Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

RT66 wrote: »
    I was working at putting together some IKEA sh1t today when I heard what sounded like a burst pipe in another room. I followed the noise to one of my bikes and discovered that it had decided to spontaneously puncture. I didn't have the bike out today so no idea what caused it. There's a new Conti GP4000 on it with only about 250km. I'm hoping it has nothing to do with the tyre. I'll open it up in the morning and have a look. Grrr!! I hate gremlins.

Mystery solved, and of course idiocy was at the heart of it.
    I was mending punctures last week while watching Game of Thrones. I applied glue to the area around the puncture and decided I needed to apply more as the patch was bigger than the sticky area. So I applied more, but wasn't really paying attention coz some blonde bint was causing a distraction. Then I couldn't see the puncture any more but it had to be in the middle of the sticky bit so that's where I put the patch.
    It wasn't in the middle. I patched an area around 5mm away from the puncture. I did the TdeB and a couple of commutes with glue holding the tube together. When the room the bike was in heated up during the day, the glue softened and the puncture opened up again. The patch looked on helplessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

tonycombat wrote: »
    I luv this woman, who ever she is

In my opinion, she's certainly the best looking of this trio.

210605.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭buffalo

New jersey, not that different to the old jersey:

Garmin_Sharp_jersey_12-1.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

New Orica - Green Edge kit

AwYH-L4CAAA5bHe.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Maybe we should create a generic pro-discussion thread where we could put all these ^^ stuff about gear/teams/riders/etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Timmah! wrote: »
    +1 for MacDonals on Wexford st.
    In the past month they have given me some cage nuts, a pad spacer for a disk brake and two spanners free of charge.
    I know these aren't costly items and they must have loads lying around but I was still surprised to be handed them foc.
    I'll be back.
    they looked after me a couple of times too. free bearings for an old bottom bracket one time, wouldnt take any money.

I'd put them in my top 3 bike shops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭Ryath

These are our daughter's favourite biscuits. If anyone knows where to find them in Dublin, it'd be great. Great for conversations from the back of the trailer, "A lion! Rarrr!" Om nom nom.

016392.jpg

Never seen those ones but have got these from M&S a few times, Kids seem to like them but I don't think there is a biscuit or cookies as she calls them my 2year old would not demolish a pack of if she got the chance. By the way thanks for the recipe for the chocolate thumb print cookies last year like making them with peanut butter myself nom nom.

20120328-083942.jpg?w=510

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

animal crackers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

05024121617300.png

These are similar also, can get them in Tesco and I think Dunnes, and now online apparently on the Organix website.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

ThisRegard wrote: »
    05024121617300.png

These are similar also, can get them in Tesco and I think Dunnes, and now online apparently on the Organix website.

They can lead to terrible misunderstandings though:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Ryath wrote: »
    Never seen those ones but have got these from M&S a few times

Those look identical, thanks for the tip!

I also have an excellent recipe for chocolate cheesecake brownies, maybe I should go and find the food and drink forum instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

All PIIGS final perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Was in a shop and on the radio was Sidewalking by The Jesus & Mary Chain.
    I haven't heard that song in over 20 years, used to love that band.
    Class tune. Need to get out my old record collection to ensure that that length of time does not pass again before I hear some of my favourite bands.

Was anyone watching the Wimbledon game? Unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Was anyone watching the Wimbledon game? Unbelievable!
    yeah caught end after the football served it out well, everyone set for the tour this saturday have had few bets and done up a nice preview which hopefully will have the right pointers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Even though John Lennon was shot a month after I was born, I have a huge love of the Beatles. I remember I saw Paul McCartney walking along the road in Geneva and I could do nothing but stare with my mouth wide open. I've since had to meet many famous people through work but seeing Sir Paul. The Bealtes are in my opinion the greatest of all time, there's 13 albums of quality there. A lot of bands have produced better albums but only one or two, I think the Beatles produced 13 albums of quality, they didn't have a bad album.
    Here's a much overplayed song but in HQ

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

http://www.veloderoute.com/information/5612/cannondale-les-nouveautes-2013

c9e527c206cb2f46f19013d6f69e355b134081747534.jpg

655gr frame :O DO WANT! I accept paypal donations, thanks!

have to say iv already taken to new look boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just in case anyone didn't see the post in the cycling bargain alerts thread, Lidl bike stands go on sale on Monday July 2nd :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79450625&postcount=805

might be of interest to those who like a punt on cycling

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5vRi1j1m7swTjFmUkwwTjF5TFk

preview i did up, bets at end pick and choose anything might fancy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

manafana wrote: »
    might be of interest to those who like a punt on cycling

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5vRi1j1m7swTjFmUkwwTjF5TFk

preview i did up, bets at end pick and choose anything might fancy

Some nice work there manafana, perhaps you should post it in the Tour de France general thread too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

AstraMonti wrote: »
    http://www.veloderoute.com/information/5612/cannondale-les-nouveautes-2013

c9e527c206cb2f46f19013d6f69e355b134081747534.jpg

655gr frame :O DO WANT! I accept paypal donations, thanks!

Nice - it even stands without any visible means of support:)

As for money.....

According to the World Health Organization, the going price for the seller of a kidney is around $5,000. The broker who purchases the kidney then goes on to sell it to wealthy transplant patients for prices between $100,000 to $200,000.

......just sayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

While commuting recently I was loudly called "a skinny f'ckin pr1ck" by a car driver who, ironically, was the physical embodiment of the answer to the question "Who ate all the pies?". He'd been driving in the cycle lane in order to undertake a line of stopped traffic, and seemed to take offence at me shaking my head at his actions.

The tone of his voice, and the slight frothing at the mouth as he yelled the phrase, suggested that he didn't mean it as a compliment. Which got me wondering about when "skinny" became a term of abuse. Variations on "you're fat!" have been used as a mindless form of abuse for as long as I can remember, but "you're skinny!" is a supposed insult I've not encountered before. Have we as a species come up with a new insult? Is there no limit to the abilities of the human race?

...oh, and I'm not skinny, I'm just small-boned, okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

@doozerie, tbh "scrawny" is a better term of abuse.

The obvious retort is "I dowan ree-member YOUR MA complainen laaaaas noi".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I suspect he ate his ma, I think he was eyeing me up as a between-meals light snack. I fled before he brought out the Chantilly (low-cal, naturally).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Can anyone offer any opinions on this bike as a potential commuter bike? Looking to pick up something half decent, but reasonably priced for the 10km round trip, and don't fancy locking my decent bike outside college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

colm_gti wrote: »
    Can anyone offer any opinions on this bike as a potential commuter bike? Looking to pick up something half decent, but reasonably priced for the 10km round trip, and don't fancy locking my decent bike outside college.

It's got wheels and looks like it works. Simple.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to be clear - the closing of this thread was nothing to do with me !!!

I hope the Captain will be along in due course to provide an explanation - my guess is he wants to direct a bit more traffic towards the Tour de Kilkenny thread...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Beasty wrote: »
    Just to be clear - the closing of this thread was nothing to do with me !!!

I hope the Captain will be along in due course to provide an explanation - my guess is he wants to direct a bit more traffic towards the Tour de Kilkenny thread...

Are you suggesting that I would deliberately close threads so all we had to talk about was Ireland's most awesome cycling event: the Tour de Kilkenny? I would never do that :rolleyes:

Sorry for locking the campervan everyone, I closed the wrong thread.
    Tour de Kilkenny, do it

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Phew!! he's re-opened it - I don't know how you all coped for 51 minutes on a Friday afternoon without your Camper Van fix ...;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement