Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free stuff for music lessons

• 05-01-2012 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

seen a thread earlier and it gave me an idea
    a chap was looking for free guitar lessons , ok he wanted them on the promise he would join the teachers band and take over the world but as they say come up with the idea first and let the moneymen worry about how to make money off it.
    so if an accomplished drummer were to need a man with a van , or if a guitar teacher needed his bonzai tree trimmed<karate kid style> and was willing to offer lessons as payment post here and to humour me see where it goes
    i would strongly recommend against offering lessons if you arnt really at that stage cause if i fitted a bathroom for someone and all they could teach me was the go f yourself chord i would be a very upset young grasshopper
    i think even bands needing a gunther to help carry stuff would let a chap sit in with them now and again and play along or something in return for the legwork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

cloptrop wrote: »
    seen a thread earlier and it gave me an idea
    a chap was looking for free guitar lessons , ok he wanted them on the promise he would join the teachers band and take over the world but as they say come up with the idea first and let the moneymen worry about how to make money off it.
    so if an accomplished drummer were to need a man with a van , or if a guitar teacher needed his bonzai tree trimmed<karate kid style> and was willing to offer lessons as payment post here and to humour me see where it goes
    i would strongly recommend against offering lessons if you arnt really at that stage cause if i fitted a bathroom for someone and all they could teach me was the go f yourself chord i would be a very upset young grasshopper
    i think even bands needing a gunther to help carry stuff would let a chap sit in with them now and again and play along or something in return for the legwork

Great idea !! In a recession you cant beat the old bartering system to replace hard currency. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

yep and you cannt tax barter lol, or would i have to go and fix the governments boiler 23 per cent of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 37 benestoria2

are you aware of the concept "drug mule"?....

you want to give guitar lessons in return for transporting copius amounts of drugs through international borders,
    must be very frickin good lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keyboardcook

MODS. Any chance of a forum section dedicated to barter?

Times are what they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

MODS. Any chance of a forum section dedicated to barter?

Times are what they are
    It's not down to us mods. Try posting a thread here.

if a guitar teacher needs a plumber ill offer plumbing services for guitar lessons , within reason .
    the ball has started rolling

bass lessons?

i see this isnt working , what about a decent bass amp , there must be someone there with either the skills to give a few lessons on guitar , theory lessons on bass or have a spare bass amp that needs a dripping tap fixed or a dodgy pump sorted or something

Advertisement