Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accommodation in, around, and near Mary I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭monalitto

Hi, thanks for the advice - I have rented the rooms to 3 students, & all is fine.
    I have another query.... I have been told by a friend that's done this before, that the rent for the 5 week Christmas period is payable before Christmas. Is this the usual way as the rent is paid weekly? I need to clarify this & would appreciate any advice. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zebren

Hey I'm moving from Meath to start the postgraduate in primary teaching in Mary Immaculate and want to start looking for accommodation soon. Just wondering what other people in the course are doing or anyone in the same boat looking for accommodation? :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Accommodation requests should be kept to this sticky please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Hey guys, quick question :)

I'm going into 2nd year BA next year, and I'm in Ashdown now. It's lovely, perfect for 1st year, but for 2nd year I'm looking to move into a cheaper place with a new crowd. Is there any houses near the college that would take individuals and put them together in groups? Or would you have to go to them with a group already sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Hi

Hope it is ok to post this. I have two double rooms to rent near Mary I and am dropping rent for summer. If anyone interested let me know. I own the house and am working as a teacher in town

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 maryi2013

Hi,

I'm looking for 3 other mature students to share a house with in September, close to Mary I. Lived with regular first years last year and although I enjoy a session myself it proved a bit much!

Private mail me if interested...

hi all, what date does mary i start back in september?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

monalitto wrote: »
    hi all, what date does mary i start back in september?

I'm going into second year B.Ed. I got a letter last week about fees and it said somewhere that lectures start Monday 9th September. Orientation etc. for new First Years will be the week before I'd imagine, that was the way for me last year anyway :pac:

thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aoifeocarroll

Hi

I'm going to go to Mary I college this year and my best friend wants to go to limerick institute of technology but we would like to rent an apartment together some where in the middle of the two colleges but were not sure where that might be? Is there anybody who would help us out and give us a location where the 2 of us could stay and both cycle to college every day?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hi

I'm going to go to Mary I college this year and my best friend wants to go to limerick institute of technology but we would like to rent an apartment together some where in the middle of the two colleges but were not sure where that might be? Is there anybody who would help us out and give us a location where the 2 of us could stay and both cycle to college every day?

Somewhere on the North Circular Road perhaps. I don't know how much rental property is going around there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Hi

I'm heading there myself. If you couldn't find anything in the middle the fact that you are cycling to classes should negate some of the distance for one of ye.

Ye could ring both colleges for accom. lists and try cross reference them for distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It's roughly a 20 minute cycle between the two campuses so if you chose accommodation by one college, it should still be manageable.

Accommodation around Mary I is nicer though and you are closer to town and The Crescent.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

What areas/estates do Mary I students tend to stay in that aren't student accommodation?

Castlewell, Alandale and Fitzhaven would be the main ones. All are close to the college and are top quality houses. You'd be very lucky to find accommodation there at this time though. They're usually snapped up by current students before the end of the college year.

hi, i have one double room left for rent in my house in new street, a couple of minutes from mary i. its a lovely spacious room in a very nice house. owner occupied (myself). i have rented out 2 rooms already to a 1st year & a final year student (girls). i did this for the first time last year & it worked out really well. if anyone interested please pm me for details or to view. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

If anyone has two rooms around Mary I I would be interested. Not going to Mary I but commuting to a college just outside the city everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MCostelloe

Hi
    Do you still have a room to rent, and if so how much is the rent per week, Thanks

yes i still have a room for rent, i'll pm you

http://www.daft.ie/3729486

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trese

Hello
    Im a first year student about to start Mary I and Im looking for accommodation. I don't drink or smoke and I am looking for a nice place to stay near the college with students that have similar interests not big into going out at night and partying. I would be interested in digs if a family were taking in students or sharing with someone of similar interests :)
    If anyone has ideas you might get back to me as lot of accommodation seems to be booked up!!

• Advertisement

hi trese, i have a room free in my house that would be worth looking at http://www.daft.ie/3729486 i have a 1st year & final year student from mary i, who will be staying here also, you can check out my house on that link, or pm me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jenly3

Hey there ,

I have an accommodation available 2 min walk from Mary I gates. Its a Dig, which means you live with a family and they supply you with bed and breakfast . You get your own room and tv. This house is a beautiful Georgian house in a very safe area . The family is sweet and the mother is a chef. They're very accomodating (if you have a food allergy etc) please PM me if you're interested :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

First year, looking for a room around the 50 euro a week mark. Skint so cant go to much higher. Pretty urgent so please pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Hi all

Hope it ok to post this. I have room to rent near the college for anyone looking accommodation. It's a 3 bed house and it's me and one other female tenant at present. we are both on our 30's so room ideal for older student looking for a quieter house

If you have any questions just let me know

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Hi yogalady,

You may also want to check out the MISU accommodation page on Facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emerryan29

Does anyone know anything about booking student accommodation in Fitzhaven Square, I think it's called??

emerryan29 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about booking student accommodation in Fitzhaven Square, I think it's called??

I am there atm. I sorted it out through daft.ie...got the number there and rang. I honestly wouldn't go there again but up to you. It's a nice little estate but that's it really...houses look nice but aren't the best either. You'll get a lot nicer houses in Castlewell for just the same amount of money if not less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emerryan29

Thanks very much for posting a reply. What would be your biggest turn off about Fitzhaven if you don't mind me asking? Is Castlewell also purely student accommodation?

emerryan29 wrote: »
    Thanks very much for posting a reply. What would be your biggest turn off about Fitzhaven if you don't mind me asking? Is Castlewell also purely student accommodation?

Castlewell would be mainly students but regular residents live there as well. Fitzhaven is smaller, therefore has less students and more residents. Biggest turn off? Ehm very high rent which is not value for money. The houses are a little old fashioned...landlord issues. Houses are very cold in the winter. All I'm saying is for students there are far better housing estates around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 GalwayGirl96

Hello, I've been reading this thread for a couple days now debating where to stay next year. I'm hoping to do the B.Ed next year, fingers crossed. I'm tilting towards City Campus right now because I see its least strict, and a great place to meet new people and have parties. I'm both a worker and a partier so this place appealed to me most. The 15 minute walk makes no difference to me, I can get over that. I hope I've made the right choice, would someone be able to tel me their experience with City Campus?

Advertisement