Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tattoo artist recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The piece I posted is on my chest for 4 years now, and still looks that good. :D
    His speciality/preference would be dark/horror stuff from my experience, regardless of if it's black and grey or colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

The piece I posted is on my chest for 4 years now, and still looks that good. :D
    His speciality/preference would be dark/horror stuff from my experience, regardless of if it's black and grey or colour.

I think you may be confusing Rob Mulligan with Pawel there Damo ;).

Chest piece is quality though :).

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

^ No need to worry about the nipple showing! It's male, and that's a moob!

Is that a dig? :p

I think you may be confusing Rob Mulligan with Pawel there Damo ;).

Chest piece is quality though :).
    Oops, yeah, I'd meant Pawel!!! :o
    Is that a dig? :p
    Nah, just covering my own ass! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

Have to say when I was there in January I didnt like the whole eastern European vibe, I was sat there for five hour whilst Pawel, Kris, Michal and one customer all spoke amongst each other for the day, the only one who made an effort to speak English was Pzermo (I hope I have spelt that right) who is a really nice guy, the vibe had changed a lot from my previous visit.

i've been to skin city 4 times now for tattoo lasering and it was like that.felt like they were all talking about me but then again i'm a paranoid person.i agree with u on przemo.he really makes an effort in having the craic but then again he's the face of the shop and the person everyone deals with so he's bound to be friendly.the rest of the guys just seem to get on with their work in silence its just their mentality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Does anyone have a link to Kris's work in Skin City? I've been trying to get an apt with Pawel since I can't get Remis, and they're trying to get me to go to Kris for it - but won't send me a link to his work?!

On a side note, I found Kris Barnas in Wildcat who looks pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

TheBellJar wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to Kris's work in Skin City? I've been trying to get an apt with Pawel since I can't get Remis, and they're trying to get me to go to Kris for it - but won't send me a link to his work?!

Kris from wildcat did my one and only tattoo and I love it!! He's very talented and fast so you don't end up paying a lot. Besides he's such a nice guy! No bad attitude or weird vibes with him. I recommend him and will probably be back for more soon.

Kris from wildcat did my one and only tattoo and I love it!! He's very talented and fast so you don't end up paying a lot. Besides he's such a nice guy! No bad attitude or weird vibes with him. I recommend him and will probably be back for more soon.
    Just checked it out, thanks for that! Part of the concept I have in mind is a rose; different to yours but still nice to see an example of one he's done. I am tempted to just to hold out next yr to get Remis but it'd be great if I got someone similar who can do a good job of it a bit sooner! Looking at Tomash also.

TheBellJar wrote: »

What are you getting done? I haven't seen any of Kris' work, but Pawel is definitely worth waiting for.

Tomash also has an awesome portfolio.

What are you getting done? I haven't seen any of Kris' work, but Pawel is definitely worth waiting for.

Hard to explain on here without posting photos which I can't do at mo. But need someone good with detail/realism . Pawel might be worth waiting for but they seemed to be fobbing me off to one of the others despite me saying I already checked their work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

WOW...THAT REMIS GUY IS PHENOMINAL!!! How long is his waiting list??

i've been to skin city 4 times now for tattoo lasering and it was like that.felt like they were all talking about me but then again i'm a paranoid person.i agree with u on przemo.he really makes an effort in having the craic but then again he's the face of the shop and the person everyone deals with so he's bound to be friendly.the rest of the guys just seem to get on with their work in silence its just their mentality

Yeh it wasnt always that way in there though When Paolo and Danny were there there was a great vibe in the place, but dont get me wrong it wouldnt stop me from going there or ever recommending there artists because some the work they put out is fantastic, it was just a more enjoyable experience in the past.
    billy2012 wrote: »
    WOW...THAT REMIS GUY IS PHENOMINAL!!! How long is his waiting list??

This should answer your question

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056940579

They have some of Kris work up on there facebook his stuff is good but theres also not a lot of it to judge him by but what is there is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

I got a tattoo done by a guy in colourworks about 7ish years ago. Irish guy, in his 30's, maybe late 20's. Wasn't darren, anybody know who it may be, wouldn't mind checking out of his recent work. Think he might of lived in Rsthfarnham, but that could be completely wrong....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

They were all quietly working away, and when their friend came in they spoke in Polish but then they started joking with me a bit, which was funny.

To be honest I didn't give a f*ck at the time, I stand in silence for four or 5 hours a night as a bouncer so I'm happy enough keeping to myself.

Pawel did a fantastic job, I'd have negative things to say if the tattoo was a negative experience but it wasn't. At the end he looked very proud of his work and I shook his hand and went to the pub with my friends, pretty good experience overall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Kris has done one of my more recent pieces. Great vibe and fantastic artist IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

When I get a bit of money together I'm hoping to get this done on my leg (just the guy flying, no text or anything else). Might drop into Spilled Ink with it, heard great things about the place and the lads' work looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

When I get a bit of money together I'm hoping to get this done on my leg (just the guy flying, no text or anything else). Might drop into Spilled Ink with it, heard great things about the place and the lads' work looks amazing.

That link isn't working for me, but yeah, Spilled Ink are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Adiboo wrote: »
    That link isn't working for me, but yeah, Spilled Ink are awesome.

Oops, here it is:

ltj-hellorockview.jpg

Yeah, my manager in work had a piece done recently by Anto because she knows him, and it looked great. Have seen some of Paul's work on moshspace and it's incredible! I used to go to Wildcat but I think I've had my fill of that place now, wasn't happy the last time either. Looking for somewhere new :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

P_1 wrote: »
    Kris has done one of my more recent pieces. Great vibe and fantastic artist IMO
    I'm getting a sleeve done by Attila and have seen plenty of Kris's work while sitting next to him and think he's brilliant nice guy too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Lady Bee

Does anyone know if Skin City allow people to be in the room when you're getting a tattoo? I just found their website and they look incredible but I'm such a pain wimp I'd kinda like some company while getting it done and I know some places don't allow it :/

Lady Bee wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Skin City allow people to be in the room when you're getting a tattoo? I just found their website and they look incredible but I'm such a pain wimp I'd kinda like some company while getting it done and I know some places don't allow it :/

Yes generally they will allow it if you want to bring one friend along, no more I'd imagine because they can be a bit tight for space in there at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yes generally they will allow it if you want to bring one friend along, no more I'd imagine because they can be a bit tight for space in there at times.

It would need to be a quiet time. When I was there, there was two others in at one stage and that was the limit of the room. They must fecked trying to do ribs in there.

Orim wrote: »
    It would need to be a quiet time. When I was there, there was two others in at one stage and that was the limit of the room. They must fecked trying to do ribs in there.

Ah last time i was there got my chest done and was laid out on a bed along with another chap laid out on a bed who was having some work done on his leg by pawel, and there was still enough room for kris to do a small piece on some girl while her boyfriend watched. Was a bit tight though no doubting that.

Ah last time i was there got my chest done and was laid out on a bed along with another chap laid out on a bed who was having some work done on his leg by pawel, and there was still enough room for kris to do a small piece on some girl while her boyfriend watched. Was a bit tight though no doubting that.

Jasus, I must be remembering it a bit smaller then it is.

Orim wrote: »
    Jasus, I must be remembering it a bit smaller then it is.

Ah no it is pretty small your remembering right I think they just know how to work the space :)

I wouldn't have thought they could fit two beds in there. As you say they can work the space and I guess they don't bother if they don't need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lady Bee

Ah, I'm sure I'll manage if I have to. I've got an appointment with them for the end of the month and I'm beyond excited. This will be my first tattoo so I'm kind of clueless about how it all works but do you get to choose who does it or do they decide depending on who's free? Michal and Pawel's stuff is amazing, and from the little I've seen of a guy called Kris he seems pretty good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭obnicc

Does anyone have any information about Carol in Wildcat in Jervis?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Lady Bee wrote: »
    Ah, I'm sure I'll manage if I have to. I've got an appointment with them for the end of the month and I'm beyond excited. This will be my first tattoo so I'm kind of clueless about how it all works but do you get to choose who does it or do they decide depending on who's free? Michal and Pawel's stuff is amazing, and from the little I've seen of a guy called Kris he seems pretty good as well.

You normally specify who you want when you make the appointment, so for example you'd have an appointment with Michal for June 25th at 1pm rather than an appointment with skin city for that date and time, though I guess it could be left up to them to tell you who is best for the kind of tattoo you want.

Pawel is who I wanted so I booked him, had a three month waiting list, the others (at the time) had about 2 weeks of a wait.

For black and grey I'd go with Pawel, though the majority of his portfolio is colour (I think the quality of his black and grey work is far higher than his colour, though he prefers colour). Depends on the type of tattoo however.

Advertisement