Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PAYG Huawei Choices and Unlocking

• 28-01-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi,

I'm considering buying this phone (Huawei Ascend G300 ) for £105 on Amazon, as I am clueless about these things and the phone is locked to the Vodafone network, how do I go about unlocking it as I am on the 02 network?

Alternatively, emobile is selling the Huawei Ascend G330 for €150 which I suppose I would have to unlock too.

I just want a solid phone, nothing too flashy that I can take a couple of pictures with and use the internet on the move occasionally.

Any pointers appreciated.

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Most people get unlock codes for those off eBay. I remember most unlocking codes for the G330 disappearing, but that was a few weeks ago iirc. Search eBay for both I suppose.

In case you haven't seen them:

Huawei Ascend G300 thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056653168

Huawei Ascend G330 thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82000456

I have an Ascend G330 myself. Slightly creaky build quality, somewhat low earphone output, crash prone firmware and spelling correction that refuses to work properly. Not too bad for the money, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

abbey wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm considering buying this phone (Huawei Ascend G300 ) for £105 on Amazon, as I am clueless about these things and the phone is locked to the Vodafone network, how do I go about unlocking it as I am on the 02 network?

Alternatively, emobile is selling the Huawei Ascend G330 for €150 which I suppose I would have to unlock too.

I just want a solid phone, nothing too flashy that I can take a couple of pictures with and use the internet on the move occasionally.

Any pointers appreciated.

A

Get the G330 in emobile then get it unlocked.... Much snappier as its a dual core processor.

Advertisement