Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Karl is getting on my nerves so much, what a waste of space sitting there on the sofa like a big ornament with his beer cans and her begging for freebie burgers in her ex's shop for Jaysus sake!!!!

Tbh I like the way they are writing Karl right now. The bit with Dev and the beer was awesome. I loved the bit when they were talking about Sunita working in the shop, because I'm pretty sure it was racing on in the background, and you could almost see the thought bubble over karls head going "I can stay at home watching the racing, and she can go out and work, and I bet she'll get a staff discount for cans of lager". I hope Sunita rings him and gets him to feed or wash the kids. I can imagine him using a mop to prod the kids into the bath, or buying them a kebab each while they watch more racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

So Tommy and Tina are broke and can't afford to give Tyrone and Kirsty the full payment. But they still have the readies to go supping pints of bitter in t' Rovers and having their brekkies in the Cafe. :rolleyes:

Gloria gets more and more annoying by the episode, she hasn't changed a bit like she'd promised. Sue Johnson is a good actress, Corrie have her badly cast............

.........and what's with the tension that was building up between Steve, Michelle, Ryan and Tracey ? They spend a couple of weeks building up a plot and then forget it. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I suppose you're some stud? I'm a red head, as are my kids. I've never met anyone with your attitude though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Offensive comments removed. Stick to discussing Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,818 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I quite like Izzy and Gary as a couple but not this surrogate storyline I nearly prefer if they had kept Izzy preggers and had them have a miscarriage later on or a dead born baby or heaven forbid a normal healthy baby

• Advertisement

A big thing that stands out to me is that ever since Izzy first got pregnant nobody has discussed one quite serious issue to do with her having children. She has EDS, her lifespan is drastically reduced and there is a fairly strong possibility that she will be dead before any child she has is out of it's teens. I know there is no guarantee for anyone that they will live past their forties but if you know that you almost definitely won't, surely it would factor into your decision to become a parent. I'm not saying you wouldn't still have a child but it certainly merits discussion.

iguana wrote: »
    A big thing that stands out to me is that ever since Izzy first got pregnant nobody has discussed one quite serious issue to do with her having children. She has EDS, her lifespan is drastically reduced and there is a fairly strong possibility that she will be dead before any child she has is out of it's teens. I know there is no guarantee for anyone that they will live past their forties but if you know that you almost definitely won't, surely it would factor into your decision to become a parent. I'm not saying you wouldn't still have a child but it certainly merits discussion.

They touched on that when she got pregnant the first time. Eoin went off on one and she was all "oh dont tell me what i cant do". I suppose if I knew I wasnt going to last as long as other people, i would like to leave a part of myself behind, and so a child is the obvious one.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Any comments on this quite delicate issue should be made in the knowledge that the actress playing Izzie herself suffers from this condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I've just tuned in to corrie for the first time in months and if that girl turns out to be lloyd's daughter they seriously need a new casting director. Her skin is darker than her mother's and her mother is darker than Lloyd. She's taller than either of them. It all looks a bit silly really. They've could have made it a bit more real and believable!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Looks like Kirk is on to a winner :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Fat Brenda!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Lookks like Krazy Kirsty will be back to "normal" this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Looks like Krazy Kirsty will be back to "normal" this week

Could get interesting when:
    Her parents return

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

iguana wrote: »

Izzy (and the actress playing her) has EDS type 3. This type doesn't reduce lifespan at all. However, I don't think they have touched at all on the fact that any child of hers has a 50% chance of inheriting her condition.

Maria
    will have a breast cancer scare and that brings her closer to
    Marcus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭phormium

I know it would make no sense but I have always hoped someone would discover Simon was Lloyd's kid, I think that would be believable casting wise, they are very alike, Peter and his blond wife produced a very different looking child!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

just loved corrie this week, had some very good comic moments..the additon of sue johnson is a master stroke...

just loved corrie this week, had some very good comic moments..the additon of sue johnson is a master stroke...

I love Sue Johnson, but her character was the fly in the ointment for me this week. So annoying.
    I've just tuned in to corrie for the first time in months and if that girl turns out to be lloyd's daughter they seriously need a new casting director. Her skin is darker than her mother's and her mother is darker than Lloyd. She's taller than either of them. It all looks a bit silly really. They've could have made it a bit more real and believable!!

Its not uncommon for sons and daughters to be taller than their parents, especially if their parents were born in developing countries where childhood nutrition was not as good as it was for their son or daughter.

Its also not uncommon for people to carry genes for traits they do not possess, e.g. darker skin.

Fiz Brown will reportedly end up in a coma after breathing in carbon monoxide fumes from a faulty gas boiler.

Viewers will see the factory worker, played by Jenny McAlpine, collapse at home after her boiler isn't fixed properly by Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall).

Producers have been taking advice on the Christmas storyline from the Gas Safe Register, the Sunday Mirror reports.

"It is one of our biggest and most important storylines in a very long time and we need to make sure that it is portrayed properly as we know that scenes like this, if done properly, can save lives," a source said.

"That's why we decided to work with the Gas Safe Register. We want to make sure that we get everything accurate and right. It will have fans on the edge of their seats.

"Carbon monoxide is the silent killer and the show hopes to bring the issue to everyone."

Tyrone could face prosecution for unlawfully attempting to fix Fiz's boiler. Her daughter Hope will be staying with Chesney when the incident occurs.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maria
    will have a breast cancer scare and that brings her closer to
    Marcus

Something like:
    Maria:Marcus I think I found a lump on my boob. Can you check for me, being a nurse and all?
    Marcus:"Why sure Maria!"
    Maria:"Oooh baby, don't stop"
    Marcus:"Pardon?"
    Maria:"I said have you seen my drapes? I made them myself"

• Advertisement

Corrie have done a Carbon Monoxide poisoning story before. Way back in the 90s I think.

Rita, in her flat above the cabin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Fiz Brown will reportedly end up in a coma after breathing in carbon monoxide fumes from a faulty gas boiler.

Viewers will see the factory worker, played by Jenny McAlpine, collapse at home after her boiler isn't fixed properly by Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall).

Tyrone could face prosecution for unlawfully attempting to fix Fiz's boiler. Her daughter Hope will be staying with Chesney when the incident occurs.

I wonder will Kirsty have a hand in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

deelite wrote: »
    I wonder will Kirsty have a hand in this?

It will probably be something like he is in the middle of fixing the boiler and Kirsty calls him and wants him home and he rushes the job.

You'd think Kirsty and Tyrone would at least have a carry-cot or moses basket. And how about putting the baba down to sleep in a room without a running washing machine, Kirsty?

Ha! Wendy Crozier!

Are we in for another Ken and Deirdre love triangle?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Wendy Crozier is back.........Ken 'there's life in the old dog yet' Barlow....here we go again!

RH149 wrote: »
    Wendy Crozier is back.........Ken 'there's old dog in the life yet' Barlow....here we go again!
    fyp

Sardonicat wrote: »
    You'd think Kirsty and Tyrone would at least have a carry-cot or moses basket.

Putting a newborn to sleep in a buggy that doesn't lie completely flat is a good way to screw up the child's development all right. That said she'd have been well within her rights to have thrown Fiz and Sally, especially Sally, out on their ears. If a baby's mother says she'd rather you leave the baby where she is, you DO NOT PICK UP THE BABY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Ken the old dog will be after a bit of the other with Wendy. I wouldn't blame him though, i can almost smell the fags off Dierdre through the telly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I don't think Ken gets up to anything with Wendy this time round, he said in an interview the other day he gets all the hassle of having an affair but none of the pleasure :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement