Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What phone to buy ?

Options
  • 29-06-2012 8:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi guys looking for some help in choosing a phone .

I have been using an iPhone for some time but now want to get myself a htc.

The thing is there is so many to choose from and I know nothing about them .

I'm only l��king to spend around €200 on a second hand one on adverts .

I wouldn't be a heavy user just emails and the odd call and text maybe the the odd game ,so would really appreciate any help .

Ps thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i'd hold off on getting a htc one x.... they are currently plagued with problems ranging from poor battery life, to overheating, to flickering screens.

i have a htc desire hd... it will be another 6 months before i can upgrade again. but as HTC are going to release ICS sometime in july/august for the DHD i might not bother getting a HTC One X.

then ill wait for the custom ice cold sandwich rom when the camera coding is fixed and put that on :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

What iPhone do you have? Even 2nd hand €200 wont get you a decent Android handset compared to an iPhone 4 or 4S.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭reganovich

You could just get a galaxy S2 for near enough to 200 these days..great phone and will be for a while yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

draffodx wrote: »
    What iPhone do you have? Even 2nd hand €200 wont get you a decent Android handset compared to an iPhone 4 or 4S.

Hi thanks for your reply.

ah It was only a 3GS..There seems to be good reviews about the htc sensation

I could wait a few weeks get an extra few quid together and go for the sensation ?

i'd hold off on getting a htc one x.... they are currently plagued with problems ranging from poor battery life, to overheating, to flickering screens.

i have a htc desire hd... it will be another 6 months before i can upgrade again. but as HTC are going to release ICS sometime in july/august for the DHD i might not bother getting a HTC One X.

then ill wait for the custom ice cold sandwich rom when the camera coding is fixed and put that on :P

Thank for reply 👍can ask what you think about the htc sensation ?

• Advertisement

Yea watch a few htc vs Samsung gs2 on you tube very impressive phones god

it's so hard to choose what to go for .

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

I'm glad to say that my HTC One X is suffering none of the above. It is a fabulous phone. My previous phone was a Desire. I'd go for a One X no bother if I was in the market again for a new phone.

Kesey The one x looks the must nuts I must say would love one but price is an issue . Maybe some day ;) . Can you tell me how you found the sensation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Blinkey, my prev phone was the HTC Desire, not the Sensation. My wife still has a Desire, so I can do a direct comparison. The One X is definitely the dog's danglies. The One X cost me €299 on an 18 month Meteor contract, €30 per month for 200 mins talk, 200 texts and 1 gb data.

if you can at all, make the stretch for the One X over the Sensation. You might get a good deal from one of the networks. I find Meteor makes the most sense for me, ESP as their rates for calls when in Europe are pretty good. With apps like Whatsapp and Cabbage it keeps the costs down.

Thanks Kesey much appreciated I'll look into that 👍.

the dogs danglies Haha I like that 😄....

• Advertisement
Advertisement