Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brian Cowan in Belmullet today

• 17-07-2010 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

A chance to thank him for his wonderful handling of the economy, and his parties generous gift of all your oil and gas to a multi national so they can sell it back to you.:D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Thanks. Me and my M40A3 need some hands on practice! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I'd like to thank him for making ireland the eight wonder of the world ,with the help of his banker friends.

Ireland the black hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Maebh

Whereabouts is he gonna be? And how come he's visiting? As in, what's his visit in relation to specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Maybe you could direct him to a short pier and suggest a long walk

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Opening a new medical center for a friend

• Advertisement

He'd be better off opening a lunatic home for his party mates!
    ...Seeing as they are choosing to live under delusions of grandeur.

On second thoughts, hang on - they are ...and we are paying for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

and getting well paid for it too I'd imagine, can't wait to see something emerge as the summer progresses that might explain why the extension of holidays was needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

How many people here have actually met and talked to the man?

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    How many people here have actually met and talked to the man?
    I.

...And had words with Bertie too and a lot of FF heads.

Biggins wrote: »
    I.

And what did you think of them? I met them a few years ago when I was younger and they both were very nice people.

Not good leaders however.

Biggins, why do I suddenly have visions of someone with a placard yelling at them? haha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

I.

I have not, but I have seen what his policies have gotten us. But in saying that, the fella from Castlebar does not fill me with confidence either

And what did you think of them? I met them a few years ago when I was younger and they both were very nice people.

Not good leaders however.

Biggins, why do I suddenly have visions of someone with a placard yelling at them? haha :D

Well Bertie for a start is a LOT smaller than he appears on screen.
    He always gets the camera men to film him from certain angles and not others.
    As a character, he's witty. Like Haughty though he's VERY street-smart and as sharp as a good knife.
    He can also be very quickly arrogant.

A lot of the FF heads that I have met in their HQ offices and at local level are very sure of themselves. While this is NOT necessarily a bad thing, a lot of them though go on like they feel its a god (not human) given right to treat the public like sheep to be herded and walked over daily, in their attitude to them.

I guess that attitude comes from being far, far too long in power.

Well Bertie for a start is a LOT smaller than he appears on screen.
    He always gets the camera men to film him from certain angles and not others.
    As a character, he's witty. Like Haughty though he's VERY street-smart and as sharp as a good knife.
    He can also be very quickly arrogant.

A lot of the FF heads that I have met in their HQ offices and at local level are very sure of themselves. While this is NOT necessarily a bad thing, a lot of them though go on like they feel its a god (not human) given right to treat the public like sheep to be herded and walked over daily, in their attitude to them.

I guess that attitude comes from being far, far too long in power.
    Yeah I would agree with that Biggins.

The impression I got of Cowen and Bertie was that of two intelligent men. Bertie is a very charismatic guy. Very approachable too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The impression I got of Cowen and Bertie was that of two intelligent men. Bertie is a very charismatic guy. Very approachable too.

I personally know a few people who would say otherwise re approachable!

Maybe it depends on how many brown envelopes you have with you while approaching ?

Also, the charisma is subjective......he has always come across to me as a dodgy used-car salesman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I personally know a few people who would say otherwise re approachable!

Maybe it depends on how many brown envelopes you have with you while approaching ?

Also, the charisma is subjective......he has always come across to me as a dodgy used-car salesman.

I've met him a couple of times. He does have charm/charisma ,I wouldn't call him approachable because he was very forward with me ,almost intimidating.

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    I've met him a couple of times. He does have charm/charisma ,I wouldn't call him approachable because he was very forward with me ,almost intimidating.
    After five minutes with him, I sorta get the creeps. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I have not, but I have seen what his policies have gotten us. But in saying that, the fella from Castlebar does not fill me with confidence either

Haughey you mean? Sure he's long gone :D

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

This is a discussion forum. For, y'know, discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement