Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tomorrowland 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

jesus that looks unreal. I really wish i was about ten years younger and i would be all over that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Comrade C

It has to be the most effective advertisement in the world :D ! Never too late mon!!! Check prodigy! Hitting their 50's and still popping pills like there's no tomorrow :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I'm probably going to go myself but reckon its a bit early for a thread. Anyone who has been, what's the transport like. Heard its a plane and two trains.

• Advertisement

Have you looked on the actual website. Ticket prices are there and are a bargain compared to Irish festivals. Get flights and a ticket cheaper than anything here. Hopefully nature one will be on the following weekend. Make a little holiday out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Defo gonna make my debut at this in 2012 - Looks like best festival going in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Patsy_13

anyone ever gone before? looks brilliant and bunch of us debating about going!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Flights working out about 80 for it!! Very tempted to book them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

mooeire wrote: »
    Flights working out about 80 for it!! Very tempted to book them

Thats the Ryanair ones?
    Look at their fees for baggage...Tomorrowland is peak season, some flights are €90 a bag wtf :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭klose

This is all over my news feed on facebook everyone wants to go, some have even booked it off in work already:rolleyes:
    Id love to go, then again id love to see metallica (varied music taste) Camping tickets rumoured at 200 even which I would recon is good seeing as it will attract the biggests and best djs, has anyone gone before? any tips/how to get to and from?
    I cant even begin to imagine the amount of planning that would go into it..

1st act announced - Guetta. Ticket info announced on Feb 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Thinking of going with a few mates ever since Oxegen was canceled. Went to Electric Picnic last summer and loved it, but I can't help but fear what it'll be like this year. Very different crowds at both and a lot of the Oxegen crowd will no doubt end up going to Picnic as a result.

yea I hear that alot about the diff type of crowds at each of these. Prob work out cheaper goin to this anyway. I watched it online in July and was best ive seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fk_K1xjLDA

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Thats the Ryanair ones?
    Look at their fees for baggage...Tomorrowland is peak season, some flights are €90 a bag wtf :mad:

Sure a few pairs of shorts and few tshirts will fit in a carry on bag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Does everybody camp out like oxegen? I'd be interested in hearing from people who've been before as I'm considering going myself this year just not sure where to start

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭oorrccaa

Going here myself.
    Fly to either Charleroi or Eindhoven. Both two hours away from Boom.

Train to Antwerp Return. (50euro)

Tomorrowland 3 Day Tickets. (150-200?)

Don't have a clue about where you sleep. Is it like oxygen. Just sleep in a tent ? Or a hotel/hostel. Do you get the tents here or do you buy over there. Can't find those answers.

Fatboy Slim was confirmed Today :D

I'd imagine there will be loads of Irish at it this year. Especially seen as Oxygen is cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 endacolm123

where did u buy ur tickets for it?? who d best to book ur flights with?? was considerin goin ta amsterdam first den gettin a train from there then... make a right good week out of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Joeys94

Your best shout would be flying into Brussels, seeming as its only a 50minute train journey to Antwerp where Tomorrowland takes place, and from what I've read you can get your train for around €12.
    Don't have a clue about where you sleep. Is it like oxygen. Just sleep in a tent ? Or a hotel/hostel. Do you get the tents here or do you buy over there. Can't find those answers.

There definitely is camping, but you have to get a separate ticket for that, almost the same set up as Oxegen as they have Standard and Luxury at different prices.

Planning on going myself with a group. Can see Ryan Air bumping up the flights, already at €125 from the 26th-30th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Hoggy1000

Yeah I really wanna go out to this.

Flights home on the 30th are at 6.30 aswell so it could be dodge aswell as Im guessing the festival is going to end at 12 and I can put money there is partys all night. I dont think I'll have the money for it to be honest, Already heading to spain at the end of the summer for a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Hoggy1000 wrote: »
    Yeah I really wanna go out to this.

Flights home on the 30th are at 6.30 aswell so it could be dodge aswell as Im guessing the festival is going to end at 12 and I can put money there is partys all night. I dont think I'll have the money for it to be honest, Already heading to spain at the end of the summer for a week

Anyone have a cost estimate? What price are the tickets?

Says 220 on some site

http://www.viagogo.ie/Concert-Tickets/Festivals/Festival-Tomorrowland-Tickets

I htink they do hotel packages too, pick you up in the morning and drop you off at night. They had prices on the website last year. Didnt seem too expensive. Wish I had the money for this :( Although first name announced was David Guetta. I ****in hate that ****

I done a general price up a few weeks ago and was working out about 500 for flights, ticket and staying in a hotel or b&b for two or three nights. Dont think I could do the whole camping thing again

I done a general price up a few weeks ago and was working out about 500 for flights, ticket and staying in a hotel or b&b for two or three nights. Dont think I could do the whole camping thing again

I estimated it to be around the same but could save yourself over 100euro if you camp. Believe me Belgium is nothing like here, I was there April last year and it was over 30 degrees. Plus after a long day of throwing yourself around I could imagine that a tent wouldn't be so bad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Matt1983

Joey94,
    Is tomorrowland not on in a place called Boom about 30km from Brussels???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Jesus I'm mad to go. There's fcuk all info on the website. Like can you reserve tickets or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Anybody know if this sold out last year??? And if so how quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I think it sold out over 4 days last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Yeah just seen it their now, 5 days.

Flights are 109 is the best i can see on skyscanner, Tickets were 135 last year, Hotel for 130 for the four days.

Looking about 400 all in and then money for trains and taxis plus spending money could make it an expensive weekend, But well worth it.

Can't wait now.

• Advertisement

Matt1983 wrote: »
    Joey94,
    Is tomorrowland not on in a place called Boom about 30km from Brussels???

Yes it is, Boom is in Antwerp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement