

http://www.thefreekick.com/blog/?p=3141

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

A week to go... Don't think I'll have any nails left on my fingers... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

i love the roar of when the tape goes up in the first race. then i proceed to lose a lot of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

This time next week we will either have bulging wallets/bookie accounts or else we will be all be seen out on the streets bawling our eyes out:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

That why we love Cheltenham. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Hey Could anyone tell me are Tattersalls tickets any good? This is my 1st year going. Is there a ladbrookes where you can bet on other race meetings like in galway? Any other info I need to know, i'll be buzzing now for the rest of the week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eoghan_85

pugw wrote: »
    Hey Could anyone tell me are Tattersalls tickets any good? This is my 1st year going. Is there a ladbrookes where you can bet on other race meetings like in galway? Any other info I need to know, i'll be buzzing now for the rest of the week! :)

Been the last 2 years and was in the Club every time (which is next to Tattersalls) and the Tattersalls does seem ok, while obviously not as good as the club. Would also be interested to hear from anyone who has been in there before as the Best Mate stand doesn't look appealing at all???

There's a Coral bookie in the Centaur behind the entrance so can back any other racing or do your lucky 15 or whatever you want in there. It's shortly after you enter the park. Just try getting paid out there after racing has finished! Packed!
    Just follow any signs for the Centaur - which is also a good spot for post drinking sessions as they'll have bands and stuff playing there! Get a lot of people watching all the racing in the Centaur too so there's generally a good buzz in there.

Other than that all you need to know is not to worry about transport to and from the park - buses running constantly to and from the train station and town. The hog roast they serve in the stalls inside is the best I've ever had so wouln't bother being overly concerned if you miss breakfast either!

Oh God, all this talk is really starting to give me a hard on! Roll on next week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Tatts tickets are fine for everyday except probably the Gold Cup, as youll only be able to see action on the big screen, it gets really packed..

It worth the extra 30 quid or so for Friday for the club passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

eoghan_85 wrote: »
    Been the last 2 years and was in the Club every time (which is next to Tattersalls) and the Tattersalls does seem ok, while obviously not as good as the club. Would also be interested to hear from anyone who has been in there before as the Best Mate stand doesn't look appealing at all???

There's a Coral bookie in the Centaur behind the entrance so can back any other racing or do your lucky 15 or whatever you want in there. It's shortly after you enter the park. Just try getting paid out there after racing has finished! Packed!
    Just follow any signs for the Centaur - which is also a good spot for post drinking sessions as they'll have bands and stuff playing there! Get a lot of people watching all the racing in the Centaur too so there's generally a good buzz in there.

Other than that all you need to know is not to worry about transport to and from the park - buses running constantly to and from the train station and town. The hog roast they serve in the stalls inside is the best I've ever had so wouln't bother being overly concerned if you miss breakfast either!

Oh God, all this talk is really starting to give me a hard on! Roll on next week!!!

Thanks a mill the way wednesday looks at cheltenham it will probably be down to the other meetings to try and make a few quid! Would you slip into club or are they strict on checking the badges! Its easy enough to get into the better areas at aintree just watch your chance! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Another day ticked off on my Cheltenham calendar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eoghan_85

Thanks a mill the way wednesday looks at cheltenham it will probably be down to the other meetings to try and make a few quid! Would you slip into club or are they strict on checking the badges! Its easy enough to get into the better areas at aintree just watch your chance! :)

I saw a few people getting turned away from club area on a few occasions alright but I'm not sure how hard it is to sneak in, as I always had the badge on the days I was there.
    At the end of the day I think there are only two real benefits to the club - it's easier to get served at the bar but more importantly, you can go down to the finishing post. I'd say it'd be easy enough to get down to the finishing post area if you try and do it straight after a race - that's when you'll get the biggest push towards you away from that area and i'd say it's worth a shot then. That's what I'll be trying this year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

aidankkk wrote: »
    Tatts tickets are fine for everyday except probably the Gold Cup, as youll only be able to see action on the big screen, it gets really packed..

It worth the extra 30 quid or so for Friday for the club passes.
    Or else just slip in without a badge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Urban Seas Runs favourite band too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Course going as 8am today.old and new course good/good to firm in places.Cross country course good to firm.Watering has started as there is little chance of any significant rain.Soft ground horses are in big trouble..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

sting60 wrote: »
    Course going as 8am today.old and new course good/good to firm in places.Cross country course good to firm.Watering has started as there is little chance of any significant rain.Soft ground horses are in big trouble..

Unless they over water for the first day !!!

4 more sleeeeeeeeps !!!! Whooooo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

I pity people that will never know this excitement and anticipation

I'm more excited about this than when I was losing my virginity

LOL jk, I was never with a girl

UrbanSea wrote: »
    LOL jk, I was never with a girl

What was his name then?

Richie Lawlor

He's got over that bout of erectile disfunction then. Good on him.
    :)

• Advertisement

I never said that Slattsy

Advertisement