Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Any idea of the model number? Who to ask there for the TV?

Ask at customer service. I have no idea what model it is. They did a price scan for me and it came up as 175.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Couldn't find scanner in Cabra or Portlaoise. Clearwater scanner off and nothing worth scanning in Ashbourne or Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

One Toshiba 32" led in Tesco in Kinnegad for €175, in back room but offered to sell it to me, also 2x 19" DVD combo for €139

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ei9go

Tesco value Mince Pies 6 pack . Lots of them for 15c in Tesco Ardkeen Waterford tonight.

They are where the reduced cakes and bread are.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭fall

josh59 wrote: »
    Nice - need a Saorview box for a spare tv at home - Tesco on the way home so !!
    Totally clueless about these boxes. Have a tv in the spare room for x box. If I got one of these boxes could I then watch tv or do I have to do something else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

wtd2008 wrote: »
    There were three Toshiba 32" TV's in Oranmore this evening at 4:30, scanning at €239. I asked them to check the price that other stores were selling them at €150, no go. Manager gave me some spiel about Crazy Price Stock was all he could sell at a reduction, regardless of what other stores were doing. I showed him this thread with other people getting the same TV for €150 in other stores. He said he did not know how other stores are selling them at this price.
    When I asked about the LG ones on 27th I was told by another staff member that of course staff would snap them up at that price.

BTW, thanks to the other Boardsie for the moral support!

The stock they are selling are older models do you may well find a 32" toshiba tv but that dies not automatically mean its the one that is being cleared out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Still haven't got a bloody telly!

I did pick up one of these soundbars for the princely sum of €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Soarer wrote: »

Where??

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Are these marked as reduced or did he ask?

Was just over there and saw nothing. Didn't ask though.

He asked. He got the guy (jonathan) to price the tvs

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Anything in navan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

shannon82 wrote: »
    Anything in navan?

Nothing, not sure about Tesco bargains thou ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tesco Artane has x360 games for €5. Kinect Disneyland and Once Upon a Monster (sesame street) good for young children. Also lots of the €75 Toshiba tvs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

HungryJoey wrote: »
    Where??

Sorry, Mahon Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats a total bargain given that Amazon are selling them at nearly £120

Anyone see any of these soundbars in a Tesco in Dublin, for 35 Id take one easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

fall wrote: »
    Totally clueless about these boxes. Have a tv in the spare room for x box. If I got one of these boxes could I then watch tv or do I have to do something else?

you would still need either an indoor or an outdoor aerial to pick up soarview.
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Tesco Artane has x360 games for €5. Kinect Disneyland and Once Upon a Monster (sesame street) good for young children. Also lots of the €75 Toshiba tvs

do you mean 175 tvs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

No they are 19 inch €75

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Lazybones

Welll done on your calm and reasoned approach in the store this afternoon. I was the other boardsie there!:)
    It would have been nice to get a deal on the TV's.... but it was not to be sadly.

I did get the last Toshiba Blue Ray DVD Player in Oranmore for €45 - it is the BDX 1300KB Model. All other DVD Players were scanning at full price.

The TV Search continues.................

wtd2008 wrote: »
    There were three Toshiba 32" TV's in Oranmore this evening at 4:30, scanning at €239. I asked them to check the price that other stores were selling them at €150, no go. Manager gave me some spiel about Crazy Price Stock was all he could sell at a reduction, regardless of what other stores were doing. I showed him this thread with other people getting the same TV for €150 in other stores. He said he did not know how other stores are selling them at this price.
    When I asked about the LG ones on 27th I was told by another staff member that of course staff would snap them up at that price.

BTW, thanks to the other Boardsie for the moral support!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lillibeth

Babyliss wave envy reduced from €69 to €10. On the shelf it says reduced to €46 but scanning in at €10. Also Babyliss root lift reduced to €8.

These were in Edenderry, but I reckon if you see them in any store they will scan at the reduced rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lillibeth

sarah88 wrote: »
    no reduced ps3's in waterford tramore, ballybeg, lisduggen, or poleberry stores. if anyone spots any around the south, could they please let me know, thanks.

Got PS3 12gb for €80 this morning. Again this was not advertised but after seeing they were reduced here I asked instore if they had any and how much they were.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Couple of these for €30 in the Athlone store for €30
    51wA09Fby7L.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

if anyone spots any soundbars/speakers in Dublin & vicinity do let us know. Thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Lillibeth wrote: »
    Got PS3 12gb for €80 this morning. Again this was not advertised but after seeing they were reduced here I asked instore if they had any and how much they were.

where?

Edit: just spotted from a previous post that your from Edenderry

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

uli84 wrote: »
    if anyone spots any soundbars/speakers in Dublin & vicinity do let us know. Thanks!!!

Looking for the same myself, my tv speakers are sounding like they are about to go so need to get a sound bar soon

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

any ps3's found in dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

There's 1 360 arcade left in tesco Bray selling for 104.99. I got the other one since I already have a harddrive from my old busted one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LosPrimos

In Naas extra there are 2 ps3's I only checked the price of the 120gb version and they still wanted 299 . the 12gb was also on the shelf but did not check the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Is the 19" Toshiba worth a buy at €75? Good picture quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bucksja

CFC007 wrote: »
    Is the 19" Toshiba worth a buy at €75? Good picture quality?

Don't know about quality but would be as good as anything else out there at the moment.
    Tesco Douglas have at least 1 left for 75 euro just saw 1 being sold for the 75 euro and another on shelf,take no notice of shelf price take it to scanner or counter.

Any deals on smart 32 or 40" in Cork or Kerry anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any cheap laptops lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

soc wrote: »
    Oh, and Fairy All-in-One Dishwasher tablets are half-price at the moment.
    36 tablets for €6.39 (stocked up on a few while I was there)

there's always some variety of Dishwasher tablets on half-price offer. Lidls All-in-One are fine @ 3.50 for 42. The branded ones are ridiculously priced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement