Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***Motors Chat Thread*** Round 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

andyseadog wrote: »
    @ shadowhearth i'm on all the good forums, just nothing decent within a reasonable distance to travel unfortunately.

i've also got the whole week off work to pursue this :D

I did such thing before like you - took holiday to find a car. Never worked out. All the cars crap or non on donedeal. Then ofc murphies law - as soon as holiday over some car goes up for sale that's perfect for you - fuuuuuuuuu!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Can anyone enlighten me as to the Ownership documents involved with a Polish car?

(looking at some of you regulars more than others :P)

Have a friend interested in a Polish registered car, so just need to know what kind of Docs we need to look out for when looking at it and if he buys it...

dar83 wrote: »
    Can anyone enlighten me as to the Ownership documents involved with a Polish car?

Have a friend interested in a Polish registered car, so just need to know what kind of Docs we need to look out for when looking at it and if he buys it...

Don't know about polish ones, but Lithuanian reg ones are imposible to sell on witouth going back to Lithuania.
    In Ireland you just change log book and send it out, back in Lithuania - you go to registration office, take car of registration, then put new owner on registration after full check up of vin codes by office etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

I have few polish friends, if you want. Can give a call and ask.

What does your friend want to do? He is Irish and wants to buy polish car and put if on Irish plates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

andyseadog wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3388134

seen this boyo of an add when searching the word "glanza"

seemed like the friendly sort so i said id give him a wind up via text :)

me : how much for the mazda
    him : make an offer
    me : 300
    him : nahh ur alri
    me : how much do you want for it then? i've been looking for a 323 hatch
    him : were bouts r yeh
    me : bray

that is the word for word conversation with nothing removed, that is also where the conversation ended.

i have no interest in the car and just text him for that laugh, i also thing 300 is a good offer on that car with no tax or test and structural corrosion.

edit : just seen this http://m.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2991633
    NO TIMEWASTERS R CLOWNS WASOEVER

DONT TEXT ME ACTIN D MAGGET KUZ YEH WILL BE TOLD WERE T GO END OF..

He clearly found that car!

i should really stop typing in "skyline" in to donedeal search engine... i just got a boner and i felt in love. its perfect for my budget too. i know misses will stab me if i show her this:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3395930

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

i should really stop typing in "skyline" in to donedeal search engine... i just got a boner and i felt in love. its perfect for my budget too. i know misses will stab me if i show her this:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3395930

Tease much?! :p

CianRyan wrote: »

i LOVE r32 GTR, but its a bit too expencive for me. though that 4 door is just perfect! :o not much discription though, if it has proper nct and is standart apart from those few things i would be tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I've been looking at RX8's again for the past few weeks even though I have no intention of buying one. I'm only depressing myself at the thought of having one as a "weekend" car :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Make sure you check and check again for crash damage. Mental drivers over there (last time I was there, I had someone pass me on a blind corner only to slam on the brakes 50m's down the road to turn onto another road) Labour rates are a lot cheaper in Poland, so a lot of badly crashed cars make it back onto the roads fully repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

i LOVE r32 GTR, but its a bit too expencive for me. though that 4 door is just perfect! :o not much discription though, if it has proper nct and is standart apart from those few things i would be tempted.

The GTR's been up there for MONTHS, I'd say you could offer him €7k and he'd eat it out of your hands.
    If it's not too far it might be worth a look at least. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Woke up early to do a bit of work, nearly got decapitated by a bird coming out of the shed!

Left with this,
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/45314_10151753890910176_805400175_24550509_1286946122_n.jpg

Crap everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I wish I had as interestring life as Limerickman, I woke up and smoked a fag and that about it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Woke up early to do a bit of work, nearly got decapitated by a bird coming out of the shed
    Crap everywhere!

Thats why i own shotguns:D

I wish I had as interestring life as Limerickman, I woke up and smoked a fag and that about it. :(

i would take a fag over **** on my car any day of the week. ( and i am not a smoker! )

i would take a fag over **** on my car any day of the week. ( and i am not a smoker! )

:pac: Suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Cup of coffee and a fag.........hookers breakfast:D
    Cup of tea and a fag.............knackers breakfast
    Ducks breakfast.......?

A drink of water and a look around:)
    Ill get me coat

I went into work this morning to find the place being audited by apple:eek:

pred racer wrote: »
    Cup of coffee and a fag.........hookers breakfast:D
    Cup of tea and a fag.............knackers breakfast
    Ducks breakfast.......?

A drink of water and a look around:)
    Ill get me coat

I went into work this morning to find the place being audited by apple:eek:

What about a shot of powers and a fag?

A look around for what? a fag? :confused:

Riiiight....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Today is yet another attempt at giving up for me!

Best of luck with it mate. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Tenner says youre on them again by friday

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Best of luck man.

Gary ITR wrote: »

That is a very regular occurrence with me so I won't be taking that bet:)

But have other reasons to try and get off them, they are really holding me back when I go running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

That is a very regular occurrence with me so I won't be taking that bet:)

But have other reasons to try and get off them, they are really holding me back when I go running.
    I thought i could motivate you!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Try electronic cigarettes. ;)

hmmmm talked to misses about that skyline over the phone. ill show her pics, but she is sort of cool with it. OFC i would only touch it if its standartish engine wise and have/can pass nct with no work needed to be done...

i am really cursed ffs, i have a taste for skylines and expensive pc hardware.... FUUUUUUU

I thought i could motivate you!

No, it doesn't help that my office over looks the smoking hut. I know what I have to do but that is easier said than done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

No, it doesn't help that my office over looks the smoking hut. I know what I have to do but that is easier said than done.

Just be thankful that your boss doesn't smoke in his office and your office is right next to his. I tried giving up when I started this job but he lights up the minute he comes in!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement