Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allens opening in William Street

• 24-10-2011 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

I see a new shop Allens, is opening on William St where Sasha's used to be beside Currys. Looks like a home and gift store. Best of luck to them. Its nice in the climate to see a shop opening especially in the city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

Yes, agreed. I think Allens have shops in Kilkenny and Carlow so it's good to see an Irish owned business expanding and especially good to see a business opening a shop in Limerick city centre, considering how things are at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Dam, I read this as Aliens and was all excited :)
    Sadly this store is purely of earth origins.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

Yeah, it's sad it's of earthly origin... Imagine all that ET memorabilia :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Ooh they look nice
    http://www.allens.ie/

Hope they are opening soon, might pick up a few xmas presents, as there are very few other places in Limerick that I have found for nice / unusual presents to date :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Looks really cool! opening Thursday did I see on the door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I'm from Kilkenny originally and we have an Allens there. It's great for things like wedding or christening gifts as they do lots of nice wine glass sets and picture frames. They also have a huge bedding selection and kitchenware stuff.

They kind of do a bit of everything in terms of homeware but the quality is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I saw an Allens in Athlone today and if it is the same one my missus will love it because they sell crap we don't need like home accessories and stuff. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Well i went in for a look today and the place was mobbed. Beautiful shop. Fine array of gifts. Quirky and unusual as well as the usual Irish suspects ala Newbridge and Waterford Crystal. Bought some nice pottery pieces as presents and very reasonable. Neat kitchen section too! Best of luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Just reading this post and was thinking would be lovely to go in and have a look in there tomorrow. Guess what - they're closed on a Sunday - (and Bank Holidays). For a new shop - that's not a good way to attract new customers. Then again, what would you expect from a city that shuts down at 5,30 on a Saturday and doesn't open again 'til Monday @ 9am!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

D`ont tell the wife,

• Advertisement
Advertisement