Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Israel attacks Aid Flotilla. At least 2 dead

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055925835

Reported number of dead is now 16 apparently and also word that the Israeli embassy in Istanbul has been stormed by those angered at the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055925835

Reported number of dead is now 16 apparently and also word that the Israeli embassy in Istanbul has been stormed by those angered at the news.

Sorry I didn't see your thread. France 24 has said that casualty numbers are rising and at least 20 volunteers are now dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭halkar

This is sick. Hope MV Rachel Corrie is alright around there.

Israel should be thrown out of UN with sanction by every country in the world. Let them have the taste of their own medicine :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

These people are animals.How in gods name can they do this.I hope something is done about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

The oppressed become oppressor (in fairness this happened a long time ago). The sad truth of Israel is how little they've learned from their own history. They rightly deserve the condemnation of the world. I personally will be boycotting any products made in Israel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

I commented in AH, also here: firstly, it's not yet clear what happened. Israelis report having being attacked, and I could see some truth to that, so we will have to see what happens there.

Secondly, Hamas are also "animals" - they murdered their elected counterparts in Gaza and have been dropping rockets on Israel. Go live nearby to that border and Israeli foreign policy makes more sense.

There is no good guy in this, and if I were Israel I'd have done this differently. But these protestors were delivering a terrorist organization a huge victory as well as aid to civilians.

Nijmegen wrote: »
    I commented in AH, also here: firstly, it's not yet clear what happened. Israelis report having being attacked, and I could see some truth to that, so we will have to see what happens there.

Secondly, Hamas are also "animals" - they murdered their elected counterparts in Gaza and have been dropping rockets on Israel. Go live nearby to that border and Israeli foreign policy makes more sense.

There is no good guy in this, and if I were Israel I'd have done this differently. But these protestors were delivering a terrorist organization a huge victory as well as aid to civilians.
    Hey are you listening at all?The boats are not in isreali waters, they are civilians on a boat in international waters.Today people are after getting murdered .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Yes, the commandos were attacked by blood thirsty aid workers. Those poor commandos were lucky to get out alive to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

digme wrote: »
    These people are animals.How in gods name can they do this.I hope something is done about this.

Nothing will be done, well, maybe a token slap in the backside by the US and the UN. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Memnoch wrote: »
    I personally will be boycotting any products made in Israel.

Hello, good morning.. Like erm, Israeli Potatos?. See Sig...

You know the processor in your computer was likely designed by an Israeli, or the SMS messages you'll send today condemning Israel was developed by Israeli's - in Israel?.

• Advertisement

Hey are you listening at all?The boats are not in isreali waters, they are civilians on a boat in international waters.Today people are after getting murdered .

They were ships with an intent to run a blockade, wait till they're inshore and it's too late. Plus, you come in range of the guns of the peace loving Hamas.

Well what happens if they murdered an Irish person today?What do we do?Kick out a diplomat for a week?There are many Irish people in that aid convoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

... You know the processor in your computer was likely designed by an Israeli, or the SMS messages you'll send today condemning Israel was developed by Israeli's - in Israel?.

Does that legitimise killing humanitarian aid volunteers?

They were ships with an intent to run a blockade, wait till they're inshore and it's too late. Plus, you come in range of the guns of the peace loving Hamas.
    Intent in international waters?Are you listening to yourself at all?So you murder the civilians before they get to your so called waters is it?Today people got butchered,it's a sick crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

The "attacked" Israelis were heavily armed commandos who had boarded the ship from helicopters in international waters. Seeing the videos from the ship, they opened fire with gas and live ammunition on unarmed civilians. No amount of spin will put Israel in a good light after this. They have finally exposed themselves for the arrogant rogue state that they have become.

As to hamas "also being animals", are you saying that the "Democratic State of Israel" is no better than "terrorists" ?
    I would agree with that and it still doesn't excuse this cold blooded massacre of civilians

Hello, good morning.. Like erm, Israeli Potatos?. See Sig...

You know the processor in your computer was likely designed by an Israeli, or the SMS messages you'll send today condemning Israel was developed by Israeli's - in Israel?.

I will be checking any products I buy. If it says, "Made in Israel," I will not buy it.

Intent in international waters?Are you listening to yourself at all?So you murder the civilians before they get to your so called waters is it?Today people got butchered,it's a sick crime.

I don't think these people had made any secret of their intent?

