Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB - NON SEPA BILL PAYMENTS CURRENTLY RESTRICTED

• 22-05-2012 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭

I got this error message when attempting to do an online transfer to Halifax Bank of Scotland. It worked last month, anyone know why it not no longer works?
    NON SEPA BILL PAYMENTS CURRENTLY RESTRICTED

I think SEPA means Single European Payment Area.

I think the account is located in the UK, but transfers to it have been working for fine up to today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭daheff

if the amount is > 5,000 EUR then they wont be able to process it. Also if its too late in the day it might be passed their internal cutoff.

give their open24 a ring and see what they say (but i've found them unhelpful in the recent present!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Thanks for the reply. It was only e120. I doubt it was some internal deadline; it was before 4pm and I have been transferring to it for years at any time of day or night without a problem.

I wonder if it's some new restriction on money leaving the EuroZone! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

daheff was right! There is a time period, 3pm to 6pm where they won't allow transfers to non-SEPA compliant accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

I've just received the same message when I tried to pay my Ulster Bank MasterCard account from a Permanent TSB account.

This is completely ridiculous! Don't tell me I won't be able to pay the card until Monday morning.

Advertisement