Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tattoo artist recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Hey guys, can anyone recommend any artist that does good realistic work in the Dublin area? I am looking to discuss an idea of an animal. Was thinking more cartoony but on further thought decided to push more for realistic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

Hey guys, can anyone recommend any artist that does good realistic work in the Dublin area? I am looking to discuss an idea of an animal. Was thinking more cartoony but on further thought decided to push more for realistic

Hey there, I got my thighs tattooed with a realistic style (I said I wanted it to look like a painting) swan and peacock by Denise at Snakebite and loved her work. Check the studio out on Facebook, they've got a ton of pictures so you can see for yourself. Seen pretty pictures of foxes, deers, swallows etc. by her on their Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

shroomie wrote: »
    Hey all - just wondering if I could get an opinion here :)
    I'm looking to get a floral line drawing on my leg, quite big, vintage looking and very detailed - looks almost like a pen drawing! I do want to add colour, and a ribbon over it in the same style with text. I want to keep to this vintage intricate line drawing style (I'm not sure what it's called!) had a bit of trouble finding an artist who will do it! Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

Pop up a couple of examples of the style you're after and it will make it easier to recommend someone to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Has anyone used Monica Gomez in Dublin? How was the experience?

https://www.facebook.com/monica.tattooist/photos_stream?__nodl

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KimBlaides

Anyone have any good recommendations for tattoo artists in Dublin city? I have a few already and I've not had the best experiences with them so far. I like quite simplistic work, black line work with touches of colour, I just want someone who will be good quality, friendly and good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 gelber

hi guys

Im planning to get a half sleeve done (black & grey with a pocketwatch and roses) I've already booked an appointment at wildcat ink stephens green but I'm not sure if they're good enough (seen their portfolio and some of them I like some of them I don't) and I can't really see any fresh review on them. Is there anybody up here that had their ink done with them recently?
    Also I was thinking to go over to dublin ink(absolutely love their portfolio) but I cant find too many review of them, except the ones that are saying they are rude to their customers. I wouldn't mind spending a bit more on the tattoo if it means I get something special for it, I just can't decide if I should keep the appointment with wildcat or just find someone else...

hi guys

Im planning to get a half sleeve done I've already booked an appointment at wildcat ink stephens green but I'm not sure if they're good enough (seen their portfolio and some of them I like some of them I don't) and I can't really see any fresh review on them. Is there anybody up here that had their ink done with them recently?
    Also I was thinking to go over to dublin ink(absolutely love their portfolio) but I cant find too many review of them, except the ones that are saying they are rude to their customers. I wouldn't mind spending a bit more on the tattoo if it means I get something special for it, I just can't decide if I should keep the appointment with wildcat or just find someone else...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

gelber wrote: »
    hi guys

Im planning to get a half sleeve done (black & grey with a pocketwatch and roses) I've already booked an appointment at wildcat ink stephens green but I'm not sure if they're good enough (seen their portfolio and some of them I like some of them I don't) and I can't really see any fresh review on them. Is there anybody up here that had their ink done with them recently?

I know very little about Wildcat, but for the tattoo you're planning, Bruno Santos in Dublin Ink knocks these out on a regular basis. Check out his instagram, plenty of roses, pocket watches, compass and the like. So he doesn't seem to mind doing them and he does them very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Spilled Ink are pretty good, Anto and Phil both seem to do a lot of traditional pieces, Anto especially with the roses. Check out their Instagram!

And Paul Aherne who used to work there, his stuff is unreal...both black and grey, and colour. He's worth checking out too! He's done some really good black and grey portraits as well as great traditional style tattoos, so could be a good mix!

thanks guys for all your help I've just made an appointment today at dublin ink. it's is costing a bit more and I have to wait till may, but I think it'll worth it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Can anyone recommend the guys in swords ink at all? Getting my first tat next week hopefully, don't know where to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SparklesBlood

Hey guys, just moved to Cork and have no idea of tattoo artists, could do with a touch up around the ankles, so nothing big, but would be glad for a recommendation of someone good anywhere in Cork city or west cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭FMG

Fergal in Tattoo Zoo or Raul in Smiley dog are excellent .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 noellane02

I'm thinking of getting s Maori tattoo around my shoulder/upper arm. How much should this cost and where is the best place in Dublin to get this done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

noellane02 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting s Maori tattoo around my shoulder/upper arm. How much should this cost and where is the best place in Dublin to get this done.

7 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 noellane02

Big help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

noellane02 wrote: »
    Big help

Just to let you know, this question is asked allot, but can't be answered easily. The best thing you can do, is pull together some ideas for the design, decide where on your body you want it, and what scale, bring it to your preferred artist and ask for a quote... even then it will be difficult to get a price, because how long is a price of string... the artist will probably give you an hourly rate and give an estimate of how many hours it will take.

I would recommend paying a bit more for a great tattoo artist rather than saving a few euros, that is entirely up to you.

BTW, €7 is as accurate as any other estimation you'll get from random people on the internet without providing more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

Looking to get a small tattoo of roman numerals on my ankle. Just IX, never had a tattoo before so can anyone recommend a good place to go for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I'm literally 5 minutes out of Colour Works and I have to say, the job the artist did is fantastic. It is exactly what I wanted.

First tattoo so didn't know what to expect. Chest tatts are sore. Especially close to the nipple and armpit. But it's a nice pain, not unmanageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Peck3277 wrote: »
    Looking to get a small tattoo of roman numerals on my ankle. Just IX, never had a tattoo before so can anyone recommend a good place to go for it?

Anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Anyone have any dealings with the girl from kiltale ink, Co Meath? Her facebook stuff looks decent and it saves a trek to the city centre for some of the bigger studios.

rizzee wrote: »
    Anyone have any dealings with the girl from kiltale ink, Co Meath? Her facebook stuff looks decent and it saves a trek to the city centre for some of the bigger studios.

ireland it tiny, saving a trek shouldn be taken into consideration tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I completely understand and agree with you there, but if I wanted to get a small, simple design I shouldn't have to constantly pay over the odds for getting tattoo'd in a big named shop (Dublin ink etc), any tattoo artist with decent training and a good portfolio is worth looking at for something small :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

rizzee wrote: »

Took a look at the photos. I'd stay on the bus an extra half an hour and go to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

jenizzle wrote: »
    Took a look at the photos. I'd stay on the bus an extra half an hour and go to Dublin.

How people can look at photos like that and think "that looks good. I'll go there", blows my mind.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Adiboo wrote: »
    How people can look at photos like that and think "that looks good. I'll go there", blows my mind.

The kind of people who aren't fussed by straight lines, no depth, bad shading, cross-eyed portraits and no consistency :pac:

jenizzle wrote: »
    The kind of people who aren't fussed by straight lines, no depth, bad shading, cross-eyed portraits and no consistency :pac:

I'd love s good tribal band or me moths name, 80 quid? ****ing rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

Want to get some Arabic text written on inside of forearm, shown below, not too small (lettering approx 3cm high by 20cm long). First tattoo, so haven't a clue where to start or what to look for - based in Dublin, any assistance or direction would be most welcome. What kind of price should this be, ballpark?

علينا أولاً أن نغير أنفسنا

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Anyone else been in with Vlad in Connected Ink Temple Bar? Was in a while back and thought he was excellent.
    Curious as to what others might think or of the studio as I haven't seen it mentioned here yet.

I had him do my surname on my chest recently and he did a amazing job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 EamonTTT

Anyone know who would be the best for portrait tattoos with quite good detail?

Advertisement