We need to wait to hear what happened on those ships for sure. If Israeli troops were attacked upon boarding, it is a different matter. Let's not forger, as I read in ah, that sky news reported the Dail being stormed a few weeks back. Let's wait and see.

Hamas is being blockaded by Israel and Egypt. They shell Israel regularly. They are at war, and anyone trying to run that blockade will be stopped.

How the hell can you justify this?

"but these protesters were delivering a terrorist organiszation a huge victiory".

There is no bigger terrorist organistaion than the Isreali military. This attack against humanitarian workers is further evidence of that. You need to take your head out of the sand.

They are trying to spin this already by inserting into the news that they were attached with axes while trying to get onto someone else's boat in international waters,so they can do as they please with you.

I don't think these people had made any secret of their intent?

We need to wait to hear what happened on those ships for sure. If Israeli troops were attacked upon boarding, it is a different matter. Let's not forger, as I read in ah, that sky news reported the Dail being stormed a few weeks back. Let's wait and see.

Hamas is being blockaded by Israel and Egypt. They shell Israel regularly. They are at war, and anyone trying to run that blockade will be stopped.
    So you think the aid convoy opened fire on the isreali commandos so is it?
    Now i know your just having a laugh.

• Advertisement

How the hell can you justify this?

"but these protesters were delivering a terrorist organiszation a huge victiory".

There is no bigger terrorist organistaion than the Isreali military. This attack against humanitarian workers is further evidence of that. You need to take your head out of the sand.
    Hamas shells innocent Israelis on a regular basis. What the hell is Israel supposed to do, let them do whatever? They're at war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Does that legitimise killing humanitarian aid volunteers?

You know thats not what I'm saying.

I just laugh when people go on about boycotting Israeli products, when the same people won't boycott Eygptian products despite the fact Egypt imposes similiar, no in fact worse security measures against the people of Gaza.

One question, why do Gazans choose treatment in Israeli hospitals (and get their appointments) and not Egyptian hospitals?.. Would it be because they're denied equal treatment by their Arab neighbours?.

Lets boycott Egypt while we're at it too if thats the case..

So you think the aid convoy opened fire on the isreali commandos so is it?
    Now i know your just having a laugh.

And you know, for a fact, exactly what happened do you?

I know what didn't happen.I also see how you are controlling around 10 peoples energy on this issue with your funny postings.

You know thats not what I'm saying.

I just laugh when people go on about boycotting Israeli products, when the same people won't boycott Eygptian products despite the fact Egypt imposes similiar, no in fact worse security measures against the people of Gaza.

One question, why do Gazans choose treatment in Israeli hospitals (and get their appointments) and not Egyptian hospitals?.. Would it be because they're denied equal treatment by their Arab neighbours?.

Lets boycott Egypt while we're at it too if thats the case..

Wait, when was the last time the Egyptians shot up a boat filled with aid workers providing aid to refugees? Or for that matter, when did Egypt stop aid from reaching innocent people?

I'm really not interested in turning this into a debate on Israel vs Egypt. You can laugh all you like, doesn't change what the Israelis have done or continue to do.

Hamas shells innocent Israelis on a regular basis. What the hell is Israel supposed to do, let them do whatever? They're at war.

Oh, so the Isreeli's are at war, yet when the Palistinians defend themselves, they are labled as terrorists. Such utter crap.

I know what didn't happen.I also see how you are controlling around 10 peoples energy on this issue with your funny postings.

There will always be deniers and people who will try to derail the issue by defending criminal regimes. I'm going to be ignoring them henceforth.

The fact is that the aid ships we're checked by international organisations before departing for Gaza to make sure there were no weapons on board, precisely so that the Israeli's couldn't use the excuse of provocation.

It's a beautiful circle. Israel murders journalists and prevents journalists from reporting on it's crimes. People who then defend Israel use this to claim ambiguity in their actions, typical spin and disinformation and it's all nonsense really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I hope obama comes out against this ,if not then there is more than one coward involved in this.

Memnoch, and others, if you feel tha ignoring opposing viewpoints is the best solution, I'd suggest a public forum is not the best place to be.

• Advertisement

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    I hope obama comes out against this ,if not then there is more than one coward involved in this.
    osama you mean? oh sorry he's the good guy who invades countries,oh wait,actually,obama ?He will be a good little girl and speak of the horrors etc on the news and then use his veto to assist isreal with their crimes against humanity, just like they always do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement